New Category 4's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Have you contacted DIAC regarding this yet?

Well, no. Not personally, although I know of a few other people in the same situation as I.

Someone lodged a PLE not too long ago and was told to wait until October - simply ridiculous.

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, no. Not personally, although I know of a few other people in the same situation as I.

Someone lodged a PLE not too long ago and was told to wait until October - simply ridiculous.

call them and ask

WHAT? October? that's madness. Well i doubt there will be any movement for CAT4 this august.

Guest jackd

Hello, Guys & girls

Any updates on processing ?

I think they won't update it before 30th June I thnik they will update directly on friday or Monday the 3rd July.

waiting patiently for good updates.

:notworthy:

Regard's

jackd

WHAT? October? that's madness. Well i doubt there will be any movement for CAT4 this august.

I would not rely on any information at the moment.

I think Cat 4 will realistically start to be processed around Christmas. Hope I am wrong.

I think Cat 4 will realistically start to be processed around Christmas. Hope I am wrong.

*sigh*

If only DIAC consider old IELTS band score for existing pending applicants to apply for another sponsorship in another state, I would surely opt to do it so i'll move to cat 2.

I mean, why not DIAC? it helps you to clear your backlog. Exempt the existing visa applicants to reapply sponsorship in another state using the IELTS scoreby the time we lodged the visa.

*sigh*

If only DIAC consider old IELTS band score for existing pending applicants to apply for another state sponsorship, I would surely opt to do it so i'll move to cat 2.

I mean, why not DIAC? it helps you to clear your backlog. Exempt the existing visa applicants to reapply sponsorship in another state using the IELTS score by the time we lodged the visa.

Hi everyone,

I think that DIAC might not give an update on processing until some time in July because the Australian financial year is coming to an end (30th June). They are assessing how many places they have for the current financial year and if they have reached their quota for grants. I hope I am wrong because everyone in this group have been waiting for a long time. Hopefully the next update will highlight the group 4 applicants and the progress of their applications.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I think that DIAC might not give an update on processing until some time in July because the Australian financial year is coming to an end (30th June). They are assessing how many places they have for the current financial year and if they have reached their quota for grants. I hope I am wrong because everyone in this group have been waiting for a long time. Hopefully the next update will highlight the group 4 applicants and the progress of their applications.

Thanks

I dont think they will process any cat 4 before another six months as they still have loads of cat 3 and new cat 2s in the pipeline.

My Cat 4 friends i am July 2008 applicant with some hope left. I updated couple of things with DIAC like my address, new passport and added my eight months old baby. Its been 6 weeks i don't see updates online, is this normal or should i contact DIAC. I am hoping soon to hear 2007 guys got CO. Lets keep our hopes alive.

Thanks

That's wishful thinking mate! I submitted my change in circumstances documents approx 2yrs ago, along with my passport number change, but the online application website does not reflect anything yet.

I dont think they will process any cat 4 before another six months as they still have loads of cat 3 and new cat 2s in the pipeline.

Hmmmm that may be true but they will have to start soon. I think the new points system does not benefit International students with zero work experience and some may find it difficult to score 8 in IELTS. Plus state sponsorship is very hard to get especially for onshore applicants due to less occupations on the list. Unless there is a massive increase in offshore applicants, the Cat 4 will be looked at...when I dunno.

Unemployment has dropped to 4% so will see if that has any impact on processing times.

More wait wait wait

GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION

PROCESSING INFORMATION

This is an automated e-mail response which provides updated information on processing of applications for General Skilled Migration (GSM). This information is updated fortnightly.

Last updated 20 June 2011

Priority Group 2

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

VE 176 (e-lodged): 10 June 2011

VE 176 (paper): 10 June 2011

Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) subclass 886:

VB 886 (e-lodged) 10 June 2011

VB 886 (paper): 10 June 2011

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

VF 475 (e-lodged): 10 June 2011

VF 475 (paper): 10 June 2011

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 487

VC 487 (e-lodged) 10 June 2011

VC 487 (paper): 10 June 2011

Priority Group 3

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175

VE 175 (e-lodged):10 July 2010

VE 175 (paper): 10 July 2010

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

VE 176 (e-lodged): 10 July 2010

VE 176 (paper): 10 July 2010

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

VF 475 (e-lodged): 10 July 2010

VF 475 (paper): 10 July 2010

Skilled – Independent Regional (Provisional) subclass 495 and

Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored subclass 496

UX 495 and UZ 496 (e-lodged and paper): All applicants who have an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 have been allocated.

Skilled – Independent (Residence) subclass 885

VB 885 (e-lodged) 1 April 2011

VB 885 (paper): 1 March 2011

Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) subclass 886:

VB 886 (e-lodged) 1 April 2011

VB 886 (paper): 1 March 2011

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 487

VC 487 (e-lodged) 1 April 2011

VC 487 (paper): 1 March 2011

Looks like there's still a year of pending app fro category 3 to process and cat 2 is about to be cleared soonish. Question. If cat 2 is cleared, do we need to wait for Cat 3 to finish before cat 4 is being allocated? coz as we all know:

Priority Group 4

Processing of priority group 4 applications can only commence once all applications from priority group 2 AND 3 have been allocated for assessment.

Thanks

Guest pippa1

Who knows what they will do...the Cat 1's are taking much longer than Cat 2's & 3's in some cases, and they have been simultaneously processing Cat 2/3 for a while, so why can't they just do the first 10000 cat 4's as they released those figures, so surely there must be some intent there...but hey this is DIAC so it's anyone's guess really:biggrin:

Lets hang in there eh !!

Skilled – Independent Regional (Provisional) subclass 495 and

Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored subclass 496

UX 495 and UZ 496 (e-lodged and paper): All applicants who have an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 have been allocated.

Look they are finished with 495 and 496 category 3 applicants. But still they are not working on 495 and 496 applicants under priority 4.May be they will process these applicants along with onshore applicants. As it has been clearly mentioned in the new update email that they have reached to April 2011 for onshore applicants. So they they might start processing these applicants along with onshore applicants. So there might be some good news for onshore priority 4 applicants in July August 2011.

Look they are finished with 495 and 496 category 3 applicants. But still they are not working on 495 and 496 applicants under priority 4.May be they will process these applicants along with onshore applicants. As it has been clearly mentioned in the new update email that they have reached to April 2011 for onshore applicants. So they they might start processing these applicants along with onshore applicants. So there might be some good news for onshore priority 4 applicants in July August 2011.

Yes this is the question now. Whether they start processing Cat 4 in certain groups once they did Cat 3 or they are going to wait until all Cat 3 are allocated.

Yes this is the question now. Whether they start processing Cat 4 in certain groups once they did Cat 3 or they are going to wait until all Cat 3 are allocated.

Yes, this is the main question. In what order they will start processing priority 4 applicants. As they are finished with priority 3 495 and 496 applicants and are close to be finished for all onshore category 3 applicants. So according to the priority processing arrangement they should start processing priority 4 applicants...Hope for the best guys...

Would love to have a breakdown of cat 4 applicants. We know theoretically that there are about 46.000 in the queue, but how many are onshore as against off shore, not that that makes any difference, just interested. The earliest date of applicants seems from this forum to be 2007? so again would like to know how many there are for each year, which would at least give us a clue as to who might stand a chance of creeping into the possible/hopeful? 10/12.000 that might be allocated this year next year sometime never! So if you are way down the line at least you don't have your hopes raised unrealistically.

so if we start counting from 2007-2009 for 10,000 cat 4 allocations, per month, DIAC must have 278 applicants per month of onshores/offshores for 3 years. So we just hope there are months that only less applicants or what...

ugh!

i think they might process the cat 4 onshore applicants more quickly compared to the cat 4 offshores just like they are doing for cat 3 applicants...

Yes, this is true. And along side with that they will also process 495 and 496 applicants. because 495 and 496 category 3 applicants are processed way back. So they might process 495 and 496 applicants.

Yes, this is true. And along side with that they will also process 495 and 496 applicants. because 495 and 496 category 3 applicants are processed way back. So they might process 495 and 496 applicants.

Onshore vs. offshore Cat 4 war is on! :)

Let's see who wins. Looks like it is in judge's hands...

I don't believe onshore will have all the advantage. I believe they will run both on and off shore concurrently, with onshore being always a little ahead. Just the same as Cat 3 at present. Onshore is always a month or two ahead compared with offshore. As DIAC have said, beginning with the oldest applications first. So we are looking at 2007 onshore and then commencing with Sept 2007 offshore, hopefully also reaching all of 2008 and at least most of 2009. The remainder will then be processed commencing in the next financial year. I also don't believe that DIAC will change any more rules in a hurry as they seem to have worked out the structure quite well, with State Lists, adding some or taking some off the SOL and introducting the EOI in the future. Fingers and all crossed!

Archived