i think the UK is great

Guest sh7t man no way

You would be struggling. Didn't you once post under another name that you needed 20 squillion quid to get a foothold here?..........Sunshine something or other?.....even included a trampoline as neccessary expenditure? My apologies if my memory is incorrect.

kev

Do you mean Sunseekers?

...I did wonder....

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember a happy childhood in the UK, it is where my roots are and will always be along with my family.....to me, Australia will give me more of an outdoor life and hotter weather....hope to love both Countries as much as each other....

Main thing is, if anyone has the chance to better there life and Australia can give them this....then do it

The uk is a great country its definately better than....................... Iraq. lol

where did iraq come in the best countries in the world list? do you need a visa?

Guest The Ropey HOFF
where did iraq come in the best countries in the world list? do you need a visa?

Iraq came 26th just behind the uk.

Warm weather

cheap housing

cheap food

nice beaches, as long as you avoid the land mines

Thousand of Americans and Brits visit there

They hate us POMS

The Animals that want to kill us

Hell Aldo it sounds just like Australia.:laugh:

Iraq came 26th just behind the uk.

Hell Aldo it sounds just like Australia.:laugh:

bet their shops are cheaper and their snags taste better (probably contain more pork too):biglaugh:

Guest nowty 2

:yes:

Sorry you feel this way, but we consider UK our home good or bad!!!

Perhaps you should be moving here to oz you would be clearly a lot happier

That would be nice, but as I have more family this side off the pond it would be difficult to move to Oz.Do you live in Uk?If you don't how can you consider it home!

:yes:

That would be nice, but as I have more family this side off the pond it would be difficult to move to Oz.Do you live in Uk?If you don't how can you consider it home!

We have been in oz for 2 years, and I find you question odd!!! I consider the UK home as that is where I grew up and is where all my family and friends live doesn't that make a home!!!!! :confused:

I think the UK is great too. Woke up to glorious sunshine (!!).

A quick shower, coffee, and breakfast and all six of us headed to the local park where we played tennis on the newly built tennis courts for an hour or so (for free), whilst the little ones pushed dollies in prams and kicked balls around.

We then headed to a reet posh restaurant called As'da where we fed four kids and a mum for the princely sum of £10.26.

Hopefully the sun will shine tomorrow, as predicted, and we can repeat the trick.

But maybe not eat out - I don't want to spoil 'em...

Guest chris955

You're making that up Paul, you can't go outside in England and especially not in November.

I used to think the UK was great until I found out it only ranked 25th in the world. :frown:

Guest nowty 2
We have been in oz for 2 years, and I find you question odd!!! I consider the UK home as that is where I grew up and is where all my family and friends live doesn't that make a home!!!!! :confused:

Not odd at all as the old saying goes A HOME :unsure:IS WHERE YOU MAKE IT and as yours is now Oz does that not make it your home and if your thought Uk so great why are you over there?

Guest nowty 2
Theres no jobs in the UK at all, theres 2.5 million people looking for a job and that amount will be increased to 3 million very soon.

A Brit that migrated to Australia 15+ years ago would find many UK places more of a shambles than its ever been, the only thing thats probably changed is theres more street lamps these days lol and local councils are trying different ways to get rid of some of them now. Since they opened the channel tunnel all off the Eastern Europeans have been literally flooding into the country illegally, more so lately. Some Australians think they got bad Asian immigration problems, at least over there they dont get a free "nice" house, a free new or decent car, while claming benefits left right and center. We have to work 25+ years to get something like that.

The UK government keeps giving money away to other countries while it has a huge massive amount of national debt, while wasting an insane amount of money into the European Union. The VAT rate has gone upto 20%, increased the retirement age to 66 with talks of increasing it again and talks of scrapping the free health service.

Big brother is everywhere now, CCTV is everywhere, speed cameras are all over, they are closing some down while introducing higher tech cameras that know if you arnt wearing a seatbelt, driving at correct seperation distance, know if youre eating or on the phone. Im on for safety and security but its taking the piss a bit in terms of privacy and freedom - our grandparents went to WW2 to maintain just that, now we're just sinking into a communist state which isnt that different to what Nazi rule wanted.

Petrol prices in the UK are at £1.15 to £1.20 a litre now, double of what it is in Oz at 1.6 exchange rate. Almost all pubs have closed leaving only bars and clubs standing in major towns and cities.

Wanna go on a seaside holiday in the UK? like always are horrible. Brighton is probably the best family-like tourist beach and that doesnt even have sand.

If you cant find a job in Oz, the chances are you wont get one in the UK for at least a few years from now. Dont forget, the UK invests heavily into Europe, they'd rather spend money on bringing barely uneducated EU people into the country, give them a house etc, instead of getting Brits back into work. Australia does it right, they even make it hard for qualified Brits to migrate there these days, 20-30 years ago all you had to pay was £10 to get in lol

Told it as it is,so true!

Guest guest36187

I think the UK is great. I was born there and had a great start to life there. (well first 30 odd years!!)

I am an Australian Citizen now and I also call Australia home.

Not odd at all as the old saying goes A HOME :unsure:IS WHERE YOU MAKE IT and as yours is now Oz does that not make it your home and if your thought Uk so great why are you over there?

No sorry the saying is HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS, and I have never said the UK was great I have only say thats where we want to be for now. At least we have tried oz and not just talked about it.

Anyway good luck, I'm sure you will continue to be miserable in the UK.

Guest nowty 2
No sorry the saying is HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS, and I have never said the UK was great I have only say thats where we want to be for now. At least we have tried oz and not just talked about it.

Anyway good luck, I'm sure you will continue to be miserable in the UK.

Quite right home is where the heart is,so back to my quote why are you over there simple because the UK has nothing to offer .No I'm far from unhappy or miserable just disillusioned,because England is slowly being wittled away and I worry for my Grandchildren who have yet to grow and prosper.Lets agree to disagree and I hope you can soon call Oz your home.:biggrin:

Guest guest30038
because England is slowly being wittled away and I worry for my Grandchildren who have yet to grow and prosper:biggrin:

Preesall used to be a wonderful little village. I used to run the Blackpool to Knott End Ribble bus, years ago.........number 85 if I remember rightly?

I've been told just recently that it's gone to the dogs,.........if that's so, I sympathise with you for the way it once was.

If you ever saw a group of cadets slogging past your place every Saturday, that was me and the missus training 'em for the Chichester Marches. We used to walk from Balckpool to Knott End.........through Stalmine and Preesall, catch the ferry from Knott End to Fleetwood and flog back to Blackpool.

Sad to hear that there's little going for the kids there nowadays :cry:

kev

Guest chris955

Anyway, I think the UK is great because of it's beautiful countryside, wonderful people, lovely old architecture and much much more. It has a huge amount to offer people with the right attitude.

Quite right home is where the heart is,so back to my quote why are you over there simple because the UK has nothing to offer .No I'm far from unhappy or miserable just disillusioned,because England is slowly being wittled away and I worry for my Grandchildren who have yet to grow and prosper.Lets agree to disagree and I hope you can soon call Oz your home.:biggrin:

Far do's nowty, I do understand where your coming from. But I no longer have to try and make oz home anymore we fly back to blightly on the 18th Nov.

Hope you get to visit oz again soon, all the best to you and your family.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I'm sure things will pick up in the uk, i hope so i have alot of friends and family here who are struggling. It is a great country to live in, but we are too over crowded for a little island and theres no signs of our numbers not going up, we have no control of our borders and Europe tells us we have to let people in, even when theres few jobs going at present. I am happy for skilled migrants to come here, when.............. we need them, Australia curbed their influx of migrants when they knew the world recession was having an effect, it has had a knock on effect, lengthening PIO's migration time, but you have to respect a country that makes decision for their country and their people, instead of pampering to Europe.

Guest chris955

Good luck with your move, nowhere suits everyone. You must be very excited about going home, you may know that I was recently in the UK and had a fantastic time and can't wait to get back.

[[/b][/b]

Far do's nowty, I do understand where your coming from. But I no longer have to try and make oz home anymore we fly back to blightly on the 18th Nov.

Guest nowty 2

Safe journey and good luck :smile:

Guest bacardi167

Ok so lets get it straight..Australia isnt hme to any of us english people.otherwise we wouldnt be on this wbsite !!

we nmoved because in the year prior to our moving 53 children were fatally stabbed that year !! 1 a week. Now i am aware this is no more that normal..but as parent ( of 2 young boys) shouldnt i try to give them the best chance they can have?

If that means dropong a nationalistic racist flag in chance of a (half) brigt future...as a parent am i right....?

I grew up in London in the 70's- 90's so racism is a joke to me..BUT..why sould my kids have to do the same?

Aus is very racist but at leeast my kids may have a chance !!

IMO

Guest bacardi167
Safe journey and good luck :smile:

the grass is always greener..remember why you came here in the first place?

cu in 2 years

Guest nowty 2
Ok so lets get it straight..Australia isnt hme to any of us english people.otherwise we wouldnt be on this wbsite !!

we nmoved because in the year prior to our moving 53 children were fatally stabbed that year !! 1 a week. Now i am aware this is no more that normal..but as parent ( of 2 young boys) shouldnt i try to give them the best chance they can have?

If that means dropong a nationalistic racist flag in chance of a (half) brigt future...as a parent am i right....?

I grew up in London in the 70's- 90's so racism is a joke to me..BUT..why sould my kids have to do the same?

Aus is very racist but at leeast my kids may have a chance !!

IMO

What are you going on about?:confused:

Guest nowty 2
Preesall used to be a wonderful little village. I used to run the Blackpool to Knott End Ribble bus, years ago.........number 85 if I remember rightly?

I've been told just recently that it's gone to the dogs,.........if that's so, I sympathise with you for the way it once was.

If you ever saw a group of cadets slogging past your place every Saturday, that was me and the missus training 'em for the Chichester Marches. We used to walk from Balckpool to Knott End.........through Stalmine and Preesall, catch the ferry from Knott End to Fleetwood and flog back to Blackpool.

Sad to hear that there's little going for the kids there nowadays :cry:

kev

Preesall is still pretty and our crime rate is very low but as you can gather by all the posts the goverment has let us and the country down!:yes:

Archived