The decision has been made.

Guest chris955

Drove through that area in February/March and really liked the look of Marlborough and the big drop down the hills after that was gobsmacking (it was a glorious day!). I could live in that part of the world quite easily too. We have friends in the Somerset levels and they have a really nice place in a super little village which has so much going on most of the time. It sounds like a fantastic plan, Chris, add me to the list of green eyed monsters!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chris955

Yes it's a beautiful area, I really can't wait to get the next chapter started.

I suppose the sun and surf gang would think I'm crazy with the UK's 486 days a year of rain but I like it :wink:

Guest chico70

I know exactly what you mean, Good luck Chris, good on you for making the decision.

We moved from Sydney to the Sunshine Coast (QLD) 3 years ago and regret making the move, wish I could make the decision to move back. I hate the QLD lifestyle, it is too too relaxed and laid back, the people are boring and am sick of wearing rubber thongs feeling like a hippy. I would love to move to London to live and work for 12 mths. Wish it was me going to the UK! Have a safe trip and a happy life.

Good luck to you all, I wish you all the best

From my experience I think your Kids are at an ideal age to settle back in , for us it was hard as my son (12) went into yr 8 after skipping yr 7 here and it was very hard to meet other parents, the school did not give out any class lists because of privacy issues and although we went to all the rugby and cricket matches no one else did so after one yr at the school we only met one family , where as at primary its seems much easier

Lovely weather here at the moment and all looking very pretty and green in the countryside, I am sure you will love it

Wishing you all the very best too, in Milan

harpodom

is thick as.....

My Mood:

you're as thick as what ??????????????? do you really think i'm in milan :biglaugh:lmbo

Yes it's strange, even though I have been thinking about it for a long time it isn't until a decision is actually made that it feels like a big weight being lifted off the shoulders.

We are looking at Somerset, maybe Dorset. There are loads of really nice places available for the price we can pay.

Well you are a millionaire or you like commuting as there s Fook all in dorset for work ,there wasnt 10 years ago a bit southhampton if you travelled ,dare not to think whats there now good luck mate

Guest guest36762
harpodom

is thick as.....

My Mood:

you're as thick as what ??????????????? do you really think i'm in milan :biglaugh:lmbo

well you can't have any bollox left you seem to laugh them off so much.

maybe testosterone deficiency has made you so obnoxious, get some HRT Bruce

There seems to be a wee bit of bitterness from some members that Chris is coming home.

They must have had a really bad life, it seems that they really hate the UK.

Maybe they are just not happy people and dislike Aus that little bit less than they hate the UK.

Cheer up

There seems to be a wee bit of bitterness from some members that Chris is coming home.

Maybe they are just not happy people and dislike Aus that little bit less than they hate the UK.

Cheer up

We should all be happy :wubclub:

i think everyone should live where they are happy but never move anywhere that its going to be like england as many have said they only thing in common is the langauge (some even disagree on that).

If Aus is not for Chris then he has the choice and i think migrants who move from one developed country to another always know if they go back there life will not disintegrate or be worse off such as people from Asia/Africa/South Amercia

Guest guest36762
i think everyone should live where they are happy but never move anywhere that its going to be like england as many have said they only thing in common is the langauge (some even disagree on that).

If Aus is not for Chris then he has the choice and i think migrants who move from one developed country to another always know if they go back there life will not disintegrate or be worse off such as people from Asia/Africa/South Amercia

huh? you mean we're not obliged to live in one place, forever?

your latter statement might offend a few people

Guest chris955

As I said in my OP and also in my reply to the PM you sent me I will be looking at setting up my own business but I appreciate your concern. :biggrin:

Well you are a millionaire or you like commuting as there s Fook all in dorset for work ,there wasnt 10 years ago a bit southhampton if you travelled ,dare not to think whats there now good luck mate

Guest chris955

Yes it's odd, the same person has posted very similar things before for some strange reason. Why keep coming back to a thread about someone going back to the UK when you are blissfully happy here ? :confused:

S;799666]There seems to be a wee bit of bitterness from some members that Chris is coming home.

They must have had a really bad life, it seems that they really hate the UK. [/color]

Cheer up

Yes it's odd, the same person has posted very similar things before for some strange reason. Why keep coming back to a thread about someone going back to the UK when you are blissfully happy here ? :confused:

[/color]

Dunno, that always perplexes me too. Bit of cognitive dissonance I expect:biglaugh:

huh? you mean we're not obliged to live in one place, forever?

your latter statement might offend a few people

well im talking as person from an immigrant family and i have not known anyone who moved for a better life to go back to their country of origin due to not settling.

know many who have stuck it out be grudgingly because they know life would be harder if they moved back. My family when they came to the UK left a village with no electricity/running water/gas and the only work was on the land came to england of the 60's n 70's which had all basic ammenities and with a lot of jobs be it menial but they were getting paid and improving lives back in there village.

Many familes have tried to go back (mine included) but it never worked as you were going to a country which had a different system as it is still developing coountry.

it may offend people but i think we in developing countries have the choices that people from developing do not have so if one person doesnt like aus they can go back a life which will be similar as the aus life but with the comfort of home.

we all have choice as what where we call home!

Guest Guest37175

Cheer up

Ditto that. Chris and his family have made a huge decision and I'm sure they're excited at the prospect of returning home, just as Geoffrey is with his family going the other way.

A time for celebration rather than point-scoring over which country is better?

Guest Guest37175
Well done Chris, sounds like you'll be happy back in blighty.

When you get there, can you send us some decaf teabags? and some smoked mackerell? and a case of Vin de pays D'oc Chardonnay for not much? and some French goat's cheese? and French brie? and French camembert? and some of those M+S gastropub meals? and Chinese/Indian takeaway meals from Sainsbury's? and some Ginsters pies that you can eat from cold without getting food poisoning? And some Waitrose puddings? and..................?

I'm a food tragic I know, but god I miss M&S Foodhall!

Guest guest36762
I'm a food tragic I know, but god I miss M&S Foodhall!

I can't wait to hit waitrose on our upcoming trip home

Guest Guest37175

That's another place I've missed!. When are you off?

well you can't have any bollox left you seem to laugh them off so much.

maybe testosterone deficiency has made you so obnoxious, get some HRT Bruce

yea i might try those, have you thought of getting some to see if they can help with your baldness problem :biglaugh:

ps

lmbo x 10000000000000000000000000000000000:biglaugh:

Guest chris955

Haha, yes I think you will, we still have lots of loose ends to tie up. Well done to you.

Guest Ista

Lol my friend from Melbourne who's living in London for a yr asked me what I was going to miss when I moved over to Syd; I immediately answered Ocado! Waitrose food and RIGHT to your door - luxury. ;-)

Archived