Back in England...................for now anyway

TaniaColin

Well a quick update i arrived back home with my 4 children on Saturday afternoon after flying with Etihad airlines to Manchester, the flight wasn't to bad until someone spilled a drink and fused out the entertainment system for the last two hours, so the kids got quickly bored. I got talking to a lady who was returning home to the uk after 2 years. It just makes you realise just how many people are returning back home.

Colin is staying for the next few months in Australia and tying everything up, also we bought a dog on Christmas Eve so Cody needs to stay out in Oz for as long as he can so we don't have to put him into quarantine, he had his rabies shot a few months ago so fingers crossed his blood tests come back okay.

I have felt unsettled for some time although in all honestly it was getting easier i didn't feel as homesick, as i had met some great neighbours and my kids got on well with theirs. Also i had just been offered another hairdressing job which would have eventually led me to running the salon which would have been a good opportunity. Colin has now settled into his job and was doing more at work so that part was all going good.

For me the hardest thing was not having anyone to look after the children at holiday time, i didn't fancy leaving the boys in on their own, especially with Easter approaching and paying out more in childcare. Colin has to work 2 years before he gets holiday pay which seems to be the norm.

My kids especially Cameron was missing his grandparents, as he had spent alot of time with them with me always working. Arran was not doing no school work and basically telling me that he had no homework or he had completed it at school, which i went along with him. It did eventually come out last week when his form teacher phoned me to say he had done very little work at school, she had left me messages and i had left her messages but i think 6 weeks nearly 7 i should have been informed alot sooner, so i am still not convinced about the education, i think chatting to people in the last few weeks, private schools seem to be the best, such as padua or Balcombe, within our area.

Anyway the kids have loved seeing their grandparents and we have camerons tenth birthday coming up soon, which will be good to spend it with family and friends. I am staying in a familys members house at the moment which is nice, i have spoken to several of my friends already with some more visiting me this week. I had a nice time shopping in Morrisons and Tesco yesterday. The weather has took some getting use to as it has been very cold so it feels strange to be wearing jeans, boots and woolley jumpers.

Cameron and Arwen have got back into their old school they start on Wednesday so i have been out and got the uniform, they will probably have to be assessed to see what standard they are at, but with extra work they will catch up. I am going to see Arrans high school on Wednesday it isn't the one i wanted but the other two high schools are already full up, but again it is a good one with good results. I am hoping chad will be able to start pre-school. I am going for an interview one afternoon this week in a salon and i am going to advertise my mobile business to do aswell, which i am confident i will be able to build it all back up again.

I don't feel a failure or have to admit defeat i feel proud that we had the chance to go to Oz and i feel good that i have had the guts to upsticks and return, some people aren't as lucky as us, and they are trapped in oz for all different sorts of reasons, although some people would not admit to it. My kids seem happier so far and for me their happiness is more important than living by the beach and having sunshine everyday.

I'm hoping we will return in the next few years, we might all feel different about things then, as i love the country, but for now i have goals of my own, i want to go back to college and study again for a new career, so England will be home to us and i will embrace it alot more and appreciate my family and friends more and look forward to my Birthday celebrations coming up.

Good luck to everyone else returning home it is hard but just think positive and do whats best for you and your family. Its nice to live the dream and not the nightmare.

Tania x:wink:

Welcome Home Tania.....

Must a been a huge decision for you to make moving back, but as you noted the kids are happier, and at the end of the day that is what is paramount, no amount of sunshine and beaches can make up for that.

Glad you are getting some work, and hopefully the time will fly by and then you can be reunited with Colin and your dog.

I have read a few of your posts, and like you said you have at least tried Australia, and you can always return later on.

Good luck to your new life.

Cheers

Karen

Guest Mr Happy

Manchester is the scummiest place I've ever been and I've lived in more countries and places than most had hot dinners (RAF family). You certainly lost me.....:eek:

Guest guest36187
Manchester is the scummiest place I've ever been and I've lived in more countries and places than most had hot dinners (RAF family). You certainly lost me.....:eek:

Each to their own tho Mr Happy.

You are entitled to your own opinion, however, this lady has taken the time to update fellow forum posters on what has probably been a difficult time - unless you are here to make trouble.:mad:

Guest roma 1

Welcome home Tania,

Good Luck for the future and thanks for the update ,

All the Best,

Gail, Mark and Francesca xx

Guest gary12

Good for you Tania. Lets hope the time goes really quick until you are back as a family together. For many it's not that they don't like Oz just the pull of family gets too much I can certainly understand that.

best of luck to you all

Michelle

Guest guest17301

I hope things work out for you Tania. Look after yourself and don't underestimate all you've been through. Even though you're home you may still have some tough times but you don't need me to tell you that. Say hello to all our fellow Stokies for me! Take care hun xx

Tania has become a much loved and valued member of the PIO family, because of her welcoming attitude to all new members and for sharing her story with us. Perhaps you didn't mean to make your post come across in such a negative way (and I did think of deleting it).

Glad you've settled back in the UK Tania ... hope it all works out well and you'll soon all be reunited as a family

Guest Hearne_Family

Good on ya Tania, great post, I can understand what you mean about the kids seeing the happiness in their faces must have made it all better for you.

Terry

Good luck Tania, I posted on another thread without realising you had started this one.

I wish you and your family lots of happiness back in the UK with your loving family around you:hug:

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Tania

Wow the forum has been taken over with Tania threads, what is it like being so popular. As stated on the other posts, you are going to be missed over here, however, as long as you and your family are happy then that is all that matters. If Colin wants to get back and you are still waiting for the dog give me a shout maybe it can stay here until ready to fly.

Tell Colin if he needs any help to give me a shout.

Hugs

Kate

Glad the move back has gone well. As you said, it takes a lot to admit things aren't working out in Oz, sometimes more than the decision to move out in the first place, especially given the time/money/effort/tears in getting here. Yes, many are in denial and try and force it to work and only end up going back to the Uk in 20 yeas time. Currently going through all those emotions myself.Who knows where I'll end up!

Good luck for your future Tania, you are right, the children must come first and it's what they want which is most important. That's why we had them in the first place. Pity we never got to meet when you were still in the UK, we only lived down the road in Endon...small small world!

Take Care

Steph, Rich & Hannah

xxx

Guest guest17301
Good luck for your future Tania, you are right, the children must come first and it's what they want which is most important. That's why we had them in the first place. Pity we never got to meet when you were still in the UK, we only lived down the road in Endon...small small world!

Take Care

Steph, Rich & Hannah

xxx

Shes a lovely girl Steph, I can vouch for that as we met up in the UK before I flew out. Her kids are lovely too. Such a complicated business this emigration lark! It's not one size fits all thats for sure. Just shows that all the prep in the world will not prepare you for the reality and everyones experience is so very unique. All in a lifes experience and Tania and co will be enriched/wiser for it.

:hug:Well we'd heard the rumours and have been waiting patiently to hear from you. I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you but at least you can say you tried it rather than always wandering what it would have been like. There can't be any regrets when you do things like this as it can only make you a stronger person and make you look at things in a different perspective. I hope it has been a bit of an adventure for you and that you are all reunited and settled back home soon.

Tracey x

hia hun

what a lovely post xxx i know you have been to hell and back x and you put us all in panic xxxxxxx but at least now you can focus on the future and take each day as it comes x I know i only met you once although we did plenty of cypher chatting in the uk and in melbourne xx the pirority is your kids and i have alot of respect for you and your family that you decided enough was enough !!! cause where do you draw the line !!

I hope you stay on here xx as you are a respected pio member xxxx

although i shall be keeping in touch with you LOL !!!!! and you will be having the BEST SUMMER FOR 50 YEARS !! (APPARENTLY ON THIS MORNINGS NEWS IN MELBOURNE !!) chin up and SMILE and never say never who knows what the future holds xxxxx

Speak soon and take care

lots of love carole xxx

Bless you hun, glad your home safely and happy. Have to say Tania you were always so so positive to everyone when you were waiting on your visa, i really thought youd be ok, but you tried it hun and it wasnt for you and youve come home with your head held high and done what is right for you and your family. You can enjoy life now with your questions of australia answered your not going to sit wondering. glad your happy again welcome home xx:hug:

Guest Koala123

I hope everything goes well for you in the UK. A very heartfelt post. I am feeling very emotional today...! It must be so hard for you. But I really feel you have down the right thing.

Like you said there are things you want to do here - study, kids education and happiness etc. If you hadn't tried life in Australia you would always be wondering what if?!? Good luck Fi x

Well Well Tania, where do I start??? I was going to start with a good telling off.......:realmad: Leaving poor defenseless Colin all on his own........... Then I thought, NO wife NO kids, I bet his having the time of his life, feet on the table, not having to wash up, getting to watch sport, not sharing the TV :jiggy: and most of all NO nagging......

Are you sure he will want to come back???????? :biglaugh:

On a serious note, congratulations for giving it a bash, enjoy your new lease on life, seems thats already started making the most of it and I wish you all luck you need

All the best

Geoffrey

tania good on you and your family you took the chance you tried and for now you decided the uk is where you would all be better off i wish you all the best for your future and please keep us updated

lesley xxxxxxxxx

Hi Tania

Sorry it didnt work out for you and the kids, but kids need to feel safe and secure in their new life. We fly on April 21st and Ross is so looking forward to going he talks about it all the time and has been kept in the loop from sorting visa from the very start it was not something we landed on him.

Hope everything works out for you all take care and I am sure you will meet back up with Kim and co soon xx

Archived