457 processing times

Lexi

Guest kthai27

Hi, my husband and i applied for the VISA 457 and it has been 2 months and still no word. Does anyone know why there is such a long delay in visas to be approved ?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, my husband and i applied for the VISA 457 and it has been 2 months and still no word. Does anyone know why there is such a long delay in visas to be approved ?

I suggest you ring your CO and find out why there is no movement. It's better than speculating. Usually it would be a matter of the DIAC office being over-swamped with backlogs

30 June - Job offer, gathering documents.

31 July - visa lodgement, need X-ray because from high risk country for tuberculosis.

7 August - nomination approved.

9 August - X-ray sent to Sydney.

17 August - X-ray finalised.

19 September - visa approved.

Progress:

evisa nomination lodged 14th September 2012

evisa application lodged 16th September 2012

e health medical Dublin 18th September 2012

application being processed further 19th September

medical results X2 received 20th September

Nomination approved 19th September

Hi Lexi,

Mine was just approved today after 11 weeks! (the first 8 weeks are the worst)

My immigration agent made me to all the police/ fbi checks and chest x-rays....

Hi,

These questions are purely because I am inpatient but can anyone tell me if it actually takes 8 weeks for a 457 visa to be processed or is that the maximum time it coudl take?

Also do you always need medicals with a 457? And police checks?

Its torture waiting to hear back about the visa application and everything else we have to do is all based on when and if the visa is granted. Someone put me out of my misery please!

HI All,

At last my PR application been delayed due to my work exprience does not meet their requirement period which is 3 year , so now my agent gentting job placement and employer sponsor visa 457. Im waiting for job placement now ..... how soon I can get a job ? Im a chef with 10 year exprience .... can anyone advice me ...... Im looking at perth .....

Hi All , need and asvice from the people who applied for VISA 457. How far this agents will contact our references that we given , because some of my references not in town at this moment. I wondering how true there will be contacting the references to get information , can anyone advice me ?

Thanks

My e457 Visa process so far:

09.09.12 Nomination approved

13.09.12 Application lodged - processing commenced

19.09.12 CO appointed - extra info req for 19yr old Daughter

26.09.12 Medicals carried out

The wait begins..... Hope to be in Brisbane end of Nov begin Dec (before the flight prices soar!!)

Back to waking up every other hour to check visa update!!

HELP! -for those of you who have already applied for your 457 Visa. Please could you tell me what you put for 'Proposed period of stay for this application', is this provided by your employer or do you just put say from now up until 4 years if that makes sense? Also my nomination has been approved but I cant figure out which number is the 'Nomination Approval Number'? Any help would be greatly received.

Cheers, Sara :cute:

Hi Lexi, I recently got offered a job with sponsorship (the company was already set up to do this) and it took about a week for them to get confirmation that my nomination had been approved. I then submitted my part of the application with as much info as I could provide and it got approved in 3 working days. I didn't have to have a medical or a police check but I guess it depends on what job you will be doing and whether you have any pre existing conditions.

Good luck!! I was also impatient and wondered how long it would take and was pleasantly surprised to get the authorisation so quickly. I would keep logging on to check as I found it had been approved online a couple of days before I got the confirmation email.

What job are you doing and where are you going? We are going to Sydney and I leave a week tomorrow - I only got the job 4 weeks ago, am not sure whether to be nervous or excited!! It's certainly been a bit stressful getting everything sorted :)

Sarah x

My timeline is

Sponsorship Application Received 30/08/2012

Sponsorship Approved 03/10/2012

Nomination Application Received 24/09/2012

Nomination Approved 05/10/2012

Visa Application Received 24/09.2012

Visa Approved 05/10/2012

I will be planning on flying out the first week in November,

Good luck to all who are chasing you dream

• 2 weeks later...

Wow that's really quick. We are moving with my husbands company, believe they have moved a fair few people over, they are using an immigration agent, last email we got from them last night said they would be lodging the application and let us know once it's been lodged. Was wondering if we will get anything directly from immigration or if it will all be directed though the agent - did you do your own application?

Congrats - you'd best start packing :biggrin:

Hi All,

My agent submitted my resume to Australian agent to look for employer to sponsor my VISA, I submitted my full resume and video resume too. Is there any posibility employer will do interview via skype ? kindly anyone could advice me accordingly.

SAD

Hi Everyone! So glad this thread is here as the worrying and psycho-checking of the application status is driving me crazy :goofy:

21/09/2012 - Application received - processing commenced

21/09/2012 - Application fee received

26/09/2012 - Application being processed further

For my family (me, husband and two kids) - did police check, too. Still waiting for approval - it will be 4 weeks this Friday. It's comforting reading about your experiences so thanks everyone!

Good luck for us all.

Hi SEV,

If you dont mind, what is your profession and how is the whole process went throught on getting job offer from an employer ? is your VISA is sponsoring by employer ?

SAD

Archived