soap watch

Guest sh7t man no way

Guest sh7t man no way

i wuz talking on the scype to me mate in brisbane the other day,and wuz chatting to his mum (shes visiting from the uk) and all she talked about was what wuz happining in coranation street back in the uk--apparantly they show it in aus but its 6 months behind--i dont do coranation street or eastenders--i sometimes watch emmerdale--so i couldnt tell her anything--so for any guys on here who want to be updated on emmerdale here goes--chris tate wuz allready to marry chas dingle on xmas day--but he wuz having his wicked way with eve at work--chas found out,and arranged the wedding on xmas day (to fleece him of money),and dumped him at the church--also eric pollard may have done away with his former wifes son who died when the plane crashed on the village 17 years ago---thats all i know about emmerdale at present--i thought id start this thread for people in australia to be kept updated about there favourie soap in the uk--also iff theres any goss about home&away or neighbours please feel free to join in:wubclub:

Guest sh7t man no way
Lol Chris Tate not been in it for years and years ...... I think you meant Carl King ;-)

Sara

i stand corrected sara---your spot on--chris tate died years ago---i seldom watch soaps:wubclub:

Guest sh7t man no way
My wife was over in England last year as her Sister was sick. She couldn't believe how many peoples lives revolved around what was happening on the soaps. It drove her nuts.

She was glad to get home.

i know what you mean paul--some people acually think there for real,and live there lives around them--still its an escape from the troubled times we live in:wubclub:ive seen eastenders once,and it depressed the life out of me-now theres a doom,and gloom bit of tv :wideeyed:are all cockneys sad people--and corranation street does nothing for the reputation of northern folk:no:eh up lad--if you did not live in the uk,and watched these soaps,you would be affraid to go to london for fear of your life,and sanity--and certainly avoid manchester where people can only count to 20 with the help of there fingers,and toes

Home and Away (or "Go home, go away and don't come back" as I call it) is a Sydney show, so we turn it over at 7pm. Neighbours - well the show's no good, but if you go down to the street where it's filmed (near me) you can see the backpacker bus filled with European backpackers and half the barmy army etc and there's more interesting stuff going on in that bus I think than on the tv show I can assure you:biggrin::laugh:Can't believe people come over to Melbourne especially to see that street:laugh:

i wuz talking on the scype to me mate in brisbane the other day,and wuz chatting to his mum (shes visiting from the uk) and all she talked about was what wuz happining in coranation street back in the uk--apparantly they show it in aus but its 6 months behind--i dont do coranation street or eastenders--i sometimes watch emmerdale--so i couldnt tell her anything--so for any guys on here who want to be updated on emmerdale here goes--chris tate wuz allready to marry chas dingle on xmas day--but he wuz having his wicked way with eve at work--chas found out,and arranged the wedding on xmas day (to fleece him of money),and dumped him at the church--also eric pollard may have done away with his former wifes son who died when the plane crashed on the village 17 years ago---thats all i know about emmerdale at present--i thought id start this thread for people in australia to be kept updated about there favourie soap in the uk--also iff theres any goss about home&away or neighbours please feel free to join in:wubclub:

we do corrie , but its getting the time , its eather corrie or POMS in Oz and we have well over 200 episodes on the planners and disc.........should we just sack it and start fresh ......?

Guest guest30085
-and certainly avoid manchester where people can only count to 20 with the help of there fingers,and toes

But we can all count to 24 oop ere SMNW . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . cos we have six toes on each foot and six fingers on each hand :yes::eek:

My OH's mum is always asking for updates on Eastenders and Corrie when we talk. She loves them! I don't watch either so don't think I am much use to her.:rolleyes:

I used to watch Eastenders years ago. Depressing as it was (and gather it still is), it made my own life feel very in control, a kind of reverse feel good factor.... :eek:

Guest sh7t man no way

But we can all count to 24 oop ere SMNW . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . cos we have six toes on each foot and six fingers on each hand :yes::eek:

this is what coranation street portrays to me addonna--its purley my impression that the programe give of manchester--if i offended you in anyway im sorry--might i suggest you write to the script writer of this programe to air your complaints--his address is No 17 corranation street, manchester,lancs--im sure he will be able to accomodate your needs:wink:i quite like northern folk--we have a few in service working for us (maid,and butler) i think they are dammed hardworking chaps--its only a shame they dont come with subtitles,one cant understand a word they say:wideeyed:still at £1.50 an hour i shouldnt complain:jiggy:

My wife was over in England last year as her Sister was sick. She couldn't believe how many peoples lives revolved around what was happening on the soaps. It drove her nuts.

She was glad to get home.

Thats my mrs.......Corrie and Emmerdale........its all mindnubbing and drives me up the wall.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Corrie has been great since the tram crash, we hadn't watched it for two years, but its been super, with kev farthering mollys baby and Tyrone bedding kevs wife Sally and Tracy coming back after lying to get Gail Platt banged up and the Platt boys bedding Tracy and then someone bashing Tracys brains out, ..................... brilliant.

Emmerdale too silly these days.

Eastenders, full of arguing, miserable, waster Cockneys painting London out to be drab and horrible, which is true to life at least, lol.

Well I have to say I haven't missed any episodes of either Corrie, Emmerdale or Eastenders since I've been here. Yes I'm addicted but at least I can watch them in my own time over here.

Soaps are entertaining if you're in to them and if your not then don't watch and I don't think that we up north are believed to be anything like those who live on the street, instead I believe the census is that we're all like SHAMELESS! :wink:

Sara

Guest guest30085
this is what coranation street portrays to me addonna--its purley my impression that the programe give of manchester--if i offended you in anyway im sorry--might i suggest you write to the script writer of this programe to air your complaints--his address is No 17 corranation street, manchester,lancs--im sure he will be able to accomodate your needsi quite like northern folk--we have a few in service working for us (maid,and butler) i think they are dammed hardworking chaps--its only a shame they dont come with subtitles,one cant understand a word they saystill at £1.50 an hour i shouldnt complain

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Well Im sure the maid and butler wont require much more pay than that and indeed you are being very generous . . . . after all clogs are very hard wearing you know :yes:

:biglaugh:

Archived