2231-79 Computing Professional (ICT Recent Graduate) and the new priority

Guest ddd2010

Guest mirob
Hi All,

I have followed this forum since last year and would like to congratulate you all for your great contributions. I am in the same situation as most of you and find this forum to be the most valuable resource in my quest.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B5dwcAMbeYsbNWM3YjJmNjktODNjMS00MDJjLTgyZjMtMjE5NjgxYTUzNWVj&hl=en

This time I would like to share with you my experiences with Medibank. I would be very interested in hearing about the way you have been treated.

Kind Regards,

Diego.

Hi Diego,

I've done 3 medical exams in Australia over the past few years and I must say your complaint perfectly describes the way migrants and students are treated by Medibank Health Solutions.

On one occasion, I had blood taken and a few minutes later I was with the pediatrician who was doing general examination. When I was putting my shirt on I hit the small band-aid and my arm started to bleed a little. I asked for a new one and she didn't even have it. I started to put my jacket on, quite slowly because I didn't want to get dirty from the blood on my arm. While I was doing that she insisted I leave the room immediately because she had other patients to examine. I had a little argument with her and explained her I was a paying customer and the way she treats me is disrespectful.

I don't have much to add but please keep us posted when you hear back from them.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest newguy2010
hi newguy, who's ur new assossor for ACS? as IK leaved ACS before the case finalised.....thanks....i have heard nothing from them man....so...s***t......

IK is the CO. Assessors are different. Every CO works with many different assessors. My CO is still displayed as IK. They will deal with this so you need not worry. The system is not updated very frequently though.

Guest mirob
Hey Mirob,

Did you ring the immi to check about the allocation for the CO....

i uploaded my ACS review on the 5th April, rang them on the 8th April... They told I will get my CO allocated in 6 to 8 weeks...

I uploaded my ACS assessment on April 1st, rang them on April 4th to confirm I was in Category 3.

I rang them yesterday to inquire about my 485 application and the CO I already have for the application I spoke to told me I didn't have a CO on my 885 application yet.

I think it's still too early, though I will ring them next week which will be 2 weeks from Cat 3 confirmation.

Guest sb143
Hi All,

I have followed this forum since last year and would like to congratulate you all for your great contributions. I am in the same situation as most of you and find this forum to be the most valuable resource in my quest.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B5dwcAMbeYsbNWM3YjJmNjktODNjMS00MDJjLTgyZjMtMjE5NjgxYTUzNWVj&hl=en

This time I would like to share with you my experiences with Medibank. I would be very interested in hearing about the way you have been treated.

Kind Regards,

Diego.

Hey diego good to know your troubles. I must share my experienceswith them. I tried yesterday to get a booking at Brisbane. After 7 calls throughout the day (they had their system down) I managed to get a booking for early May. I was desparate to get it done earlier so called the goldcoast office they told i dont need a booking just have to go there with all documents. This morning I went there (80km drive) before 8 and the first thing the lady asked if I had a booking. I tried to tell her that I called them yesterday for it and they only told me i dont need one. The lady rudely interrupted me and told to take a seat. after 1 hour I was told the story of system down again and suggested I come back some other time. I was angry and told I will wait as I came all the way from Brisbane. After another hour one person told me they will start taking my samples and xray and fill up forms manually. The nurse was good and told me that the system problem is there for last few weeks and its a regular issue.

I should cut short my novel (you guys will be bored). Ultimately I have to go back again next Tuesday and they have called me twice so far thinking that I dont have a booking for next week.

In summary ****ty service. We should get better service with the money we pay. Medibank is earning billions why can't they keep a good system and good people to serve?

485 Grant on Dec 2008 ( Dec 2008 till Jun 2010 )

885 Applied on 30th Aug 2009 with one Year work experience as SYSTEM ANALYST

ACS review Applied on 28th Jan 2011, Successfully assessed on 4th April 2011. Uploaded...

Applied for AFP and Overseas PCC...

Waiting for case officer to be allocated.

B

Guest siddiqui

Hi Umair

I am also from Pakistan. I am waiting as well. Can I have your email address so I can speak to you ?

Guest DiegoMx
Hey diego good to know your troubles. I must share my experienceswith them. I tried yesterday to get a booking at Brisbane. After 7 calls throughout the day (they had their system down) I managed to get a booking for early May. I was desparate to get it done earlier so called the goldcoast office they told i dont need a booking just have to go there with all documents. This morning I went there (80km drive) before 8 and the first thing the lady asked if I had a booking. I tried to tell her that I called them yesterday for it and they only told me i dont need one. The lady rudely interrupted me and told to take a seat. after 1 hour I was told the story of system down again and suggested I come back some other time. I was angry and told I will wait as I came all the way from Brisbane. After another hour one person told me they will start taking my samples and xray and fill up forms manually. The nurse was good and told me that the system problem is there for last few weeks and its a regular issue.

I should cut short my novel (you guys will be bored). Ultimately I have to go back again next Tuesday and they have called me twice so far thinking that I dont have a booking for next week.

In summary ****ty service. We should get better service with the money we pay. Medibank is earning billions why can't they keep a good system and good people to serve?

Thanks for your replies sb143 and mirob; as I expected my case is not exceptional at all. It looks like Medibank is constantly providing poor service and disrespecting customers. Unfortunately when companies are given or create a monopoly it is the customer who suffers the most. I will forward this complaint to DIAC. Let me know if anyone knows of an appropriate Ombudsman that should also be aware.

Guest mirob
485 Grant on Dec 2008 ( Dec 2008 till Jun 2010 )

885 Applied on 30th Aug 2009 with one Year work experience as SYSTEM ANALYST

ACS review Applied on 28th Jan 2011, Successfully assessed on 4th April 2011. Uploaded...

Applied for AFP and Overseas PCC...

Waiting for case officer to be allocated.

B

Please put your info in this spreadsheet.

Guest umairghias
Hi Umair

I am also from Pakistan. I am waiting as well. Can I have your email address so I can speak to you ?

i have sent you a private message already....

Guest newguy2010
Uploaded. Thanks

Wow you lodged ACS application 18 days behind me and got the result 1 week before mine. :cry: ACS is ridiculous.

Guest Jaya01
Thanks for your replies sb143 and mirob; as I expected my case is not exceptional at all. It looks like Medibank is constantly providing poor service and disrespecting customers. Unfortunately when companies are given or create a monopoly it is the customer who suffers the most. I will forward this complaint to DIAC. Let me know if anyone knows of an appropriate Ombudsman that should also be aware.

Hi Diego, my very best wishes on your initiative, it is soothing feeling for every one of us that deal with the mess around the immigration system.

I would say that every single entity that works with the immigration processes discerns the worlds most under rated customer service ranking, I believe this is to do with the kind of drive and motive from the Ministers that represent DIAC.

Guest bhav22

guys I am going for medicals tomm, but had some urine test done earlier week which showed that I have kidney stones. Luckily didnt have any blood in urine though.

Do you think that would cause problems? has anyone been through similar situations?

Guest dinhkhoi
IK is the CO. Assessors are different. Every CO works with many different assessors. My CO is still displayed as IK. They will deal with this so you need not worry. The system is not updated very frequently though.

thanks man...have to wait for them then....

Wow you lodged ACS application 18 days behind me and got the result 1 week before mine. :cry: ACS is ridiculous.

On the 9th wekk I sent an email asking about the status of my application. It then changed to "with Assesor' on the same day.. I got it next week...

Guest sTiLlWaItInG
guys I am going for medicals tomm, but had some urine test done earlier week which showed that I have kidney stones. Luckily didnt have any blood in urine though.

Do you think that would cause problems? has anyone been through similar situations?

don't think that would cause the problem.. cause they just check the sugar level with urine sample I think..just drink more water the day before and on the day itself...

as long as you dont have blood in there, u'd be fine..

I think they are only concerned with Blood and protein in urine.Stones should not be a problem.If you see form, you know which tests they are going to conduct.

You should be fine as long as there is no blood in the urine... kidney stones can cause bleeding in the urinary tracts however. Perhaps you should increase ur daily water intake...:wubclub:

Guest Jaya01

Hi Bhav22, I had a similar situation when I have done my first Medicals in 2008, but mine was found with blood traces in urine and high BP (For first time), so HSA/Medibank referred me to a GP for a check up, I drank more water for the next few days, and the GP cleared it for me after finding normal levels. It caused a delay of two weeks. Howvevr, I doubt in the first place the Medicals requirements (Urine) has any constraints due to the stones in urine, hence I doubt if they would do such extensive urine tests, they are more concerned with Glucose levels rather. The worst possibility would be reference to the GP. Please consume more water from now until your medicals tomorrow... best wishes.

Guest ABaron
Guys , i called DIAC and found that i already have a CO since 14th March 2011 ....

But because i am from pakistan , there is no timeframe that can be given to how long will it take.(Checked some other forums and can take any where between 8 to 15 months) .. Is anybody on the forum facing the same problem or know if anyone from Pakistan got the grant ?

Are Grants based on the country of origin? oh it thats the case thats ****:swoon:

Guest mirob
Are Grants based on the country of origin? oh it thats the case thats ****:swoon:

They're not. umairghias's post is misleading.

You don't have to wait 6 or so weeks because you're from Pakistan. You wait because your application is in a queue.

I'm from a LR country and I have to wait as long as you do. Of course if there is some security process that slows down HR applicants, well, then they have to wait longer than LR applicants but generally speaking, there is no reason why you would have to wait longer than me. Look at the dates in the spreadhseet.

Guest bhav22
Hi Bhav22, I had a similar situation when I have done my first Medicals in 2008, but mine was found with blood traces in urine and high BP (For first time), so HSA/Medibank referred me to a GP for a check up, I drank more water for the next few days, and the GP cleared it for me after finding normal levels. It caused a delay of two weeks. Howvevr, I doubt in the first place the Medicals requirements (Urine) has any constraints due to the stones in urine, hence I doubt if they would do such extensive urine tests, they are more concerned with Glucose levels rather. The worst possibility would be reference to the GP. Please consume more water from now until your medicals tomorrow... best wishes.

when you say normal levels, do you mean u still had stones when GP looked at your report but were in considerable amount? Also, what test did GP ask you to do?

HI ,

just had a question for sb143,

can you please give the number of goldcoast medibank office if I have to book my medicals please.

Guest sb143
They're not. umairghias's post is misleading.

You don't have to wait 6 or so weeks because you're from Pakistan. You wait because your application is in a queue.

I'm from a LR country and I have to wait as long as you do. Of course if there is some security process that slows down HR applicants, well, then they have to wait longer than LR applicants but generally speaking, there is no reason why you would have to wait longer than me. Look at the dates in the spreadhseet.

I completely agree with you. for HR countries the processing times may be longer if the CO has any doubt with some documents and need to verify them further. The verification process varies widely from country to country. But if the CO is convinced that documents are fine then there is no reason to delay based on specifc country.

Archived