ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Brilliant thread, I have been viewing it for a while without contributing or registering.

ENS PR submitted on the 02/02/12 to Parramatta throuth an agent. CO assigned on the 06/02/12 (communicated through the agent)

Questions back from CO on the 02/04/12 (upon the CO review)

Response (from and the agent) to be submitted today hopefully.

The above seems to be tracking ok.

I have been made aware by my company only now that the cost of a Fringe Benefit Tax will be included in the overall cost of the Visa application. The overall cost will now come to a little over 18K (5k for Agent fees, 4kimmigration fees and the rest is the FBT)

Can somebody please elaborate on the FBT and how it applies to a visa application?

As I type I am shivering with rage. Some background info would be good before I calm myself down and speak to the company

The FBT is an expense paid by the employer and shouldn't be coming from your own pocket but it will appear on your PAYG... best asking your employer as they might not be asking you to foot the 18K bill.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bluemolly
Brilliant thread, I have been viewing it for a while without contributing or registering.

ENS PR submitted on the 02/02/12 to Parramatta throuth an agent. CO assigned on the 06/02/12 (communicated through the agent)

Questions back from CO on the 02/04/12 (upon the CO review)

Response (from and the agent) to be submitted today hopefully.

The above seems to be tracking ok.

I have been made aware by my company only now that the cost of a Fringe Benefit Tax will be included in the overall cost of the Visa application. The overall cost will now come to a little over 18K (5k for Agent fees, 4kimmigration fees and the rest is the FBT)

Can somebody please elaborate on the FBT and how it applies to a visa application?

As I type I am shivering with rage. Some background info would be good before I calm myself down and speak to the company

There should be no FBT payable if you are paying for the visa and migration costs yourself. FBT is a tax payable by the employers for benefits provided to employees other than salary. Many companies are unsure about FBT so if they are claiming that you need to pay $10k they are clearly uncertain as it would only be 46.5% of the benefit in any case, ask them to consult their accountants.

Hi guys,

Quick question that I'm sure someone will know the answer to...

My oh will have been on a 457 with his nominating employer for 2 years in August this year.

My question is, can the employer submit the nomination before he's been employed for 2 years?? I know we can't submit the visa application until it's been 2 years.

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

Quick question that I'm sure someone will know the answer to...

My oh will have been on a 457 with his nominating employer for 2 years in August this year.

My question is, can the employer submit the nomination before he's been employed for 2 years?? I know we can't submit the visa application until it's been 2 years.

Thanks in advance!

No worries,

I've answered my own question.

Although it's possible, with the new reforms coming in on 1 July 2012 the nomination would be valid for 6 months from approval but as we'd be applying under the new 186 the application would be looked at as a direct entry application which means skills test etc. I think it's ridiculous but hey this is diac...what did i expect? Ah well guess I'll just have to wait patiently .

Hey all,

Here's the latest processing dates:

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 14 October 2011

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 17 October 2011

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 21 September 2011.

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 25 August 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 27 October 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 14 December 2011.

Thanks Peter. The dates seem to move at snail pace, by roughly 10 days every fortnight!

Hey, wake me up when we get there!

Cheers

Mo1

Thanks Peter. The dates seem to move at snail pace, by roughly 10 days every fortnight!

Hey, wake me up when we get there!

Cheers

Mo1

I starting to think there's more chances of getting a lottery win than an ENS visa coming through in the desired/expected time-frames!!!! :eek:

121 Paramatta CoE, IT Field - Non DRC

Nomination applied on 16/Dec/2011

Visa Application applied on 24/02/2012

Waiting for Nomination as well as Visa applications to move. Is the wait time calculated from Nomination or from Visa application lodgement?

Guest aladin3604

hi

i applied for ens 24th august 2011 n visa application on 16th decmber

until now no co assigned n no updates on my apllication ...can someone plz cheer me up/...

Guest xiaowanzi
121 Paramatta CoE, IT Field - Non DRC

Nomination applied on 16/Dec/2011

Visa Application applied on 24/02/2012

Waiting for Nomination as well as Visa applications to move. Is the wait time calculated from Nomination or from Visa application lodgement?

For 856 I asked DIAC. If you submit visa app before nomination approval, then the time was calculated from the date you submit nomination.

If visa app after nomination approval, it is a new start... because they are 2 separate part.

So for you it should be calculated from the nomination submit date

Ansh > I have asked a similar question on this forum before and was told that the count starts from the application submission. However, if you look at the timelines on the spreadsheet, it seems that the count starts from the nomination submission date. I will ring DIAC and ask them. I tried to call yesterday (from UK), but the message kept saying that it was out of office hours or public holiday! I must have called around 11.00pm our time, which should be 10am their time. I will try again tonight.

Aladin3604 > You should hear soon! You applied in August! They are currently dealing with applications received in mid-October. Not long to go now!

Peter > The question is: would you still go to Oz if you won the lottery:-)? You should hear very soon given you are on DRC and have an RMA. It should be a matter of days rather than weeks. I can't see myself getting to Sydney before July at the earliest!

Cheers

Mo1

hi

i applied for ens 24th august 2011 n visa application on 16th decmber

until now no co assigned n no updates on my apllication ...can someone plz cheer me up/...

Depending on which centre your application was lodged, you still may have a 2-3 month wait im afraid... please check my previous post on the timelines... http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/85049-ens-121-856-visa-timeline-373.html#post1935771294

Guest mostaf854
Hey Mostaf can u please let me know how long did they take to reply u back.thanks

It was about 2 weeks.

Guest aladin3604

But it says they already started processing upto 21 st sept...does that mean coz of different date of visa application n nomination app...they will delay the process even longer....

But it says they already started processing upto 21 st sept...does that mean coz of different date of visa application n nomination app...they will delay the process even longer....

In your case the processing time will apply from the time you'd lodged your application. In some instances, it applies to the nomination when the application and nomination are both lodged at the same time.

Thanks for the reply. Then I hope my application is picked in two months. The funny thing is that my company is changing its name from July 2nd. If the nomination drags beyond July 2nd then I don't know how it will shape up. The email id of the HR itself will change :).

Guest mostaf854

I asked that question from DIAC before (over the phone) and I didn't get a straight answer but my interpretation of what I was told is if the visa application is lodged before a case officer is assigned for the nomination, then there is a high chance that the processing time would start from the lodgement of the nomination application. So in your case, it might be a good news!

Guest mrlouis

To anyone, did you include form 80 in your 856 application?

That form is nice until Part E… like question 70, "Have you travelled to any countries other than Australia (including short stays) during the last 10 years?" and you got only 6 lines of entries for 10 years… man!

Guest xenium

That form is nice until Part E… like question 70, "Have you travelled to any countries other than Australia (including short stays) during the last 10 years?" and you got only 6 lines of entries for 10 years… man!

You can add more info at the end of that form.

Guest xiaowanzi

My agent told me form 80 is mainly for people from non-ETC~

hi there,

any person who does IT Job such as software engineer/developer could help me to write a reference letter or give me some tips in order to understand well . coz I've been preparing my references letter but my agency didnt like it before skills assessment :(:(:(

any help would be appreciated , thanks :)

I got letters from each of the companies I worked with. The below is the format I followed -

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

ABC was on full time (40 hours per week) employment with XYZ Pvt. Ltd, City name, Country from February 02, 2004 till October 02, 2006.

ABC worked as a Senior Software Engineer supporting Manugistics supply chain application for a leading US based Chemical giant. The skill set required for her role required expertise in Manugistics SCM product, Oracle PL/SQL, UNIX & Windows Scripting.

Key Responsibilities:

• Leading a 7 member team for three applications including Manugistics. This involves work allocation, effort/time tracking, delivery supervision and review, status reporting, resource utilization and skill enhancement, people development, process compliance, training/transition planning and extensive client/team communication.
  • Understand the business requirement, analyzing functional & technical impacts, creating designs, building code for enhancements and application testing and maintenance.
  • Involved in providing end to end solution in case of enhancements that includes:
    • Requirements Gathering
    • Analyzing Functional and Technical Application requirements
    • Providing Technical Approach Solutions based on Functional Requirements
    • Providing Detailed Technical Design
    • Coding modules as per design specifications
    • Preparing Test Cases
    • Performing Unit and Integration testing
    • Implementation in the Production environment

[*]Extensively involved in XYZ business development by giving Client presentations for an in-house transition tool.

ABC is analytical, hard working and outcome oriented in her approach.

Yours Sincerely,

Guest isis1mcc

Hi there can I ask a question, is the ens 856 a visa for people that went to oz on a 457 then got nominated by their employers for PR? Also did you have to sit the ielts if this is the case? Thanks for any info regarding this and sorry if this is a daft question.

I got letters from each of the companies I worked with. The below is the format I followed -

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

ABC was on full time (40 hours per week) employment with XYZ Pvt. Ltd, City name, Country from February 02, 2004 till October 02, 2006.

ABC worked as a Senior Software Engineer supporting Manugistics supply chain application for a leading US based Chemical giant. The skill set required for her role required expertise in Manugistics SCM product, Oracle PL/SQL, UNIX & Windows Scripting.

Key Responsibilities:

• Leading a 7 member team for three applications including Manugistics. This involves work allocation, effort/time tracking, delivery supervision and review, status reporting, resource utilization and skill enhancement, people development, process compliance, training/transition planning and extensive client/team communication.

• Understand the business requirement, analyzing functional & technical impacts, creating designs, building code for enhancements and application testing and maintenance.

• Involved in providing end to end solution in case of enhancements that includes:

• Requirements Gathering

• Analyzing Functional and Technical Application requirements

• Providing Technical Approach Solutions based on Functional Requirements

• Providing Detailed Technical Design

• Coding modules as per design specifications

• Preparing Test Cases

• Performing Unit and Integration testing

• Implementation in the Production environment

[*]Extensively involved in XYZ business development by giving Client presentations for an in-house transition tool.

ABC is analytical, hard working and outcome oriented in her approach.

Yours Sincerely,

Cheers mate, it will help me...

the reason of asking this question is that my agency didnt like kind of my reference letter. for each time they told me to be most likely technical language for the letters. I am afraid that they cannot(immigration office) understand the concept

what u suggest ?

thanks

Archived