New Category 4's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Hi Kazzarazza

I think we need to stay positive...i'm sure the 10000 will be new Cat 5 applicants..

I have been waiting since Dec 08 so know how you feel honestly...I am so over it now, I think I have been cat 6, Cat 6a, Cat 4 and now Cat 5 and yes it is a joke...the whole system is a joke but unfortuantely we are stuck in the middle of it....at least people now know what they are letting themselves in for, we did not, as priority processing didn't really exist in 2008.

But I am going to stay positive, they are racing through the applications (old cat 2/3's!!) so they have got to get to us and being 2008 applicants we must be near the front of the queue...most folks seem to have found a way out from the bottom category (SS, employers, spouse etc)...

We must be close... take a deep breath in, and exhale slowly...they will not beat us!!:smile:

I appreciate that you are still positive. I had also started with this roller coaster.From no priority to Priority 6(a),priority 4 and now priority 5.

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest leoj76

for RSMS and ENS. The rest shouldnt remain unchanged except group name.

Perhaps this thread should rename to New Category 5 - where are you now? :daydreaming:

thanks .. U make it clearer!!!... there nothing change exept the category name... the new cat 1,2,3 was cat 1 and 2 before and the cat 3 is now 4........

but i was a bit confuse by the ancien cat 3 .. thought it was for application with job was not listed on the new sol list.....

i read some where..... that the new cat4 is only for people with a job listed on the new sol list... sorry if I got it wrong.. but I think the ancien cat 3 was for applicant who was not listed on the new sol .....

Occupations on the SOL—Schedule 1 in effect at 1 July 2011—priority group 4

All applicants with a nominated occupation on the SOL—Schedule 1 are included in priority group 4. This includes both independent applicants and applicants sponsored by an Australian family member.

thanks .. U make it clearer!!!... there nothing change exept the category name... the new cat 1,2,3 was cat 1 and 2 before and the cat 3 is now 4........

but i was a bit confuse by the ancien cat 3 .. thought it was for application with job was not listed on the new sol list.....

i read some where..... that the new cat4 is only for people with a job listed on the new sol list... sorry if I got it wrong.. but I think the ancien cat 3 was for applicant who was not listed on the new sol .....

Occupations on the SOL—Schedule 1 in effect at 1 July 2011—priority group 4

All applicants with a nominated occupation on the SOL—Schedule 1 are included in priority group 4. This includes both independent applicants and applicants sponsored by an Australian family member.

Look at the new update email everything will be cleared.

Look at the new update email everything will be cleared.

Hi virtual_bajwa

DIAC have mentioned 475(State Migration Plans)in the cat 03

Cat 3 State Migration Plans

(subclass 176, 475, 487, 886) 12 – 24 months

but They haven't mention 475 in cat 04

Cat 4 Nominated Occupation on the SOL – Schedule 1

(subclass 175, 495, 496, 861, 862, 863, 880, 881, 882, 883, 885, 886) 18 months

However According to new DAIC updated email on 1st of July 2011 475 is in the both Category 3 and 4.

Category 03

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

VF 475 (e-lodged): 20 June 2011

VF 475 (paper): 20 June 2011

*I think that this should be 475(State Migration Plans)

Category 04

VF 475 (e-lodged): 10 July 2010

VF 475 (paper): 10 July 2010

*This should be 475(Sponsor by blood relative)

Am i correct? please help me to get sort out this problem

thanks

Samk6:sad:

Hi virtual_bajwa

However According to new DAIC updated email on 1st of July 2011 475 is in the both Category 3 and 4.

Category 03

Category 04

thanks

They have not mentioned 176 in Category4 , but in new update email, they have mentioned 176 in category 4.

Category 04

Well try to find whether ur occupation is there on new SOL

Hi virtual_bajwa

Category 03

Category 04

thanks

samk6, it seem you're eagerly hoping we were wrong and that your application should fall in Cat3 in this new changes. cheer mate, it just some missed info or typo in their website. As what been mentioned, you're in Cat 4 now. :cute:

They have not mentioned 176 in Category4 , but in new update email, they have mentioned 176 in category 4.

Well try to find whether ur occupation is there on new SOL

thanx a lot for your virtual_bajwa. my occupation is on the new SOL:idea:

samk6, it seem you're eagerly hoping we were wrong and that your application should fall in Cat3 in this new changes. cheer mate, it just some missed info or typo in their website. As what been mentioned, you're in Cat 4 now. :cute:

thanx a lot for your reply vincenz. Actually i know that i am not in the Category 03 according to new priority changes. But i am really fearing that whether i will fall cat 5 from cat 3............:cry:

thanx

samk6

Hi Guys,

NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!!!

I have just read the announcement very, very carefully and all they have actually done is to highlight the REGIONAL SPONSORED EMPLOYER SPONSORED section by giving it a category number of its own. It used to be part of Category 1! Australia is highlighting the need for Regional Settlement - Recently I read a news item that the Australian Government have awarded a couple of thousand dollars to anyone willing to move out of Sydney into Rural Surrounding Areas. I think Australia is increasingly facing resources problems, ie. travel, housing etc in inner cities. So this is all that has happened.

When DIAC announced they are going to process some 10,000 applicants from Cat 4, this is what they meant at the time of the announcement. These will now be coming out of Cat 5! The new Cat 4 is the old Cat 3 and lets face it they are already up to July 2010 with the backlog. DIAC have increased the overall intake of applicants for the new financial year. Where will they take the 10,000 applications from? Surely not from CAT 1 or 2 or 3, as these are top priority and DIAC would not make a special announcement for these categories. Cat 4 is the normal way in for applicants - ie. independent. If you are say a Doctor of a certain speciality you are welcome to come to Australia and live where you want. So you would not necessarily want to be, nor can't be state sponsored. They will still need a category (new cat 4) for those applicants where their occupation is on the new SOL, but who will to apply independently. All the 'lucky' bunch who are in the pipeline - ie. the previous Cat 4 (the common lot :o) will be processed in date order and some 10,000 applications will be allocated to them. So hopefully 2007 & 2008 will get a look in. Maybe some 2009 ones too! As somebody here has already mentioned, most applicants who could, moved into cat 3 or higher already. They will then clear the backlog in the comming financial year 2012/13. Basically saying, be prepared for a 2-3 year wait if you are not on the SOL. So therefore, I honestly believe nothing has really changed. Please don't panic! I sitll believe the first Cat 4,...errr... sorry the new Cat 5's will be looked at from August/ Sept onwards. Here's to Progress!

Hi Guys,

I have just read the announcement very, very carefully and all they have actually done is to highlight the REGIONAL SPONSORED EMPLOYER SPONSORED section by giving it a category number of its own. It used to be part of Category 1! Australia is highlighting the need for Regional Settlement - Recently I read a news item that the Australian Government have awarded a couple of thousand dollars to anyone willing to move out of Sydney into Rural Surrounding Areas. I think Australia is increasingly facing resources problems, ie. travel, housing etc in inner cities. So this is all that has happened.

When DIAC announced they are going to process some 10,000 applicants from Cat 4, this is what they meant at the time of the announcement. These will now be coming out of Cat 5! The new Cat 4 is the old Cat 3 and lets face it they are already up to July 2010 with the backlog. DIAC have increased the overall intake of applicants for the new financial year. Where will they take the 10,000 applications from? Surely not from CAT 1 or 2 or 3, as these are top priority and DIAC would not make a special announcement for these categories. Cat 4 is the normal way in for applicants - ie. independent. If you are say a Doctor of a certain speciality you are welcome to come to Australia and live where you want. So you would not necessarily want to be, nor can't be state sponsored. They will still need a category (new cat 4) for those applicants where their occupation is on the new SOL, but who will to apply independently. All the 'lucky' bunch who are in the pipeline - ie. the previous Cat 4 (the common lot :o) will be processed in date order and some 10,000 applications will be allocated to them. So hopefully 2007 & 2008 will get a look in. Maybe some 2009 ones too! As somebody here has already mentioned, most applicants who could, moved into cat 3 or higher already. They will then clear the backlog in the comming financial year 2012/13. Basically saying, be prepared for a 2-3 year wait if you are not on the SOL. So therefore, I honestly believe nothing has really changed. Please don't panic! I sitll believe the first Cat 4,...errr... sorry the new Cat 5's will be looked at from August/ Sept onwards. Here's to Progress!

I agree ur analysis of the situation is spot on mate...

Hi Guys,

I am sorry, but I can not agree with you anymore until I see some movement on Priority 5.

Hi Guys,

I do agree with your assessment about the categories and priority processing. What i dont agree with is that cat 5 or former cat 4 will be looked at in August September. The will process all categories till cat 4 before they start looking at cat 5 which should mean a wait of quite a few months before the cat 5 are looked at.

WAKE UP GUYS!!!

NO ONE EVER PROMISED ANY 10.000 APPLICATIONS TO ANY CATEGORY 4!!!!!

There is no single evidence of this apart from some migration agent posted it here that he heard it or he thinks or whatever. No single bit of any verifiable evidence.

GOOD news is that nothing really changed.

Guest Hairdresser09

Hi All !!!

Firstly,thanks to the members of this site, who are doing a splendid job with providing updates on the issues of migration.

I am fairly new to this site and I am unsure, if this is right place I am suppose to voice my query.

- Received the Victorian State Sponsorship in Dec '08.

-Filed my case for residency (886) in Feb 09 Onshore.

-Granted a Temporary Residency on July 2010

-Working as a Full Time Qualified Hair Stylist Since Aug 2008.(after the completion of my almost 2 years of Hairdressing studies )

Can anyone please clarify, what Priority I fall under and if If there are any options to fasten the process if possible?

Thank you for your help and time to assist.

Guest dillyboy

Applied for 885 in Aug 2008.

Was in Cat4 till 30/6/11 & Now in Cat 5

I have done my new ACS re-assesment & was successful.

Now which catogery do i fall in to ?

So dam confusing.....

Applied for 885 in Aug 2008.

Was in Cat4 till 30/6/11 & Now in Cat 5

I have done my new ACS re-assesment & was successful.

Now which catogery do i fall in to ?

So dam confusing.....

Hi,

Please refer to this post

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/113226-no-update-aspc-processing-immi-gov-au-14.html#post1120200

if you're still confused, you can file PLE to DIAC to confirm which cat you fall into

Hi All !!!

Firstly,thanks to the members of this site, who are doing a splendid job with providing updates on the issues of migration.

I am fairly new to this site and I am unsure, if this is right place I am suppose to voice my query.

- Received the Victorian State Sponsorship in Dec '08.

-Filed my case for residency (886) in Feb 09 Onshore.

-Granted a Temporary Residency on July 2010

-Working as a Full Time Qualified Hair Stylist Since Aug 2008.(after the completion of my almost 2 years of Hairdressing studies )

Can anyone please clarify, what Priority I fall under and if If there are any options to fasten the process if possible?

Thank you for your help and time to assist.

Hi,

You can file PLE to DIAC to make sure what cat you fall into. It's best to that way.

Goodluck!

Guest dillyboy
Hi,

You can file PLE to DIAC to make sure what cat you fall into. It's best to that way.

Goodluck!

PLE ??

hi Dear All

Have not DIAC Started process New Priority Pressing Category 4 applications?

Do New Priority changes effect to current Application Processing time?.

My agent told me that According to new priority changes, i am on category 04 and DIAC have not Started to process these application as yet? Is that true?

Thanks

Samk6

Archived