First update.

Guest chris955

Chris happily craps over the threads in the other areas of PiO. As MBTUK isn't by invite only, I'm happy to offer a litle reality check here. :o)

Yes exactly, on the reality for some folks having lived in the UK and Oz, who are I would think the better judges, anyway sorry chris do not want to spoil your thread as you have taken the time out to update us people that are living in oz, and we love to hear about your time in the uk.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People just dont realise the only difference is between the two is the weather, your life could be the same in either country, just returned from the pub and I am trashed. hick up

I think it's time you went to bed!!!!! :wacko: If Australia was the same as the UK why are so many leaving????

I think it's time you went to bed!!!!! :wacko: If Australia was the same as the UK why are so many leaving????

Hey I agree with you it is time I went to bed because between counting to 123 and thinking of peaches, I feel the zzzzzzzzzz coming on.

Hey I agree with you it is time I went to bed because between counting to 123 and thinking of peaches, I feel the zzzzzzzzzz coming on.

Sounds like you have the munchies...... never fear have something to eat before you hit the hay, you may :SLEEP: better.

Just make sure you chew your food well, that way when it comes back up, it's not so rough on you!

Let us know if you find any carrots in your vomit :wink:

Guest chris955

I don't think that was in doubt, some people are just wondering why some members troll this section, I could be wrong though.

I don't think that was in doubt, some people are just wondering why some members troll this section, I could be wrong though.

Probably for the same reasons that some people wonder why some members troll other sections of the forum ... no difference in any parts of the forum that I can see to be honest

Guest chris955

I would assume it is because this section of the forum is for people moving back to the UK, the majority of the rest of the forum is for people moving to Australia so those people living in Australia by and large can have a valid opinion on matters regarding moving to Australia ?

as I say all parts of the forum are open for all members, people may be remaining in Aus but have thought of returning to the UK ... there input is no less valid IMHO. It would be a shame to limit people to one section of the forum i.e. MBTTUK and not let them contribute to other sections etc.,

I absolutely agree, there is no way people should be limited, they should use commonsense.

I agree - everyone should use some common sense. I think it's something we all should take ownership and responsibility for

Guest chris955

Well I'm 'home' now after 3 very short weeks. I will post up a detailed post giving my honest findings in a bit. In summary I had a ball and found no real reasons to change our plans, the UK seems to be doing OK especially given what it has been through, the IMF have confidence in the present recovery and things seem to be ticking along well. I am still amazed at how cheap most things are EVEN allowing for the exchange rate.

Glad you are home Chris are you not glad to be?

You spent just 3 weeks there we spent nie on three months there May June and July living independently like we would do if we lived in UK and our views are quite different to yours.

Difference is what makes the world go round but still cannot get my head around that its cheaper it was not for us, we found ourselves spending the same amount every day we do here.

Guest guest36762
Sorry, I've been back 8 months and can't wait to get back to Oz.... sorry only my opinion,,,,

there's another Ping ponger!

Guest guest36762
I would like to start a new post but don't know how.... and after 15 years in oz and yearning for UK well I now know where I want to be... what an expensive exercise ping pong is...

choose which forum, click start thread, off you go!

I would like to start a new post but don't know how.... and after 15 years in oz and yearning for UK well I now know where I want to be... what an expensive exercise ping pong is...

Click on one of the forums,news gossip and chat,dilemmas etc,at the top of the forum page is NEW THREAD,click on,title it,click preview post IF you want to check it,sorted.

Hi Fantasia,

I remember your posts.

So sorry to hear Uk is not going so well, what are you planning to do?

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

I've found a flat share in Caringbah been emailing lady and sounds like it will work just fine. My dogs are going into kennels for around 8 weeks prior to flying them over so I can save up enough to send for them and pay the month quarantine - will have to work 2 or 3 jobs but that's OK - at least there are jobs over there - not like here - £6.50 per hour - you've got to be kidding!!! Have had to re-home one dog and looking for home for my cat - its heartbreaking but I have no choice. All in all it has been a very expensive exercise but I am being positive about it as at least I've tried otherwise I might sit and wonder what if for the rest of my days. Oh well - onwards and upwards!!! Anyway I do miss Sydney's vibrancy and the Aussie culture!! Although don't miss where I was living (Campbelltown area - yuck - no thanks!!!)

I'm really looking forward to getting on that plane at end of October. Anglo Pacific coming on Friday - I've culled a hell of a lot of stuff - don't know what I was thinking bringing so much over here - I think I'm a bit of a hoarder and get emotionally attached to things like fridges!!!!!

Anyway, thanks for asking - how's life for you in Brissy!!!??

Fantasia XX

Archived