2231-79 Computing Professional (ICT Recent Graduate) and the new priority

Guest ddd2010

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest anupamgotra

Grant comes after 3 years and 2 months

I have been checking online application status every morning religiously for past few months and was surprised this Thursday morning to see the grant. Below are my timelines:

885 Applied : 15th Aug 2008

ACS reassessment (Applied) : 21st Dec 2010 (Wrong occupation selected from SOL 2)

ACS reassessment (Sent to DIAC) : 26th Feb 2011

Cat 3 : 06th April

CO Alloc: 30th June

ACS reassessment take 2 (Applied) : 4th April 2011

ACS reassessment take 2(Sent) : 30th July 2011

Visa Grant: 12th October 2011

My CO was moved to Temp visa processing and I had to wait for another 2 months in the end for a new CO. All is well that ends well I supposed.

Thanks to the contributors to this forum for their valued inputs. Happy Grants everyone!

I have been checking online application status every morning religiously for past few months and was surprised this Thursday morning to see the grant. Below are my timelines:

ACS reassessment (Applied) : 21st Dec 2010 (Wrong occupation selected from SOL 2)

My CO was moved to Temp visa processing and I had to wait for another 2 months in the end for a new CO. All is well that ends well I supposed.

Thanks to the contributors to this forum for their valued inputs. Happy Grants everyone!

Congrats ! anupamgotra. Finally happy ending. Enjoy!

Good one. Congrats mate!

Guest nish886

Hi Guys!

I know we all are nearing our last stage of our visa applications and tend to get a bit parenoid about the outcome though i am optimistic I wanted to share couple of things about my application and let you be the judge of it.

If you have a look at my signature,I am a Skilled sponsored 886 visa applicant(unlike most of you guys) now the problem with that is I had got my state sponsorship approved under " Computing professionals (NEC) before the State migration plan came into existence.So basically i wasn't there on the state migration plan still was nominated(not my mistake) and was considered as priority4.(previously).

So on the August 2011 i decided to try my luck on ACS re-assessment and was succesfully re-assessed as a system Analyst.Now the System Analyst is not on the WA state migration plan but on the SOL1.

According to the SOL1 it says the following:

If you apply for a General Skilled Migration visa on or after 1 July 2011 and you are nominated by a State or Territory Government you must nominate an occupation from either Schedule 1 or Schedule 2 of the Skilled Occupation List.

Which means that as "System Analyst" comes under SOL1, my application should be considered as Priority4. Am i right?

Today i called the immigration and they said my CO has been allocated and is still determining whether my application should be considered as Priority 4 and that would take around 24 months!

I am happy about the CO allocation but i dont know why he said it would take 24 months??? is it a general response?

I would appreciate your advises..Thanks.

Hi Guys!

I know we all are nearing our last stage of our visa applications and tend to get a bit parenoid about the outcome though i am optimistic I wanted to share couple of things about my application and let you be the judge of it.

If you have a look at my signature,I am a Skilled sponsored 886 visa applicant(unlike most of you guys) now the problem with that is I had got my state sponsorship approved under " Computing professionals (NEC) before the State migration plan came into existence.So basically i wasn't there on the state migration plan still was nominated(not my mistake) and was considered as priority4.(previously).

So on the August 2011 i decided to try my luck on ACS re-assessment and was succesfully re-assessed as a system Analyst.Now the System Analyst is not on the WA state migration plan but on the SOL1.

If you apply for a General Skilled Migration visa on or after 1 July 2011 and you are nominated by a State or Territory Government you must nominate an occupation from either Schedule 1 or Schedule 2 of the Skilled Occupation List.

Which means that as "System Analyst" comes under SOL1, my application should be considered as Priority4. Am i right?

Today i called the immigration and they said my CO has been allocated and is still determining whether my application should be considered as Priority 4 and that would take around 24 months!

I am happy about the CO allocation but i dont know why he said it would take 24 months??? is it a general response?

24 months for considering which cat doesn't make sense.

Try direct email to your CO, but don't annoy CO.

Let us know how things go.

All the best!

Hi Guys!

U may also hire a migrate agent who can handle this situation and communicate with CO.

Guest nish886

Thanks for the quick reply mate but I already have a CO.but what do u think about the Priority4 allocation?? should i be considered?? 24 months could be like a general response time for a state sponsorship application for HR county applicants if thats what he meant..

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

State Migration Plans (SMP)

(subclass 176, 475, 487, 886) Low risk – 12 months

High risk – 24 months

Guest nish886

Thanks for the reply mate.He said the CO has been allocated but he cant give me the CO's name or the initials..I can only wait till the CO emails me.

Thanks for the quick reply mate but I already have a CO.but what do u think about the Priority4 allocation?? should i be considered?? 24 months could be like a general response time for a state sponsorship application for HR county applicants if thats what he meant..

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

State Migration Plans (SMP)

(subclass 176, 475, 487, 886) Low risk – 12 months

High risk – 24 months

It's bit of confusing info of what you are told.

I'd suggest you to contact some migration agent to tell and guide you as there is no point hanging around for another 2 years!!

btw you got CO for your ACS re-assessment or State sponsorship? If it's ACS re-assessment than I guess we all are in same batch( which I was told over the phone, that a batch is waiting for CO allocation!!)

Guest nish886
It's bit of confusing info of what you are told.

I'd suggest you to contact some migration agent to tell and guide you as there is no point hanging around for another 2 years!!

btw you got CO for your ACS re-assessment or State sponsorship? If it's ACS re-assessment than I guess we all are in same batch( which I was told over the phone, that a batch is waiting for CO allocation!!)

Yeah man All these pple do is confuse us and test us to the limits!

I suppose i got my CO assigned through my ACS re-assessment.Yeah I think i am in the same batch.

All i can do is to wait for my CO to email me.

Yeah man All these pple do is confuse us and test us to the limits!

I suppose i got my CO assigned through my ACS re-assessment.Yeah I think i am in the same batch.

All i can do is to wait for my CO to email me.

I guess, if they would be wise, it hardly matters how they give us the grant..

Either State sponsorship or ACS re-assessment, the end result is the same but it would be absurd to make applicants wait for another few months just due to some new rules which were implemented after the application was filed in.

I guess it's better to get the back log cleared off rather than holding back applicants due to any anomalies in their system.

Just consult some agent, usually their first consultation is free of charge but you can have a fair idea of what are the possible outcomes based on wait times.

Guest nish886
I guess, if they would be wise, it hardly matters how they give us the grant..

Either State sponsorship or ACS re-assessment, the end result is the same but it would be absurd to make applicants wait for another few months just due to some new rules which were implemented after the application was filed in.

I guess it's better to get the back log cleared off rather than holding back applicants due to any anomalies in their system.

Just consult some agent, usually their first consultation is free of charge but you can have a fair idea of what are the possible outcomes based on wait times.

Yep you are absoulety right.Its not our fault if the rules keep on changing after every 6 months. They shouldnt have given me a state sponsorship when the state migration plan wasn't even out at that time.Well I am just hoping they consider my application as a Priority 4 as all of you guys here.

I already have a migration agent..I have given her a call and waiting for her callback.Lets see mate..Hope it all ends up well.Btw you also should have your CO assigned.May be give them a call in couple of days.you should be getting a straight grant as your docs are pre-loaded! Good Luck.

Yep you are absoulety right.Its not our fault if the rules keep on changing after every 6 months. They shouldnt have given me a state sponsorship when the state migration plan wasn't even out at that time.Well I am just hoping they consider my application as a Priority 4 as all of you guys here.

I already have a migration agent..I have given her a call and waiting for her callback.Lets see mate..Hope it all ends up well.Btw you also should have your CO assigned.May be give them a call in couple of days.you should be getting a straight grant as your docs are pre-loaded! Good Luck.

yeah don't worry you will get through soon!! It's just the last bit which is the extremely restless time!

But definitely as an ideal thought if your ACS is all clear and there is no point to keep u waiting for something that will take 24 months instead they can grant you and get an applicant less in their work-to-do.

I'm hoping there should be someone looking at my paper application!!! coz i don't want to call them every week so maybe this friday would be the time to call them if I dont hear anything from them.

Lets see what's there for us this week!!

* Getting a grant early this week would be awesome though :jiggy: *

Hello br4t,

My application status has recently changed to "application being processed further". Is it a good sign??

I also guess your and mine time line in Priority 4 is the same(16/08/2011).

any idea??

Hello br4t,

My application status has recently changed to "application being processed further". Is it a good sign??

I also guess your and mine time line in Priority 4 is the same(16/08/2011).

any idea??

Sahil,

Any updates on the site is a Good Sign!! it's just the indication that someone is after the application for sure!

Yeah i haven't call DIAC today so hoping everyone who has been confirmed for ACS re-assessment by August-sept (maybe oct as well) are in the process of CO allocation.

Try calling them and confirm what does your status mean, if you think you can today. Else just file a Post Lodgement Enquiry and you will get response in 5 days.

Guys i am checking online the status of the application..there is no change since the bridging visa..do they update there when your priority changed?

Guys i am checking online the status of the application..there is no change since the bridging visa..do they update there when your priority changed?

Nope bridging visa is there because the application isnt decided yet. Only the priority changes, which u can confirm via email or by calling DIAC

Cheers

Hi Guys.., How is everyone doing...?

Good News frm me.. I got my VISA GRANT letter last week finally :-). All waiting has come to end. I was on vacation all these days in India and my lawyer called me to inform this good news.. Back to work in Singapore only today and very happy to see the online status of " application approved" and also grant letter.

What should i be doing now ? i am going to india next week again and so planning to get the VISA stamped in India... Any idea where i can get VISA sticker in my passport in India ? and how many days it would take ...

---------------

176 Family sponsrd applied - 23/06/2009 (non CSL) ; ACS Reassessment (Successful) - 20 Jun 2011; Sent reassessment to DIAC - 20 Jun 2011 ; PLE raised for priority conformation - 9 Aug 2011 (no reply) ; raised 2nd PLE - 24 Aug 2011; got confirmation mail on - 26 Aug 2011(through PLE); CO Allocated - 05 Sep2011; All documents submitted - 22 Sep 2011 ;Visa Grant : 12 Oct 2011.

My agent just uploaded my ACS re-assessment and emailed to GSM today then got acknowledgment from DIAC. Should I have my agent to PLE to check priority status tomorrow or next week ? Cheers.

I think it would take 6weeks for an update in status.. just wait for about 3-4 weeks and then you can fire PLE.

I waited for 8 weeks and asked my Agent to file PLE and he dint... so i did it myself ( providing my gmail ID in PLE) and i received mail from dept instead of Agent..

Nope bridging visa is there because the application isnt decided yet. Only the priority changes, which u can confirm via email or by calling DIAC

Cheers

Thanks a lot.

When my agent sent the acs letter they sent an e mail sayig they included the assesment in my folder and put my apllication in batch to allocote co. And said in email " be aware that process time for this kind of application will be quick " kinda advise in it in the mail.

Do you think i need to get my agent do ple for me? Or is it unnecessery??

Thanks in advance by the way got my acs reaassesment on 4 th of oct and sent it.got the e mail on 5 th oct..

Archived