2231-79 Computing Professional (ICT Recent Graduate) and the new priority

Guest ddd2010

Hi Guys.., How is everyone doing...?

Good News frm me.. I got my VISA GRANT letter last week finally :-). All waiting has come to end. I was on vacation all these days in India and my lawyer called me to inform this good news.. Back to work in Singapore only today and very happy to see the online status of " application approved" and also grant letter.

What should i be doing now ? i am going to india next week again and so planning to get the VISA stamped in India... Any idea where i can get VISA sticker in my passport in India ? and how many days it would take ...

---------------

176 Family sponsrd applied - 23/06/2009 (non CSL) ; ACS Reassessment (Successful) - 20 Jun 2011; Sent reassessment to DIAC - 20 Jun 2011 ; PLE raised for priority conformation - 9 Aug 2011 (no reply) ; raised 2nd PLE - 24 Aug 2011; got confirmation mail on - 26 Aug 2011(through PLE); CO Allocated - 05 Sep2011; All documents submitted - 22 Sep 2011 ;Visa Grant : 12 Oct 2011.

Congrats mate :biggrin:.... u will probably have to go to the Australian embassy in New Delhi to get that visa label, should be instant ? I just had to walk into the DIAC office in Brisbane with my passport and had the label affixed within 15 minutes tops....

Dont forget to update ur details in the spread btw :

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tHQP8Hpmu2NRl1EfjvQw3YQ&hl=en#gid=0

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys

This is what my agent get in e mail after submition

I have attached the new skills assessment to this client's file and batched them for allocation into priority group 4.

Please be advised applications such as this will be allocated to case officers as soon as possible. The date of allocation will be dependent on how many higher priority applications are received.

Do you think i need ple ??

Hi guys

This is what my agent get in e mail after submition

I have attached the new skills assessment to this client's file and batched them for allocation into priority group 4.

Please be advised applications such as this will be allocated to case officers as soon as possible. The date of allocation will be dependent on how many higher priority applications are received.

Do you think i need ple ??

Dont think so u need ple.

Wait till Friday n give them a call

Good News frm me.. I got my VISA GRANT letter last week finally :-). All waiting has come to end. I was on vacation all these days in India and my lawyer called me to inform this good news.. Back to work in Singapore only today and very happy to see the online status of " application approved" and also grant letter.

What should i be doing now ? i am going to india next week again and so planning to get the VISA stamped in India... Any idea where i can get VISA sticker in my passport in India ? and how many days it would take ...

---------------

176 Family sponsrd applied - 23/06/2009 (non CSL) ; ACS Reassessment (Successful) - 20 Jun 2011; Sent reassessment to DIAC - 20 Jun 2011 ; PLE raised for priority conformation - 9 Aug 2011 (no reply) ; raised 2nd PLE - 24 Aug 2011; got confirmation mail on - 26 Aug 2011(through PLE); CO Allocated - 05 Sep2011; All documents submitted - 22 Sep 2011 ;Visa Grant : 12 Oct 2011.

Congrats! VenkatSiri. :notworthy:

Congrats mate

886 relative sponsored could be in Cat4 if it is nominated occupation on SOL schedule 1 . Like my application, 886 relative sponsored, nominated in Developer Programmer which is SOL schedule 1. Do you think it can be moved to Cat4 after submitting re-assessment ?

Here is also mention about it in Cat4 http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

And here as well

Occupations on the SOL–Schedule 1 in effect at 1 July 2011–priority group 4

All applicants with a nominated occupation on the SOL–Schedule 1 are included in priority group 4. This includes both independent applicants and applicants sponsored by an Australian family member.

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/24apriority_skilled.htm

Called in today:

And I've been told I'm still in the batch and still waiting for CO allocation. :sad:

a couple of my mates both got CO's today, they sent their reassessments in the August-September. Your (and others left on the forum) allocation(s) must be just around the corner....

a couple of my mates both got CO's today, they sent their reassessments in the August-September. Your (and others left on the forum) allocation(s) must be just around the corner....

Hoping the same!

but I have a strong feeling that the allocation is done through the batch which might be getting allocation based on ascending order of applications filed in.

So most probably the batch will start from the oldest application first following the greater date.

Similarly it would be happening to the applications that would be added to the batch for the next lot.

The weird thing is, they reply on with, You will only get contacted if CO needs anything. So where does the waiting time lines lie!? I mean i'm in 10th week since I got acknowledged for Cat 4. But still hanging around for CO allocation, which may end up with "Oh Can you please provide this!"

Lets see what happens, when ever it happens!!:confused:

And did the CO just contacted and informed regarding the allocation or your friends were asked to submit more info!?

Guys i ve checked now on status check

It says "apllication recieved-processing start" but the date is apllication date

Did it always said like that or it means they started on processing???

Please let me know thanks

Guys i ve checked now on status check

It says "apllication recieved-processing start" but the date is apllication date

Did it always said like that or it means they started on processing???

Please let me know thanks

Checked the information on DIFFERENT WEBSITE and I guess it explains the steps.

hope that helps!

Cheers!

Guest nguyenyeu

Hi everyone,

I'm new, just discovered this thread today. I have applied 886 sponsored visa on March 2010, submitted 2231-79 (ICT Recent Graduate). As I understand, my application would fall into Category 5. Any chance for me to lift it up to Cat4 if I re-apply ACS skill assessment ? Is it too late for now ?

Hi everyone,

I'm new, just discovered this thread today. I have applied 886 sponsored visa on March 2010, submitted 2231-79 (ICT Recent Graduate). As I understand, my application would fall into Category 5. Any chance for me to lift it up to Cat4 if I re-apply ACS skill assessment ? Is it too late for now ?

Welcome to the thread!

It's not late for you.

You need to apply for ACS re-assessment with exactly same docs that you used when you got assessed for 2231-79 nec (recent graduate). This process usually takes 12 weeks from the date ACS recieved the application for re-assessment but currently many people got assessed within 5-8 weeks time.

When you receive the new ACS re-assessment letter, you need to send that letter to DIAC so that they can upgrade your CAT to CAT4.

hope that helps!

the Co asked for the medicals of one guy and for myother friend, the CO asked for his wife's medicals

So it means, CO will only contact if they require further docs, not otherwise. Makes sense now.

And when did they both apply for 885 originally? I mean which year? 2009/2010? Also, were both the application online or paper based?

Guest nguyenyeu
Welcome to the thread!

It's not late for you.

You need to apply for ACS re-assessment with exactly same docs that you used when you got assessed for 2231-79 nec (recent graduate). This process usually takes 12 weeks from the date ACS recieved the application for re-assessment but currently many people got assessed within 5-8 weeks time.

When you receive the new ACS re-assessment letter, you need to send that letter to DIAC so that they can upgrade your CAT to CAT4.

hope that helps!

Thanks br4t, I better submit reassessment as quick as I can, grrrrrrrr...... what a long long waiting time.....when I looked at your time frame, apparently it may take me more than haft year to catch up :arghh:.

Thanks br4t, I better submit reassessment as quick as I can, grrrrrrrr...... what a long long waiting time.....when I looked at your time frame, apparently it may take me more than haft year to catch up :arghh:.

No Worries,

It shouldn't take long for ACS re-assessment I suppose.

Also you can fill in your details and timelines in 885 Google Docs here which will help you track all the trends and time lines with other applicants.

CHeers!

So it means, CO will only contact if they require further docs, not otherwise. Makes sense now.

And when did they both apply for 885 originally? I mean which year? 2009/2010? Also, were both the application online or paper based?

they are old applicants, both from 2009......... and both are online

Congrats mate :biggrin:.... u will probably have to go to the Australian embassy in New Delhi to get that visa label, should be instant ? I just had to walk into the DIAC office in Brisbane with my passport and had the label affixed within 15 minutes tops....

Dont forget to update ur details in the spread btw :

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tHQP8Hpmu2NRl1EfjvQw3YQ&hl=en#gid=0

sure will do.. thank you..

they are old applicants, both from 2009......... and both are online

Yeah had a feeling that each batch is done from oldest to new application no matter when applications land in the batch.

Let's see how long it would take to get batch processing done.

Thanks mate.

Archived