2231-79 Computing Professional (ICT Recent Graduate) and the new priority

Guest ddd2010

Guest sb143
Hey any1 remember if pissLur submitted the new reassessment w both bachelor n masters? I know she got the letter w juz the masters and she asked acs for a new one.. now I hav the same prob, they juz noted honors in the letter. Prev one has both bachelor n honors...

As far as I understand mentioning the highest degree is sufficient and as long as they say you got a suitable ANZSCO coded skill DIAC doesnot care whether one or two degree mentioned.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest akellu

53min... finally got in.... talked to the operator and told me up to 6 weeks for CO :biggrin:

He also confirmed that I am now in group 3 :biglaugh:

Guest newguy2010

My colleage applied for ACS reassessment in early Feb and got his result today whereas I applied in early Jan but my result letter is still on its way to the local post office. Evil ACS...

I suspect bachelor degree is easier to be assessed by the assessor although there are more subjects.

Guest sTiLlWaItInG
53min... finally got in.... talked to the operator and told me up to 6 weeks for CO :biggrin:

He also confirmed that I am now in group 3 :biglaugh:

by the way, do you have to certify the copy? My office scanner is black and white only so I think I might need to certify it :confused:

Guest akellu
by the way, do you have to certify the copy? My office scanner is black and white only so I think I might need to certify it :confused:

No need... just scan it and send

Guest newguy2010

There is a JP up several floor of my office so that is not a problem for me :biggrin:

Oh BTW I have color copies.

Guest sb143

may be you can think of getting one cheap multifunction. I saw one at officeworks for 48 bucks

Guest sTiLlWaItInG
may be you can think of getting one cheap multifunction. I saw one at officeworks for 48 bucks

Hahaha I have it at home but I collected the letter on the way to work and I dont want to wait till this evening to get things done.. I might just go down to chemist to certify just to be safe.. $1 and 5mins of my time :)

Guest sb143

I was wondering if there is anyone completed medical from goldcoast ? Or did anyone get medical results given to them in a sealed envelop ?

Guest mirob
Hahaha I have it at home but I collected the letter on the way to work and I dont want to wait till this evening to get things done.. I might just go down to chemist to certify just to be safe.. $1 and 5mins of my time :)

Haha I was the same desperate, I didn't want to wait and I scanned it at work. When I called DIAC they couldn't open the re-assessment but later on the operator said it was only an Acrobat error with that one file. I scanned the assessment at work on a PC and the rest of the files at home on a Mac.

Guest sb143

I think thats a good idea. I remember I saw somewhere about the certified thing regarding B/W scan.

:hug: congrats on getting the assessment. welcome to the CO waiting zone

Guest sb143
how long does it take for a registered post from Sydney to Brisbane ?

not long, you will get it soon, just be vigilent that the postman doesnot leave the card without knocking your door

Guest macbeth4397
not long, you will get it soon, just be vigilent that the postman doesnot leave the card without knocking your door

Alll of my correspondents regarding my PR goes via my agent . So they will deliver the letter to my agent.

Hey any1 remember if pissLur submitted the new reassessment w both bachelor n masters? I know she got the letter w juz the masters and she asked acs for a new one.. now I hav the same prob, they juz noted honors in the letter. Prev one has both bachelor n honors...

yes i believe pissLur submitted the new reassessment with both masters and bachelors, but the ACS letter only mentioned the masters degree. Go ahead and send it in to DIAC mate...

scanned copies of black & white needs to be certified.

colour doesnt.

yes i believe pissLur submitted the new reassessment with both masters and bachelors, but the ACS letter only mentioned the masters degree. Go ahead and send it in to DIAC mate...

I sent my incorrect result back to ACS last thursday and hasnt heard anything back from them :wink::wink:

So now, i dont have any ACS SA with me :wacko::wacko:

Guest Adichem

Good day Guyz!

I am seeking a suggestion from you guys, if any one has faced the same issue

My scenario is...

I obtained my (Indian) Overseas PCC in 2008 APR (for 485) and subsequently applied for PR (885) in 2009 July (I never left Australia except for a month once I got my PCC)

However I received an email from the CO requesting an updated overseas PCC. So my question is... Would I still need to submit the new overseas PCC even though I was in Australia for most of the time during the whole period (except for a month) ?

I E-mailed to the CO asking the same thing and still waiting for the reply. Meanwhile, I called DIAC , the reply was the validity of overseas PCC is 12 months and in my case, irrespective of my continuous stay (almost) in Aust, I have to obtain the new one.

So I thought to ping you guys for your input in this regard.Your help will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

(P.S

Meeting the character requirement for temporary and permanent migration

For the Australian Government to determine whether you are of good character, you may be asked to provide police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more over the last ten (10) years since turning 16.

If you are applying outside Australia, you do not have to provide this information when you apply. You will be advised when it is required.

If you are applying in Australia, you should provide this information with your application.

Instructions for providing character-related information are included in the health and character section of the Partner, Child, Parent and Other Family booklets which are available from this website

Subject to availability, you can obtain a printed copy from a migration office in Australia or overseas for a minimal cost

{http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-requirements/#e{ ) )

I don't think the posties ever knock on the door anymore. They just put the card in the letterbox and you have to go to the post office to collect.

Guest sb143
I don't think the posties ever knock on the door anymore. They just put the card in the letterbox and you have to go to the post office to collect.

may be you are right. they no more consider it service. they think they are showing mercy to the customer, same like medibank

Guest sb143
Good day Guyz!

My scenario is...

I obtained my (Indian) Overseas PCC in 2008 APR (for 485) and subsequently applied for PR (885) in 2009 July (I never left Australia except for a month once I got my PCC)

However I received an email from the CO requesting an updated overseas PCC. So my question is... Would I still need to submit the new overseas PCC even though I was in Australia for most of the time during the whole period (except for a month) ?

I E-mailed to the CO asking the same thing and still waiting for the reply. Meanwhile, I called DIAC , the reply was the validity of overseas PCC is 12 months and in my case, irrespective of my continuous stay (almost) in Aust, I have to obtain the new one.

So I thought to ping you guys for your input in this regard.Your help will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

(P.S

For the Australian Government to determine whether you are of good character, you may be asked to provide police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more over the last ten (10) years since turning 16.

If you are applying outside Australia, you do not have to provide this information when you apply. You will be advised when it is required.

If you are applying in Australia, you should provide this information with your application.

Instructions for providing character-related information are included in the health and character section of the Partner, Child, Parent and Other Family booklets which are available from this website

Subject to availability, you can obtain a printed copy from a migration office in Australia or overseas for a minimal cost

thanks for raising this issue. I need to know as well. Guys anyone with similar experience please enlighten us

Guest macbeth4397
Good day Guyz!

My scenario is...

Cheers

(P.S

I think as you went back home for 1 month you need the PCC again. I remember last year i went back home for 1 month and my migration lawyer told me the ame thing that i have to obtain a new overseas PCC. Check with your CO.

Guest sTiLlWaItInG

submitted the certified reassessment..

I am waiting for my office phone to be fixed so once it's done I'll call DIAC..

Guest ACSAssessment
thanks for raising this issue. I need to know as well. Guys anyone with similar experience please enlighten us

It all depends up on CO perception. Some of them asked for updated PCC, some don't..

Best is to re-apply for the Indian PCC again.. The processing time of Indian PCC is only 4-5 working days unless you have any criminal charge against you...

Cheers

Guest mirob
submitted the certified reassessment..

I am waiting for my office phone to be fixed so once it's done I'll call DIAC..

Call them tomorrow or give them at least 3-4 hours to receive document. It's not the telephone operators who are receiving the re-assessments. Someone at DIAC has to attach it to your file, then the operators can see it and mark it as Category 3.

It all depends up on CO perception. Some of them asked for updated PCC, some don't..

Best is to re-apply for the Indian PCC again.. The processing time of Indian PCC is only 4-5 working days unless you have any criminal charge against you...

Cheers

i agree... i recently did a second one in January, took a couple of weeks...

http://www.vfs-in-au.net/

Archived