i think the UK is great

Guest sh7t man no way

Guest sh7t man no way

its been through a bad time of late--but if any of you guys are thinking of moving back here its not that bad really--if you put as much reaserch into moving back to the UK as you did in you move to australia it should work out--plus you know all about the country you left (UK) so that will make it a lot easier to adapt--so if your stuck in australia,and wundering why--the old country isnt as bad as its painted:wubclub:--its the reverse of you will never know unless you go--so if there are any guys reading this,and wundering is australa for me/us--i hope this helps:wubclub:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Ropey HOFF

I think anyone who emigrates to Australia without a job to go to is................. crackers, or........... mightily brave. Similarly i would say the same if you are coming back to the uk, try your hardest to get a job before coming back. Britain is a great country to live in if you have a decent job, we have good well paid jobs and have a great standard of life, also Europe is on your door step and the things to do and see is endless, but it is definately grim times here on the job front and i see it being like this for a few more years yet. Different parts of the country differ in job vacancies and it appears to be better in certain areas down south, although some others say its not so good down there. Don't let anything put you off from coming back to the uk it is still one of the best countries in the world to live in and as Al says, do your research, get a job and your life should hopefully work out ok.

Guest sh7t man no way

I think anyone who emigrates to Australia without a job to go to is................. crackers, or........... mightily brave. Similarly i would say the same if you are coming back to the uk, try your hardest to get a job before coming back. Britain is a great country to live in if you have a decent job, we have good well paid jobs and have a great standard of life, also Europe is on your door step and the things to do and see is endless, but it is definately grim times here on the job front and i see it being like this for a few more years yet. Different parts of the country differ in job vacancies and it appears to be better in certain areas down south, although some others say its not so good down there. Don't let anything put you off from coming back to the uk it is still one of the best countries in the world to live in and as Al says, do your research, get a job and your life should hopefully work out ok.
thanks for supporting this thread mate--it important to me--theres some guys going through a not so good time out there--i do feel for them:wubclub:

Guest chris955

You are quite right, the UK is great. I know it isn't as hot as this country but honestly the novelty of that wore off some time ago. Going back recently just reinforced how much it had to offer.

You are quite right, the UK is great. I know it isn't as hot as this country but honestly the novelty of that wore off some time ago. Going back recently just reinforced how much it had to offer.

I had you a chair all ready for this thread chris,see how its still warm:wubclub::biggrin::tongue:,only joshing!

Thanks for that, I guess it is obvious who will frequent threads on both sides of the fence :wink:

Well as you'l know im not on ANY side of the fence,i dont know if i'l like living in oz or not,havnt a clue,i THINK i will,but????who knows,i dont!(very cynical me btw)

Guest guest30038

Yes, the UK is great...........so much to offer, but I fear, as I said on another thread, that there is some heavy shlt going to go down in the next couple of years. As folk get squeezed, they will get frustrated and angry, and I foresee a lot of civil unrest (with less police to deal with it).

If you are heading for an area (living/employment) that won't be squeezed too much, then it may all just pass you by, except for what you read in the tabloids. I have 3 older sons, with kids and mortgages, working in the public sector so I sincerely hope that I am proven wrong, despite having a sense of deja vu.

kev

I really feel for those that feel the need to go back. It must be miserable being in a country that you dont want to be in.

For all those that do return the vast majority do seem to feel it was the right move for them, some do find out that maybe it wasnt as nice as they remembered and are probably destined to ping pong for the rest of their lives:wacko:

Im glad you are happy I really am and for those that have done the same as you its a very brave move, I can only imagine what it must feel like having to find work and housing again.

I just wish for all those that are fighting for their Visa's that there was a process by which you could "give up" your visa so that it could help the poor s*ds fighting for the chance to try it. Thats not the returnee's issue though thats the Australian Governments.

Good luck everybody whichever side of the world you want to call home:wubclub:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nowty 2

My daughter and family live near Brisbane and we've just spent 4 weeks with them.To say the UK is doing fine is a load of rubbish we are dam near bankcrupt our counrty does not belong to us anymore we are in the minority and as much as I miss my daughter and Grandchildren as far as I can see they are in a far better place!:yes:

That's Lancashire though, nowty. Some of those in other parts say differently. Me, I wouldn't know because I haven't been back since 2002 and it was pretty vile in the part of London I came from. Certainly worse than when I was a child and there was a bit of a community there.

Guest guest36187

I always think.........the uk is my past and australia is my future. The uk and the people in it made me what I am today. Australia is `fine tuning` me!

Guest mozziebite
I always think.........the uk is my past and australia is my future. The uk and the people in it made me what I am today. Australia is `fine tuning` me!

Thats how I used to feel Joanne til I experienced Aus first hand - I could't get over the fact the UK and the people in it made me what I am today, just like you say - but I couldn't shake off my roots and felt desperately unsettled so we came home!!

I'm really pleased for those it works out for, and I really thought I would have been in that category. Mind it aint easy coming back to the UK and facing everyone and telling them your prefer it here, which is the Gods honest truth, those that think we are mad I have urged them to try it for themselves if they are so taken with a country they have never visited!! Seriously though keep up the fine tuning and it sounds as though you are loving it, good on u!!!

I have lived in UK for 19years and Australia 22Years so feel I have a valid opinion ( also go home nearly every year - to UK ). I like Australia and have many friends here and family and will always have fabulous memories BUT my children are now 13 and 11 and I pray that one day I will be able to buy us all a one way ticket.... I have my England attacks (homesickness taken to another level) but I am a happy person that is thankful for what I have...... After 22 years the longing for home has not got any less not one bit and everytime I fly over that english coastline it feels thats I am home .... and everytime I fly back to Aus it is gut wrenching ....

I wish I felt different but I dont and it doesnt matter how many time people tell me I should "it is what it is"....got off track a bit but there you go !!! xx

I agree I think the UK is not a bad place. I have definatly had some good and bad times there. I have only been back here permanently since Jan but been backwards and forwards to Australia quite a few times. Everytime I land here - i always feel like I am back home - as bizzare as that may sound.

Guest nowty 2

Not just Lancashire....The whole country has gone to the dogs!I have been very patriotic all my life but the last 2 or 3 years has put payed to that.We have know say at all and maybe not in our life time but in a few years time this will be a ........... state!

Guest chris955

It's very interesting how different people view the same thing. I could see no signs of the UK having gone to the dogs and that opinion is obviously shared by many others. I saw a country that needed a shake up, which it is getting. I don't really know what it means when someone says 'we have no say at all' ? Where does the average man or women have a say ? We can vote a party in or out but once that is done we can't influence what happens day to day.

Theres no jobs in the UK at all, theres 2.5 million people looking for a job and that amount will be increased to 3 million very soon.

A Brit that migrated to Australia 15+ years ago would find many UK places more of a shambles than its ever been, the only thing thats probably changed is theres more street lamps these days lol and local councils are trying different ways to get rid of some of them now. Since they opened the channel tunnel all off the Eastern Europeans have been literally flooding into the country illegally, more so lately. Some Australians think they got bad Asian immigration problems, at least over there they dont get a free "nice" house, a free new or decent car, while claming benefits left right and center. We have to work 25+ years to get something like that.

The UK government keeps giving money away to other countries while it has a huge massive amount of national debt, while wasting an insane amount of money into the European Union. The VAT rate has gone upto 20%, increased the retirement age to 66 with talks of increasing it again and talks of scrapping the free health service.

Big brother is everywhere now, CCTV is everywhere, speed cameras are all over, they are closing some down while introducing higher tech cameras that know if you arnt wearing a seatbelt, driving at correct seperation distance, know if youre eating or on the phone. Im on for safety and security but its taking the piss a bit in terms of privacy and freedom - our grandparents went to WW2 to maintain just that, now we're just sinking into a communist state which isnt that different to what Nazi rule wanted.

Petrol prices in the UK are at £1.15 to £1.20 a litre now, double of what it is in Oz at 1.6 exchange rate. Almost all pubs have closed leaving only bars and clubs standing in major towns and cities.

Wanna go on a seaside holiday in the UK? like always are horrible. Brighton is probably the best family-like tourist beach and that doesnt even have sand.

If you cant find a job in Oz, the chances are you wont get one in the UK for at least a few years from now. Dont forget, the UK invests heavily into Europe, they'd rather spend money on bringing barely uneducated EU people into the country, give them a house etc, instead of getting Brits back into work. Australia does it right, they even make it hard for qualified Brits to migrate there these days, 20-30 years ago all you had to pay was £10 to get in lol

Archived