• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VickyMel
19/10/2009 and 26/08/2010.

Best regards.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Wow - I'm Oct 09! :swoon:

Wasn't expecting to hear anything for months

wow... so there were no/few dinosaurs in the VIC SMP backlog then if there processing apps that new.

No there are some...

Maybe the quality of the applications, Mat ... <grin!>

Best regards.

Maybe it is Alan!

Maybe I'll still not hear anything for months...

VickyMel

Guest Lankan1
The ACT SMP has been added to their website - but you need a username and password to open it. Does anyone have a password - I don't! How annoying!!!!!

http://www.business.act.gov.au/files/pdf/skilled_and_business_migration/skilled_migration/SMP_Occupation_List_Nov_2010.pdf

Located it in the following twitter post!

MoveToAustralia Australian Visa News

Newsflash: the ACT State Migration Plan list has been released. Contact us for further information about state... http://fb.me/Ky8L0OBD

Note :-

ICT people with 7 in each IELTS component have more chance in ACT than in VIC because I guess they covered more ICT occupations and no specilisations mentioned in front of 261399 ANZSCO code! :wubclub:

wow that is good news from Alan but once again it asks more questions! Like Vickymel our app was Oct and from memory it is Oct 1st !!! which is a good couple of weeks before your 19th October case - how do they choose which is next? or were they applications that have been in for a while and switched to SS ?

OMG... just recieved an email today from... a CASE OFFICER!!! recquiring the medical checks and police checks..... Can not believe things are really starting to move!!

Date of lodgement: 26th of December 2009. SS VIC and on SMP.

OMG... just recieved an email today from... a CASE OFFICER!!! recquiring the medical checks and police checks..... Can not believe things are really starting to move!!

wow..... congrats!

Congratulations!!:jiggy:

Please come and join the Category 2 thread and keep updated.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/98525-category-2s-where-you-now.html

Regards

Connie

:hug:

Guest alameen

Dear All,

My skill is present in the VIC SMP list and I got the SS. I am planning to lodge the application. I need your expert advise. My wife is pregnant and I have two options regarding the visa application.

1) Include both of our details in the visa application. Once a CO is allocated, delay the medicals till delivery date. In this option DIAC might unallocate the CO at a later time. This is slightly risky.

2) Include only my detailsin the application and once i get a PR, lodge another application for a spouse visa 100. It might cost around 2 grants...

Can some experts advise which one is a better option. or whether i have a different option.

Thanks

Alameen

Guest PasonJayne
Dear All,

My skill is present in the VIC SMP list and I got the SS. I am planning to lodge the application. I need your expert advise. My wife is pregnant and I have two options regarding the visa application.

1) Include both of our details in the visa application. Once a CO is allocated, delay the medicals till delivery date. In this option DIAC might unallocate the CO at a later time. This is slightly risky.

2) Include only my detailsin the application and once i get a PR, lodge another application for a spouse visa 100. It might cost around 2 grants...

Can some experts advise which one is a better option. or whether i have a different option.

Thanks

Alameen

Cant see why you dont lodge application for both of you, cant see a visa been granted for at least 12 months so by that time your wife would have given birth and then do meds after. Am i correct in thinking you didn't want to put wife on application because she wouldn't be able to have medical because she is pregnant and you risk losing case office? If you wait for your PR, this could be 12 months and then the time to add your spouse on would be even longer. If i was you i'd get both yours and your wifes application in togethert ASAP.

Guest VickyMel

If you are married or living with a defacto partner you need to include your wife's details. From what I understand it does not matter if she is coming now later or never.

Same with any kids by your current or previous marriage whether they are coming or not.

They are your dependents and have to be detailed in the application.

From what we have seen lying to DIAC would be taken very badly.

VickyMel

Congratulations!!:jiggy:

Please come and join the Category 2 thread and keep updated.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/98525-category-2s-where-you-now.html

Regards

Connie

Hello Connie

Are you asking for poeple to join your thread once they have heard from diac about a CO?

Or from those that have SS and are on the SMP?

As i fall in the ( have SS, am on the SMP and have lodged, October 16th,)

Do i qualify for your thread or do i wait for confirmation?

I only ask as if posting my time line helps contribute to your thread i would be glad to add it too.

My application is in very early stage and may be some time before it sprouts wings but all the same.

Either way well done for starting another helpful thread :wubclub:

Thanks

Kev

Guest VickyMel
Hello Connie

Are you asking for poeple to join your thread once they have heard from diac about a CO?

I only ask as if posting my time line helps contribute to your thread i would be glad to add it too.

My application is in very early stage and may be some time before it sprouts wings but all the same.

Thanks

Kev

Come on down Kev - Connie is after anyone who knows/thinks they are on the SMP list and Cat 2 now.

Then we can see who is getting COs and who isn't etc.

Connie watch this one he is a bit of a trouble maker - but I am looking forward to a foot massage on the beach with him (Oh and my OH and his OH of course)

VickyMel

Come on down Kev - Connie is after anyone who knows/thinks they are on the SMP list and Cat 2 now.

Then we can see who is getting COs and who isn't etc.

Connie watch this one he is a bit of a trouble maker - but I am looking forward to a foot massage on the beach with him (Oh and my OH and his OH of course)

VickyMel

Haha

Ahh Vicky you are a gem :notworthy::wubclub:

Any more of your kind words and im leaving the wife at home :wink:

Thanks

Kev

Guest seban123
Dear All,

Thanks

Alameen

There should be some way to apply for both of you together and get only your visa grant... and delay the medicals of your wife..

I am not sure about this.. Some experts may shed light on this..

Take care

Hello Connie

Thanks

Kev

Hello Kev

Come on down and join the thread. :biggrin:

Calling everyone else as well ......if you know that you are on the new SMP come add your details to the Category 2 Thread

Regards

Connie

Guest VickyMel
Hello Kev

Come on down and join the thread. :biggrin:

Calling everyone else as well ......if you know that you are on the new SMP come add your details to the Category 2 Thread

Regards

Connie

Can I just second Connie's request. The more people who are on the Cat 2 thread the easier it is for all of us to see how DIAC is processing applications, if there is any order of any sort and things that are needed.

Looking forward to all the folks from the other States coming over as well - horrific you still have to wait to hear. :hug:

VickyMel

Guest Gollywobbler
Dear All,

Thanks

Alameen

Hi Alameen

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Your wife does not have to be a joint applicant for your own visa. However, if she is not granted the same visa as you, first you would have to travel to Oz in order to validate your own visa and then you would have to apply for a Partner visa for your wife and baby - which would mean another major visa application, a second fee payment to DIAC, a load of additional bureaucracy and additional, further delay until the whole family has PR in Oz.

You cannot "fail to declare" your wife's existence and your relationship with her to your visa application. You must declare all that.

Whereupon a Case Officer would want to know why you have not included your co-habiting wife in your own visa application? The CO would probably suggest that you add your Wife to your visa application and if Baby has been born by then, the CO is likely to suggest adding Baby as well.

Is it worth the extra hassle and extra expense of making two separate visa applications?

Cheers

Gill

Archived