Migration Agents

Guest AndyRoberts

Guest AndyRoberts

Hi

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not. But looking to set up with a migration agent, and looking for any recomendations

Andy

Guest guest36187

I can recommend Go Matilda as they did my parents visa. However lots of agents post on here, so shop around until you get one that suits your budget and you are comfy with

Hi

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not. But looking to set up with a migration agent, and looking for any recomendations

Andy

We used concept australia in manchester,as did about 3/4 cpls we know,all got their visas,think they charge about £1700 now,but not 100% on that,they have a southern office as well

We're using True Blue Migration at the moment, not had our Visa granted yet but only started the ball rolling a few month back so expect the process to take around 12 months. The service to date has been fantastic. We have a dedicated agent dealing with our case who has responded to any questions efficiently and in detail. They also offer a No Visa No Fee guarantee so they won't take your case on unless they're confident they can get you in! Website is Australian Immigration, Skilled Migration Australia, Work Visa & Immigrate To Australia

The Diggler

We used an agent for out visa and we are so glad that we did. We just wanted to pay the money and fill the forms in that we were sent. We also did not know what visa was best for us and too the advice of our agent to provide us with options.It is true there are a lot of bad agents out there, but also there as some good ones that will take the time to talk to you, find out what you need and advice on what will be best for you. Some agents we spoke to at the start only wanted to deal with people from certian areas/skill sets, so they did not get out money.If you decide to do it yourself, you need to know what visa's will be best for you and make sure you go for the right one. We wanted someone else to deal with that side of things for us and our agent did. Don't get us wrong, it will cost you to get the agent, but at the end of the day, we tookthe point of view that this is one of the most important things we are doing and so cost was not an issue

We used an agent for out visa and we are so glad that we did. We just wanted to pay the money and fill the forms in that we were sent. We also did not know what visa was best for us and too the advice of our agent to provide us with options.It is true there are a lot of bad agents out there, but also there as some good ones that will take the time to talk to you, find out what you need and advice on what will be best for you. Some agents we spoke to at the start only wanted to deal with people from certian areas/skill sets, so they did not get out money.If you decide to do it yourself, you need to know what visa's will be best for you and make sure you go for the right one. We wanted someone else to deal with that side of things for us and our agent did. Don't get us wrong, it will cost you to get the agent, but at the end of the day, we tookthe point of view that this is one of the most important things we are doing and so cost was not an issue

Agreed! I've heard of applications being knocked back for a number of trivial reasons, in my opinion its a small price to pay if you really want to emmigrate.

Agreed! I've heard of applications being knocked back for a number of trivial reasons, in my opinion its a small price to pay if you really want to emmigrate.

Totally agree, it is a small price to pay for the rest of your life and knowing that it is right first time.Oh sorry we forgot to add also that even when you have your visa's come through it is always nice to be able to fire off questions to someone who will know the answer. Our agent was more than happy to answer all the questions that build up as time goes on, after our visa was granted. That was great as it helped put our mind at rest quite a bit.

Hi Andy.

What category of visa are you looking to apply for?

If skilled, what occupation would be the basis of the application?

Some agents may be better placed than others, depending on your visa strategy.

Best regards.

Go Matilda also gets my personal endorsement. :wink:

Guest AndyRoberts
Hi Andy.

What category of visa are you looking to apply for?

If skilled, what occupation would be the basis of the application?

Some agents may be better placed than others, depending on your visa strategy.

Best regards.

Alan

I think I would be looking at an employer sponsored visa - PR if possible but initially I think a 457. I am going to do a skills assessment, which I should pass without issue for Building Associate (only because I do not have a degree to go for Construction Project Manager, as this is my current job)

Andy

We're using True Blue Migration at the moment, not had our Visa granted yet but only started the ball rolling a few month back so expect the process to take around 12 months. The service to date has been fantastic. We have a dedicated agent dealing with our case who has responded to any questions efficiently and in detail. They also offer a No Visa No Fee guarantee so they won't take your case on unless they're confident they can get you in! Website is Australian Immigration, Skilled Migration Australia, Work Visa & Immigrate To Australia

The Diggler

Hi Diggler.

Outside the area of reasonably contentious migration assistance (eg refugee applications) no professional migration advisor should accept an instruction unless s/he is comfortable a client has good grounds for a positive outcome - unless the client nevertheless wants to roll the dice on an informed basis in spite of the advisor's concerns as to the prospects of success.

Best regards.

Alan

I think I would be looking at an employer sponsored visa - PR if possible but initially I think a 457. I am going to do a skills assessment, which I should pass without issue for Building Associate (only because I do not have a degree to go for Construction Project Manager, as this is my current job)

Andy

Your choice of agent might then be influenced by whether the prospective employer will need assistance with the element/s of the visa application that have to be prepared and lodged in Australia.

If assistance is needed I would say an agent with an Australian presence would be desirable. Plus (maybe) an office in the UK so the agent can liaise with you on the forms and docs you would have to bring together and submit.

Best regards.

Hi Diggler.

Outside the area of reasonably contentious migration assistance (eg refugee applications) no professional migration advisor should accept an instruction unless s/he is comfortable a client has good grounds for a positive outcome - unless the client nevertheless wants to roll the dice on an informed basis in spite of the advisor's concerns as to the prospects of success.

Best regards.

Hi Alan, yes I agree. I just think the 'No Visa No Fee' offer is a good idea and gives people that added reassurance that the agents working for them will do their upmost to get your Visa granted (there are terms and conditions of course!). From previous posts I've read on P.I.O, some agents are more concerned with taking your money than attending to your Visa application. Its the same situation in the line of work I deal with (personal injury/liability claims), some solicitors are only interested in what fees they can charge an insurance company rather than the amount in compensation their clients receive. I suppose it all depends on who you choose to handle your affairs...!

In my view the "No Visa No Fee" banner is a marketing tactic - and (as you say) the fine print of the terms and conditions may render the policy meaningless anyway.

From the agent's perspective a NVNF policy usually has significant practical consequences in terms of cash flow, as an agent who offers such a policy is required to administer the client's funds in a different manner under the RMA Code of Conduct.

Typically this will require the agent to retain all funds that are subject to the NVNF policy in a separate client bank account until the visa is granted. Such funds cannot be accessed to pay overheads, the RMAs salary, etc.

When visa processing times are variable - often extending to more than 12 months - such a policy is a major impediment to the maintaining and development of the RMAs business. It puts the agent's business at the mercy of DIAC processing priorities.

We contemplated a NVNF policy a few years ago as a marketing exercise, and decided against it because of the significant implications for our cashflow. I'd prefer to only take on clients who have what it takes to secure a visa!

Best regards.

A big endorsement for Go Matilda from Clan Mac too.

We considered a number of agents, but chose Go Matilda. I would not hesitate to recommend them. I KNOW that Alan and his team have their client's best interests at heart and also that many of the peeps on here have benefited from his advice. You will find loads of posts on here endorsing Alan and his team, ultimately you need to make the decision yourself.

The very best of luck to you, welcome to PIO.

Lorraine

Guest Rich and Susie 280

Hi Andy,

With hindsight, we probably would have chosen to go with an Australian based agent/agency. We have found that in the past year, things can happen very quickly with DIAC and having someone based in Oz who is able to make decisions in real time as opposed to up to 12 hours later would have benefitted us greatly!

Rich.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've been in talks with True Blue Migration agents recently and they've advised that they're confident of getting me into the ACT on a 176 skilled visa.

The costs quoted are AUD $2000 initially, followed by another $2000 3-4 months later (after a positive skills assessment). This excludes the government fees etc, etc which come to around $3500.

At the current exchange rate, this equates to around £4700.

For people who have been there and done this already, do you think that's a reasonable price to pay or does that seem a bit steep?

I've signed all forms and scanned to e-mail and was about to click send until a friend recommended Go Matilda (who are UK & OZ based, as opposed to True Blue who are solely OZ based I believe). I'm going to see what they say, but either way I want to get the ball rolling as soon as possible!

All feedback appreciated, cheers,

Rapged

Hi,

I've been in talks with True Blue Migration agents recently and they've advised that they're confident of getting me into the ACT on a 176 skilled visa.

The costs quoted are AUD $2000 initially, followed by another $2000 3-4 months later (after a positive skills assessment). This excludes the government fees etc, etc which come to around $3500.

At the current exchange rate, this equates to around £4700.

For people who have been there and done this already, do you think that's a reasonable price to pay or does that seem a bit steep?

I've signed all forms and scanned to e-mail and was about to click send until a friend recommended Go Matilda (who are UK & OZ based, as opposed to True Blue who are solely OZ based I believe). I'm going to see what they say, but either way I want to get the ball rolling as soon as possible!

All feedback appreciated, cheers,

Rapged

Hi Rapged,

We're using True Blue at the moment and were quoted the same fees which we thought were reasonable. We've found their service to be excellent. Emails have always been answered in detail quickly and precisely. Bear in mind, the government fees quoted are compulsory, True Blue's fees amount to approximately £2,000 in total. I wish migrating was cheaper!

The Diggler

Thanks The Diggler,

Some people on here seem to have been questioning the No Visa, No Fee policy, but having thoroughly read their terms and conditions it does seem genuine.

Yeh, tell me about it! I wish it was a bit cheaper too! It's just the exchange rate that makes it that bit more expensive at the moment too, as $4000 is roughly £2500 - and that's just their fee for managing, as the government fees quoted are madatory like you say.

Thanks The Diggler,

Some people on here seem to have been questioning the No Visa, No Fee policy, but having thoroughly read their terms and conditions it does seem genuine.

Yeh, tell me about it! I wish it was a bit cheaper too! It's just the exchange rate that makes it that bit more expensive at the moment too, as $4000 is roughly £2500 - and that's just their fee for managing, as the government fees quoted are madatory like you say.

We've made one payment of about £940 to date, I was under the impression the second payment was for the same amount (i.e. the 2nd instalment payment?). Is that figure of £2,500 right? Sounds a bit high, unless the exchange rate has gone mad since we first applied about 2-3 months back.

What's your occupation Rapged? And where are you planning on migrating to? My missus recently took and passed her IELTS test so our application goes in this week, bring me that bloody sunshine!!

Hi

Andy

Hi Andy

I would say take your time and choose well as we made the mistake of going with an agent before we found this site and got stung big time.

To cut a long story short we would have had to pay them just under £8,000 and that is without diac fee's

Had we found this site before i would definatly had gone with Gomatilda as i dont think you will find a bad word said about them and thier fees are much more reasonable.

I have spoke to them also and got nothing but positve vibe's.

Unfortunatly for us we had blown our budget (and some) on the other agents who were useless, all information came a month after it had been posted on here but the bills were never late! we gave them the push but only after parting with over £3,000 and that was before the vetassess stage :arghh:

We have had to do it ourselves now and thankfully it all looks good, just police checks and meds to do now so almost there but i can still see the benifit of going with a good agent and we would have if it were possible.

Good luck

Kev

Hmmm, well I've always used XE - Universal Currency Converter to convert currency and on there $4000 = £2500, so perhaps it's just because the exchange rate is currently not in our favour?

True Blue sent me an e-mail advising that the ACT had released their skills lists and upon checking I saw similar occupations to mine, which is why I got in touch with them. I'm currently working as an IT Service Desk Manager and have been advised that I stand a good chance of obtaining a 176 visa in the ACT with my skills, qualifications & experience.

How about yourself?

,000.00 AUD=2,516.17 GBP

Archived