Is the world cup good for England?

tracy123

Now this is not an attack or sour grapes but just something to debate

On the outside looking in, it's great to see the flags flying, the get togethers and all of that pride that people say doesn't exist in England anymore but what about all of the things we dont see....... domestic violence, drink driving, drunken related incidents, then all of the extra pressures caused to the NHS, police and fire services etc

"During the 2006 World Cup, Humberside Police saw reports of domestic violence double, while nationally there was a 30 per cent rise"

Search - Telegraph

So is watching England try to win the world cup worth all of the lives that will change because of it?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Working to fish

Just as bad as watching the ozzies some may say .

The match i am talking of, did you stay up and watch :wink:

Guest Working to fish
I thought it was a good match till Tim got his red card, but this is not about Australia :wink:

Never a red btw.:shocked:

The world cup officials nor the team are responsible for the action of others. No one is making them people resort to domestic violence. They only have themselves to blame - drink isn't an excuse either.

Fair point, but some times peoples toys need to be taken away for the greater good :wubclub:

BTW I agree with you just playing devils advocate

Guest Working to fish
stevie what goes around ,comes around .

The Ball ?

german to german to german and so on ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Goal.:wink:

Guest Working to fish

Oh and Australia surely didn't expect to be Germany. Did they??????

If they had won the war ,you never know:wink:

On the subject of increased domestic violence, I taked it its the footballs fault not the alcohol or being a neanderthal meathead. At least lay the blame where it deserves to be.

Oh and Australia surely didn't expect to be Germany. Did they??????

Person A goes out to pub to watch the football match, person A drinks to much..... team loses Person A is angry goes home beats up partner

Is it the drink or the team losing? neither it's the person but put all 3 together.....

Some people don't really need a reason do they?

but lets face it any football match I'm sure these stats spike, I guess it's worse as the whole country supports the 1 team

Has research been done to see if 'stats' spike between 10pm and 2am on a saturday / sunday morning. prove anything with statistics you can.

No idea and wouldn't know where to look for them but I'm sure they are out there

Person A goes out to pub to watch the football match, person A drinks to much..... team loses Person A is angry goes home beats up partner

Is it the drink or the team losing? neither it's the person but put all 3 together.....

Some people don't really need a reason do they?

but lets face it any football match I'm sure these stats spike, I guess it's worse as the whole country supports the 1 team

Did you get drunk and beat the misses up last night?

Matts been watching footage of Perth Glory supporters (his adopted new team when we get there! :biglaugh:) and they are watching football and holding a lager too, Matt can't wait looks like I'm driving then! :eek: Now that can never be done in the UK so I wonder if there is difference in the levels of violence etc or is it just UK supporters that cant be trusted?:swoon:

Archived