• Last Reply
got the 457 yesterday

application for 457 28.04.2011

nomination approved 28.05.2011

application processed further 01.06.2011

application approved 18.08.2011

good luck everyone :)

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

I'm hoping our's won't be too much longer !!

Lynne x

Hi everyone.

This is my timeline

21/06-2011 application received

21/06/2011 application fee received

27/07/2011 application beeing processed further

Now I got a mesage from my Agent telling me that the Sponsor is undergoing regular monitoring and that this needs to be concluded before the Immigration Office can finalize my matter. Does anyone know how long the monitoring can take?

Thanks

Guest dubsydney

Hi! I am new to this forum....been reading some posts

here..I am so glad that members are very helpful,basically

I am one of those people who are applying for 457 visa,

finger cross....and praying all the tine to get through with

this new chapter of my life....

application lodged.....8/8/2011

further info required....19/8.2011.....waiting:daydreaming::daydreaming:

Welcome to PIO, I've found this forum a great help !

Where are u heading ??

Lynne

Guest dubsydney

Welcome to PIO, I've found this forum a great help !

Where are u heading ??

Lynne

Thanks for the warm welcome...hopefully we are heading to Sydney..

Just asking re:457 visa.....im bit nervous this time...we just paid 950

australian dollars for our health insurance...thats good for three months,

for my partner,son(15yo),and daughter(3 months old)

And Ive read in other forum that you have to pay for school fee 4,500k??

Are you going to pay for that right away?to have 457 visa approved??:shocked::shocked:

We're waiting until we get there to sort out Health Insurance, we have travel insurance which will cover us until register for medicare. As we have E111 we can use that in Australia.

On a 457 you have to pay for school fees in Sydney..one of the reasons we didn't choose to go there!!

My husband has a job offer for a large company of Body Repair shops and the needed Panel Beaters in Melboune & Sydney.

I can't stand all this waiting...I keep worrying that we're not going to get it !!!

Hopefully it wont be too long for us all now !!!

Lynne x

Guest dubsydney
We're waiting until we get there to sort out Health Insurance, we have travel insurance which will cover us until register for medicare. As we have E111 we can use that in Australia.

On a 457 you have to pay for school fees in Sydney..one of the reasons we didn't choose to go there!!

My husband has a job offer for a large company of Body Repair shops and the needed Panel Beaters in Melboune & Sydney.

I can't stand all this waiting...I keep worrying that we're not going to get it !!!

Hopefully it wont be too long for us all now !!!

Lynne x

Hi Lynne,

So you mean to say I have to pay school fees?which I think is

around 5.5k because my son is over 11 years old?:eek::eek:

And can anybody answer my question....is it really true when

a 457 visa holders child turn 18 years old...is it difficult for them

to get a permanent visa?please please whoever have an idea

about this...I think Ive made the wrong move (Sydney)....

Hi,

I'm not sure about the turning 18 question, you may be best contactiing an migration agent or even the Australian Immigration. We plan to apply for a PR as soon as we are able to anyway and that will be before my son is 18.

Go to http://gomatildaforums.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5726004143/m/8321017972 about the school fees, I really wouldn't let it put you off !! if it's $4500 a year thats only $86p/w (£50p/w)...I've probably paid more than that over the year for our school in UK for various things they have asked me to pay for !!!.

What's your occupation ??

Lynne x

We've been told our 457 will be 'approved' between 7 -15 of September. What does 'approval' mean exactly? How soon could we expect to fly out after that? Any ideas?

Just out of interest....who told you it would be approved between those dates ?? !!

Lynne x

His future employer is handling it -- but we submitted all our documents on the 28th of August. We were told it takes 6-12 weeks but I'm just wondering if when it is 'approved' that actually means we can fly out within a matter of days. The reason I ask is that my kids are due to start school in a couple of weeks -- it's a new school so I'm reluctant to put them all in for the sake of a couple of weeks.

Guest geepsica
His future employer is handling it -- but we submitted all our documents on the 28th of August. We were told it takes 6-12 weeks but I'm just wondering if when it is 'approved' that actually means we can fly out within a matter of days. The reason I ask is that my kids are due to start school in a couple of weeks -- it's a new school so I'm reluctant to put them all in for the sake of a couple of weeks.

Hi Chiara,

The visa is electronic and linked to your passport, therefore as soon as the case officer approves your visa and you have your approval letter you can fly out.

Guest geepsica
Hi Lynne,

So you mean to say I have to pay school fees?which I think is

around 5.5k because my son is over 11 years old?:eek::eek:

And can anybody answer my question....is it really true when

a 457 visa holders child turn 18 years old...is it difficult for them

to get a permanent visa?please please whoever have an idea

about this...I think Ive made the wrong move (Sydney)....

dubsydney,

I was sponsored as a dependent on my sister's 457s. Once I turned 18 there was never an issue as I was still dependent on her. I think the limit is 21 - if your child is 21 and they're still a dependent you'll need to provide substantial evidence that they are indeed dependent - this may include receipts for tuition, rent, money given to them from you, etc. I know because we were asked for this (not sure if it's reasonable or not), but before I was 21 the dependency was easy to prove - mainly just tuition.

I would recommend that if you plan to sponsor your child for PR, you get the PR before they finish university. Keep in mind PR takes a while depending on whether you're sponsored or not - have a look at the forums, you'll see some stories. Also keep in mind once you enter Australia your PR options may be different from when you're offshore - e.g to my knowledge you can't apply for a 175 when you're in Aussie. So I would start considering how you'd apply for PR, now. This is where I got burnt - I didn't plan ahead, now I have to start all over again from a 457.

Hope this helps :smile:

Guest dubsydney
Hi,

I'm not sure about the turning 18 question, you may be best contactiing an migration agent or even the Australian Immigration. We plan to apply for a PR as soon as we are able to anyway and that will be before my son is 18.

Go to http://gomatildaforums.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5726004143/m/8321017972 about the school fees, I really wouldn't let it put you off !! if it's $4500 a year thats only $86p/w (£50p/w)...I've probably paid more than that over the year for our school in UK for various things they have asked me to pay for !!!.

What's your occupation ??

Lynne x

Hi Lynne,

You made a good analysis re:school fees....not too bad if you are

really interested to go...no matter what...If theres a will there's a

way!!!:twitcy:...I am a nurse by profession...

I was just panic yesterday I thought that you have to pay the 4.5k

inorder for your 457 visa granted....Anyway...thanks for your

reply...youve been a good motivator among us here who are hoping

to have a good life down under!!!:cute::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Guest dubsydney
dubsydney,

I was sponsored as a dependent on my sister's 457s. Once I turned 18 there was never an issue as I was still dependent on her. I think the limit is 21 - if your child is 21 and they're still a dependent you'll need to provide substantial evidence that they are indeed dependent - this may include receipts for tuition, rent, money given to them from you, etc. I know because we were asked for this (not sure if it's reasonable or not), but before I was 21 the dependency was easy to prove - mainly just tuition.

I would recommend that if you plan to sponsor your child for PR, you get the PR before they finish university. Keep in mind PR takes a while depending on whether you're sponsored or not - have a look at the forums, you'll see some stories. Also keep in mind once you enter Australia your PR options may be different from when you're offshore - e.g to my knowledge you can't apply for a 175 when you're in Aussie. So I would start considering how you'd apply for PR, now. This is where I got burnt - I didn't plan ahead, now I have to start all over again from a 457.

Hope this helps :smile:

Hi Geepsica,

Thanks for the wonderful info...youve been kind to share your

situation...just like Lynne

Yeah my agency said to me that the hospital where I will

be working is ready to sponsor us for PR...after six months.

I am hoping that I can adjust and settle well in my new job.

As of this time...its a waiting game:daydreaming::daydreaming:

I am praying for all of us.....to make our dream come true!!!!!

Well, On Saturday it was my daughters 8th birthday, and guess what she got as a present.............

Yep you've guessed it our visa was finally granted!!!

Employer Lodged 19th June - approved 19th August. Never thought it was going to happen and now so much to do!

Good luck to all of you still waiting

Sarah

Guest dubsydney
Well, On Saturday it was my daughters 8th birthday, and guess what she got as a present.............

Yep you've guessed it our visa was finally granted!!!

Employer Lodged 19th June - approved 19th August. Never thought it was going to happen and now so much to do!

Good luck to all of you still waiting

Sarah

Hi Norfolk,

Indeed it is the best present!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Congratulations:fish::fish::fish::

Guest geepsica

I got the good news today... VISA APPROVED!!!!!:yellow_guy_smiling_

It's taken about 6weeks - it could have been much shorter than that but my agent's slacked off, and my case officer was on sick leave (just my luck).

My advice to anyone waiting to hear something - chase it up yourself!!!

My agents never called immigration regardless of how many times I inquired. After 3 weeks I'd had enough - I got my TRN looked online and saw I was supposed to have done my X-rays on the day my application went in - but guess what my agents never told me. They didn't even know I had a case officer.

So I called immigration every single day for the whole of last week until I finally got my case officer's contact details. Even then my agents still did nothing but email her, even though I gave them the direct phone number. So today I spoke to the case officer myself and by the end of the day my visa was granted :)

Soooo I suggest taking matters into your own hands!

Guest asadns
I got the good news today... VISA APPROVED!!!!!:yellow_guy_smiling_

It's taken about 6weeks - it could have been much shorter than that but my agent's slacked off, and my case officer was on sick leave (just my luck).

My advice to anyone waiting to hear something - chase it up yourself!!!

My agents never called immigration regardless of how many times I inquired. After 3 weeks I'd had enough - I got my TRN looked online and saw I was supposed to have done my X-rays on the day my application went in - but guess what my agents never told me. They didn't even know I had a case officer.

So I called immigration every single day for the whole of last week until I finally got my case officer's contact details. Even then my agents still did nothing but email her, even though I gave them the direct phone number. So today I spoke to the case officer myself and by the end of the day my visa was granted :)

Soooo I suggest taking matters into your own hands!

Many many CONGRATS!!! Best of luck for the future .

I am getting frustrated now...... God knows when the wait will be over.

My employer applied for the sposorship, nomination and visa on 7.7.11. sposorship n nomination approved same day 30 .7.11. N my application status showing application being processed further since 30.7.11.

waiting for the golden words......

Here's my timeline to date !!

22nd July Application lodged (before the nomination was approved)

22nd July Application being processed

9th August Nomination approved

12th August Further information requested

15th August Information sent

I've had problems getting hold of references, a lot of the companies are no longer trading and others have said they dont give personal references, they fill out form sent by new employers.

I managed to get 2 but they wouldn't give detailed ones as they came from HR depts and they dont really know what tasks and responsibilities were involded in his job !

I've sent everything via email to the CO on Mon but not heard anything, I've sent another email to ask if they need any others but again no reply.

I've also uploaded them on to the application on the Immigration site just in case there was a problem.

I'm really worried now that there may be a problem and we might get it refused because we can't get enough ref's !!!

Just an update to my timeline...I logged on this morning and they must be working on it as it now says:

23rd August......additional information received, Thankyou

Lets hope there not anymore required and we'll have it soon !!!!

Lynne x

Archived