2231-79 Computing Professional (ICT Recent Graduate) and the new priority

Guest ddd2010

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mirob
I completely agree with you. for HR countries the processing times may be longer if the CO has any doubt with some documents and need to verify them further. The verification process varies widely from country to country. But if the CO is convinced that documents are fine then there is no reason to delay based on specifc country.

You're right. It could take longer for offshore applicants but most of us are onshore ones - no overseas experience, no overseas study.

Guest umairghias

Before you say my post is misleading i think you should get more information about what i am talking about here.. On the spreadsheet how many people got the pr as soon as a CO was assigned .

My documents are decision ready as well. i didnt get the grant because it takes a long long time to do some external checks or something like that for people who are from Pakistan ...

Well if you are referring to the spreadsheet i dont think there is anyone from Pakistan......

And also they dont send every body for external checks otherwise people wont be getting residency in days when the CO is assigned

Guest umairghias
I completely agree with you. for HR countries the processing times may be longer if the CO has any doubt with some documents and need to verify them further. The verification process varies widely from country to country. But if the CO is convinced that documents are fine then there is no reason to delay based on specifc country.

well can u tell me which person here who was from Pakistan got a grant ?

At least they would have thought one person documents were genuine and not have to pass through any checks?

Guest mirob
Before you say my post is misleading i think you should get more information about what i am talking about here.. On the spreadsheet how many people got the pr as soon as a CO was assigned .

My documents are decision ready as well. i didnt get the grant because it takes a long long time to do some external checks or something like that for people who are from Pakistan ...

Well if you are referring to the spreadsheet i dont think there is anyone from Pakistan......

And also they dont send every body for external checks otherwise people wont be getting residency in days when the CO is assigned

I somehow don't think that Pakistan is any different to other HR countries.

Guest sb143
well can u tell me which person here who was from Pakistan got a grant ?

At least they would have thought one person documents were genuine and not have to pass through any checks?

I don't know who is in the list here but i have at least two friends from pakistan who got their visa in normal time. Although in general for HR country applicants DIAC may adopt a strict checking policy for larger number of applicants than LR countries.

Guest umairghias
I don't know who is in the list here but i have at least two friends from pakistan who got their visa in normal time. Although in general for HR country applicants DIAC may adopt a strict checking policy for larger number of applicants than LR countries.

Did they got the visa very soon after the CO was assigned?

Guest sb143
Did they got the visa very soon after the CO was assigned?

yes and one of them applied in september 2010 as cat 3 and got his visa directly last week. he just had a email notification only that he will have CO in three months and then sudenly 485 and 885 visa. he had DRC.

Guest mirob

I don't have time to read all posts but what's the point here?

If there is an applicant, you or me who falls under a category that's required to go through an 'in-depth' assessment, well, then it will have to be done due to national security requirements.

I understand it's not pleasant for the applicants but if more applicants from Pakistan fall into that particular category, it's usually for a reason. I'm not saying you can't talk about it but I don't think it's discriminatory either.

Guest umairghias
I don't have time to read all posts but what's the point here?

If there is an applicant, you or me who falls under a category that's required to go through an 'in-depth' assessment, well, then it will have to be done due to national security requirements.

I understand it's not pleasant for the applicants but if more applicants from Pakistan fall into that particular category, it's usually for a reason. I'm not saying you can't talk about it but I don't think it's discriminatory either.

I think it is better for me to stop here rather then taking this conversation in more depth ...

Guest mirob
I think it is better for me to stop here rather then taking this conversation in more depth ...

That's what forums are about ... though as you said there were no Pakistani applicants here, so I don't think our comments have been very helpful.

I hope you get your visas soon.

Guest mirob
have anyone checked the application status recently? The DIAC server seems down

I check it every 5 minutes :chatterbox:

Yep they've been down all arvo.

Guest umairghias

DIAC and Medibank health solutions both need some developers to fix their system.. I cannot imagine nearly every time they are unavailable.........

Guest sb143
I check it every 5 minutes :chatterbox:

Yep they've been down all arvo.

LOL I thought I am the only impatient one checking every 5 mins. HAHAHA

Guest sb143
DIAC and Medibank health solutions both need some developers to fix their system.. I cannot imagine nearly every time they are unavailable.........

Still they dont understand our (ICT) value and keep us in limbo

Guest mirob

So this means it's unlikely ICT occupations will be taken out from the new skills list coming July 2011.

Guest sTiLlWaItInG

hahaha cant blame DIAC

even ACS system is not stable..

it definitely would give impression that ICT people are useless... :biglaugh:

Guest ABaron
They're not. umairghias's post is misleading.

You don't have to wait 6 or so weeks because you're from Pakistan. You wait because your application is in a queue.

I'm from a LR country and I have to wait as long as you do. Of course if there is some security process that slows down HR applicants, well, then they have to wait longer than LR applicants but generally speaking, there is no reason why you would have to wait longer than me. Look at the dates in the spreadhseet.

ups Im lost what is the HR and LR country??:wideeyed:

Guest Jaya01

Hi Mirob, Stillwaiting and Team,

I am a new memeber in to this forum, have been following this thread for the last two weeks, truly this thread is the only vent out for my impatience levels these days. Thank you guys to keep this forum alive every minute.

I think mine would be the oldest case with DIAC in this forum, DIMIA successfully is going to celebrate its third anniversary of messing up with GSM with me this May. Lol.

885 lodeged on 29 May 2008 - Dec 2008 Case Officer from Team !5 allocated - Medicals was delayed til mar 2009 - New Priority processing kicked in and ceased processing- currently no case officer - 4 Apr 2011 - priority 3 - front loaded meds and PCC - waiting for CO :wideeyed:

Hi Mirob, Stillwaiting and Team,

I am a new memeber in to this forum, have been following this thread for the last two weeks, truly this thread is the only vent out for my impatience levels these days. Thank you guys to keep this forum alive every minute.

I think mine would be the oldest case with DIAC in this forum, DIMIA successfully is going to celebrate its third anniversary of messing up with GSM with me this May. Lol.

885 lodeged on 29 May 2008 - Dec 2008 Case Officer from Team !5 allocated - Medicals was delayed til mar 2009 - New Priority processing kicked in and ceased processing- currently no case officer - 4 Apr 2011 - priority 3 - front loaded meds and PCC - waiting for CO :wideeyed:

welcome jaya :wubclub: hmm dont forget to add ur details to the spreadsheet....

Archived