First update.

Guest chris955

Guest guest30038
Some meat was more but that was dependant on where you bought it.

Only some meat? You mean that there was cheaper meat in the Uk than here? I spent 31 days there and didn't find one instance of cheaper meat. Where was your lucky find?

warbys_specials.jpg

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest36187
I used a realistic 2:1 exchange

A realistic exchnage rate is `what it is today` which is about $1.61 to the pound. Much more realistic that 2:1.

2:1 is your opinion whereas 1.61:1 is fact

Guest chris955

For the sake of any comparison it has to refer to relative spending power of your earnings that is why a 2:1 exchange rate is more accurate.

Rather than confusing the issue, I would compare prices based on current exchange rate, and see how that compares.

As a subsequent point, you could then make a statement about wages.

I'm flying to Europe tomorrow for a holiday, using money earned in Aus so UK wages are irrelevant to me.

I;m just interested in prices based on the current exchange rate.

Guest chris955

Can I just add that I didn't see any 'sink hole' estates, wasn't offered any drugs and wasn't a victim of crime. I must admit I felt a little cheated :laugh:

Guest chris955

While I think about it, one thing I found expensive in the UK were iPads. My wife bought me one when I was away and it was much cheaper, it was a super special but ordinarily they are still cheaper. I don't really know why.

Archived