I'm about to lose my mum.

Guest proud2beaussie

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm new on here Nigel so you don't kmow me but I've read some of your posts and wanted to send my deepest condolences at such a sad time. My mum was also my best friend and her dying was the hardest thing I've ever had to cope with. Your mum will be honoured to be your best friend and I hope your memories and the love she has for you will help you through the difficult time ahead Gill x

Guest valleylass
I'm about to lose my best friend in the world

Dear Nigel

So sad that you have but what a beautiful description of her, it must be an honour to have been her son.

valleylass

I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss Nigel, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I nearly lost my Mum to cancer 3 yrs ago but I am lucky, so far she is still here as it was removed successfully.

Thinking of you tonight:hug:

Guest proud2beaussie

I just want to say thank you to every single member of PIO for your kind words at this time.

I joined PIO because I wanted to try and share a bit of knowledge about what living in Australia is like with people who wish to come here,I've always tried to help people as much as I can by giving them the

truth and telling them that I love my country but that I accept that it's not a utopia.I've always tried to be a fair moderator as well,tried to negotiate wherever possible and left the punishment option as a last resort,along my PIO journey I have come into contact with many people,all of them interesting and all of them have a story to tell,I have got on with some of them better than others,but that's life,I have also made some very good friends and it's times like these that really makes me glad that I took the decision back on December 26,2008 to join the PIO family,that's what it is-a family-and each and every member of the PIO family has my heart felt thanks for their support.

I'm truly humbled by the number of good wishes I have received,thank you to each and every one of you,you have touched my heart.

Luv

Nigel

Guest shark

it not easy losing someone so close to you especially family ,my thoughts are with you .stay strong Nigel

Loss of Mother Poem

Now that I am gone,

remember me with smiles and laughter.

And if you need to cry,

cry with your brother or sister who walks in grief beside you.

And when you need me,

put your arms around anyone

and give to them what you need to give to me.

There are so many who need so much.

I want to leave you something

something much better than words or sounds.

Look for me in the people

I've known or helped in some special way.

Let me live in your heart as well as in your mind.

You can love me most by letting your love reach out to our loved ones,

by embracing them and living in their love.

Love does not die, people do.

So, when all that's left of me is love,

give me away as best you can.

Guest The Mandreks

So sorry to hear the bad news, mine and my familys thoughts are with you, stay strong and remember all the good times

Shane, Kerry and jessica

Guest roma 1

So sorry to hear your sad news Nigel,

I lost my mum 10 years ago and my Dad 25 years ago but they are forever in my heart as your mum will be in yours...

Gail xx

Guest ouseun

HI nigel

you been strong and wise for many over the years and i sure your like that all the time and your mom would have been proud of you

take care you have loads who feel for you

nigel -ouseun

My mother has been in hospital since Thursday after suffering a heart attack,she was going to be transferred to Melbourne for surgery tonight however she has detiorated and the hospital just rang to say that she is not going to make it.

I'm about to lose my best friend in the world.:cry::cry::cry:

A very sad time for you mate, my wife and I have lost both set of parents and like everyone who has posted support, we feel for you. Unfortunately it's what everyone has to struggle through and I hope you gain strength from the messages of support on here. I have always wore my heart on my sleeve as some of my long winded posts show and the only way I cope with loss or change is usually to find good and fond memories to hold onto. You said that your Mam is your best friend, that along must raise thoughts of wonderful times that you had together, hold onto those precious times mate you have been blessed and privileged.

So very Sorry for your loss, Nigel - may the passage of time soothe your aching heart and give you the peace to relish the happy memories you shared with your Mum - wishing you strength for the next few weeks x

Guest guest30038

Nigel, you're a good and fair-minded bloke and that speaks volumes for your mother's influence. My thoughts are with you mate, and may you have the strength to face your great loss.

May the fond memories stay with you.

kev

Guest Hearne_Family

Nigel, so sorry to hear of your loss, thinking of you loads at this horrible time.

Big hugs from the Hearne Family:hug:

My mother has been in hospital since Thursday after suffering a heart attack,she was going to be transferred to Melbourne for surgery tonight however she has detiorated and the hospital just rang to say that she is not going to make it.

I'm about to lose my best friend in the world.:cry::cry::cry:

Really sorry to hear that Hun. Very very sad for you and it will take time before you can remember the happy times without the pain of losing her. I hope the end was peaceful and comfortable for her

Love

Rudi

x

Guest The Ritchies

So sorry to hear of the loss of your Mum, Nigel. Hope all the love that PIO is sending you will in some way be a comfort.

Wendy xx

Archived