New Category 4's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Hello new Cat 5

Options available to applicants in priority group 5

Applicants with nominated occupations in priority group 5 should note that these changes are designed to facilitate priority processing of group 1. Group 5 will however still have a long wait for visa processing. The options available are as follows.

For applicants who were outside Australia when they made their application:

• continue to await a decision on their visa application
  • consider eligibility for an employer sponsored visa, which would require a new visa application
  • consider eligibility for nomination by a state or territory government under a state migration plan, which would require a new visa application
  • withdraw their application.

For applicants who were in Australia when they made their application:

• continue to live and work in Australia (if their visa permits) while awaiting a decision on their visa application
  • consider eligibility for an employer sponsored visa, which would require a new visa application
  • consider eligibility for nomination by a state and territory government under a state migration plan, which would require a new visa application
  • apply for another substantive visa
  • withdraw their application and depart Australia.

Note: Applicants are not entitled to a refund of their Visa Application Charge or compensation for other costs incurred in making an application.

Applicants who are in Australia and need to travel overseas while waiting for their application to be processed should approach their local office of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to discuss an application for a Bridging visa B. Bridging visa B is generally not issued for greater than three months. Applicants should not contact the visa processing centre where they lodged their application to request a Bridging visa B.

Bridging visa C holders who want to apply for work rights should contact the visa processing centre where they lodged their application.

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is just a way of saying that DIAC doesnt need me at all!!! they just hurt my feelings again! i was fooled, torn by a promise and now being tortured of this another heartache they gave to me. i need to let go of them, im tired of their sh*t games. why cant they just refund my money?????? i give up! i hate staying and hopeful when i know they dont want me to stay anymore.

Gosh, our group number seem keep going up from year to year. Probably we will be at group 6 by next year this date.

They just want us get frustrated and withdrawn our applications. Yet no refund will be needed. It means they can get rid of us while the fees received still intact to them. Bravo!!

Guest jilkfree1978

Group 4 10,000 visa will be proccessed in the new financial year,

Group 5 a big fat ZERO.

They knew it all along what a cool trick.

We love diac

Guest majorie c
Gosh, our group number seem keep going up from year to year. Probably we will be at group 6 by next year this date.

They just want us get frustrated and withdrawn our applications. Yet no refund will be needed. It means they can get rid of us while the fees received still intact to them. Bravo!!

Agreed!!:biglaugh:

The way I read the information on the new SOL is that Cat 5 only applies to those who apply on or after 1st July 2011. Existing Cat 4 will be processed as normal.

Can someone please confirm.

Visa applications that will be affected by the updated SOL

The updated SOL will apply to all new independent or unsponsored skilled migration applications lodged on or after 1 July 2011 unless they are from applicants eligible for transitional arrangements.∗ Applications with a nominated occupation that is no longer on the SOL in effect from 1 July 2011 will continue to be processed. Priority processing arrangements may however change for certain applicants according to the Ministerial Direction on priority processing.

Guest leoj76

Group 5 a big fat ZERO.

well.. that a very way to start our week end..... im very disapointed also they really treat us us like unwanted people!!!!

but someone if I really understand it well.. it say that the new cat 4 is people who have a job listed on the new sol list!!!! is that true?

if it true its mean also that application for that category is processing up to june 2011

and as we all know state migration plan job list is very close to the sol list i mean all job in the sol list are in the state list......

and if I do understand it well all old category 3 with a ss is considered as us now... in category 5...

I know im a little vague on it.. but it can also means that they might start some priority 5 as all new category 1,2,3,4 are processing up to june 2011 (hope im not in error)

unless all the state release a new job list.......

Group 5 a big fat ZERO.

well.. that a very way to start our week end..... im very disapointed also they really treat us us like unwanted people!!!!

but someone if I really understand it well.. it say that the new cat 4 is people who have a job listed on the new sol list!!!! is that true?

if it true its mean also that application for that category is processing up to june 2011

and as we all know state migration plan job list is very close to the sol list i mean all job in the sol list are in the state list......

and if I do understand it well all old category 3 with a ss is considered as us now... in category 5...

I know im a little vague on it.. but it can also means that they might start some priority 5 as all new category 1,2,3,4 are processing up to june 2011 (hope im not in error)

unless all the state release a new job list.......

Not quite understand what's you're asking. Nothing big changes to us except the categorizing. Processing wise still about the same.

I think you shouldn't refer the old updated 20 June email anymore as the categories werent valid by now. Perhaps wait for new updated auto-generate email for better look on their current progress. State sponsor applicants should be still in processing queue as previous. The new changes looks to me just CO allocation priority different for RSMS and ENS. The rest should remain unchanged except group name.

Perhaps this thread should rename to New Category 5 - where are you now? :daydreaming:

Not quite understand what's you're asking. Nothing big changes to us except the categorizing. Processing wise still about the same.

I think you shouldn't refer the old updated 20 June email anymore as the categories werent valid by now. Perhaps wait for new updated auto-generate email for better look on their current progress. State sponsor applicants should be still in processing queue as previous. The new changes looks to me just CO allocation priority different for RSMS and ENS. The rest shouldnt remain unchanged except group name.

Perhaps this thread should rename to New Category 5 - where are you now? :daydreaming:

hi vincenz,

Will these priority changes effect to the visa processing time?

thanx.

samk6

If you looking at the new processing times stated, it makes no different actually. So not to worry too much, just sit tight and wait for your CO regardless what cat name was changed. The processing continue in progress where they left off.

Guys they only divided Group 1 into 2, everything else's the same

so what!?

only all the promises for Cat 4 now disappeared

SO WHAT:arghh:

This is disgraceful if the existing Cat 4 is now a new Cat 5. They promised, as recent as 2 weeks ago that 10000 places would be available for Cat 4 processing. When you have been waiting since Oct 2008 (for a visa that should only have taken 7 months at time of application) and there is hope of processing in the new financial year - to hear there may be no hope at all is a bloody big deal. THAT'S WHAT!!

If we carefully see this...

Nominated Occupation on the SOL – Schedule 1

(subclass 175, 495, 496, 861, 862, 863, 880, 881, 882, 883, 885, 886) 18 months

There are only 3 applications for priority 3 offshore applicants....

Out of this they are finished with 495 and 496.. And they are only left with 175.....

Now it will be interesting to see how many of 175 applicants are left in current priority 4...

Well nothing has changed much except the promises made for priority 4 processing.

Guys they only divided Group 1 into 2, everything else's the same

so what!?

only all the promises for Cat 4 now disappeared

Just hope the earlier promises are meant for current Cat 5 , which mean they will still going to allocate 10k places to Cat 5 applicants.

He cant said the 10k will be going to Cat 5 a month back as during then the Cat 5 wasn't even exist. Pray for the good!! **finger cross**

Guest majorie c
If we carefully see this...

Nominated Occupation on the SOL – Schedule 1

(subclass 175, 495, 496, 861, 862, 863, 880, 881, 882, 883, 885, 886) 18 months

There are only 3 applications for priority 3 offshore applicants....

Out of this they are finished with 495 and 496.. And they are only left with 175.....

Now it will be interesting to see how many of 175 applicants are left in current priority 4...

Well nothing has changed much except the promises made for priority 4 processing.

VJ,

Today another client (CAT 4/5 , WASS 176) of my agent got CO....

Guest pippa1

Hi Kazzarazza

I think we need to stay positive...i'm sure the 10000 will be new Cat 5 applicants..

I have been waiting since Dec 08 so know how you feel honestly...I am so over it now, I think I have been cat 6, Cat 6a, Cat 4 and now Cat 5 and yes it is a joke...the whole system is a joke but unfortuantely we are stuck in the middle of it....at least people now know what they are letting themselves in for, we did not, as priority processing didn't really exist in 2008.

But I am going to stay positive, they are racing through the applications (old cat 2/3's!!) so they have got to get to us and being 2008 applicants we must be near the front of the queue...most folks seem to have found a way out from the bottom category (SS, employers, spouse etc)...

We must be close... take a deep breath in, and exhale slowly...they will not beat us!!:smile:

Archived