Suspension of General Skilled Migration

tcillc

Guest wobob
Does this mean they will process everthing else outstanding quickly? I actually called DIAC this morning to ask about my sponsorship of my Aunty, the lady told me they were only processing CSL cases currently. Not sure how correct that is as thought I'd seen non CSL grants recently.

B*****ks are they processing CSL applications - checked mine AGAIN! this morning, it was submitted over 3 months ago and still nada.

Another late night on Sunday to ring ASPC to look forward to......

Anyone who hasn't had chance to lodge yet has my sympathy - but at least you won't have lost £1,500 like we most likely have done.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Requirements for a valid e-lodged skilled application under affected skilled visa subclasses, include:

- a skills assessment

- payment of the Visa Application Charge

Hopefully the DIAC website will hold up under the undoubted numbers that will be trying to apply in the next 6¼ hours ...

Best regards.

Hi Alan

Does this mean that if you E-lodge under a 176 you can do so without any of the supporting documentation? We are waiting for our ACT SS to come through.

thanks

Suzanne

Guest joireland

As an Irish person back here from Australia, I totally agree with what your saying re the Irish govenment, but there are also plenty of people that go to Australia and contribute in huge ways, I feel that Australia needs more people from skilled english speaking countrys, and we are the ones that find it most difficult and expensive to get a visa, with todays announcement I think my dreams have been dashed, Hopefully they will make changes to the Family Visa , as I have two siblings with PR that I wish to rejoin over there. :(

Best of luck to everyone at this stressful time!!

Sent my CSL application off to the agent on Tuesday. Bang there goes my CSL status and any hope of any sort of priority processing. This is the 2nd time in the 4 months I've been preparing the application that the goalposts have moved against us and I am seriously unimpressed.

Just been onto my agent who has advised us that the DIAC are not accepting anymore applications

Not sure that is correct ... from the DIAC website:

"This temporary measure will begin on 8 May 2010 and is expected to remain in effect until the end of 30 June 2010."

The 8th of May starts in 5½ hours from now.

Best regards.

Sent my CSL application off to the agent on Tuesday. Bang there goes my CSL status and any hope of any sort of priority processing. This is the 2nd time in the 4 months I've been preparing the application that the goalposts have moved against us and I am seriously unimpressed.

I would be surprised if Accountants are not on the new SOL ...

Any reason why you can't e-lodge in the next few hours?

Best regards.

Guest joireland

sorry the above is a reply to a thread on the next page...............im starting to get livid now, why why why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Rickard Family

Hiya Guys

Good luck to all getting their applications in!

Where do you think it puts those that have already applied?

i wonder if it may clear the back log:unsure:

Lou xx

DOH! I just paid for our TRA last night and am sending off application in todays post. I really am worrying now. My DH is a carpenter/joiner, whats anyones thoughts on weather his skill will be on new SOL? I am devastated this morning.

Guest Caitmelbourne

Well that's me out of the race, still awaiting skills assessment for Welfare Worker.

Any point in me even putting myself through the IELTS tomorrow? I'm thinking bottle of wine may be the better option....

Guest VickyMel
DOH! I just paid for our TRA last night and am sending off application in todays post. I really am worrying now. My DH is a carpenter/joiner, whats anyones thoughts on weather his skill will be on new SOL? I am devastated this morning.

Hi

In case of use this was the link to the draft suggestions by Skills Australia (and that is all it was a draft - noone knows if it will be close to the actual list) for the new SOL

http://www.skillsaustralia.gov.au/PDFs_RTFs/WWF_strategy.pdf

It isn't really a help but may help your decision - I think the occupations suggested were around pg 80-ish

EDIT: did a quick check - Page 83 "3312 Carpenters and joiners" (But as I say is a draft list some may be taken out some may be added - no guarantees)

Big Hugs :hug: to all of you out there caught up in this - I think it really is off that you were given to beleive that all would be fine for applications up until the end of June and now this blow.

Good luck

VickyMel

thanks Alan. I'm not sure how to really. I may have a look on the DIAC website, but think it would probably involve cutting out my agent as I don't have their signature on my 956 form and they've only sent me the front sheet of my skills assessment from CPAA.

I'm sure accountants will be on the new SOL, it's the loss of priority processing that concerns me, I imagine this means I'll be at the back of a long queue now.

One of the FAQs:

It is not fair that the Government keeps changing the rules. Why was no prior notification given?.

Since the beginning of the year, Government did many more things without much notification. This doesnt come as much surprise.

Hi

In case of use this was the link to the draft suggestions by Skills Australia (and that is all it was a draft - noone knows if it will be close to the actual list) for the new SOL

http://www.skillsaustralia.gov.au/PDFs_RTFs/WWF_strategy.pdf

It isn't really a help but may help your decision - I think the occupations suggested were around pg 80-ish

EDIT: did a quick check - Page 83 "3312 Carpenters and joiners" (But as I say is a draft list some may be taken out some may be added - no guarantees)

Big Hugs :hug: to all of you out there caught up in this - I think it really is off that you were given to beleive that all would be fine for applications up until the end of June and now this blow.

Good luck

VickyMel

Oh god I really Hope this isn't the new list as my partner's job as a welder isn't on it :cry: We were just in the process of filling in application for our agent for stage 1 of skills assesment, now we can't even do that before changes. I hope this doesn't reflect the states skills list as my partners trade was on all states apart from queensland couple months back. :arghh:

Guest VickyMel

Hi Lucy

That list really is just a draft of suggestions...

Plus I don't think it relates to the states at all - I think the states can pick and choose what occupations they want on their shortage lists and that they are different - one of the reasons for having the state lists...

Good luck in getting your assessment back soon and lodging with QLD

VickyMel

Archived