Back in England...................for now anyway

TaniaColin

Manchester is the scummiest place I've ever been and I've lived in more countries and places than most had hot dinners (RAF family). You certainly lost me.....:eek:

Not that it really matters but i never said that i lived in Manchester, i only went to the airport there.

Tania :confused:

Good luck but as Arnie says " youll be back" as for working for 2 years without holiday pay thats bull**** even Howard could not enforce that , there is workplace law as there is in the uk and you do accumalate holidaypay as they go, the firmis bang out of order

Welcome back Tania,sorry it hasnt worked out,or worked out "this" time.

None of us "know" if were going to like it/adapt untill were living there do we?

Reccies are all well and good,but its not "reality" of day to day living is it?

As long as your happy,doesnt matter where you are mate,good luck:wink:

Guest SGKG102

The very best of luck to you and your family Tania. I am sorry that it did not work out for you especially given the journey to get to Oz in the first place what with the house selling and all. I really wish you the very best for the future. Take care and keep us posted.

Karen :hug:

Guest annemarie and brian

Good luck tania and family so sorry will not be meeting you but maybe one day soon,

take care keep us posted.

Annemarie xxx

Wow Tanya,

You made such a brave desision to come back and I for one salute you for that,when we decide to move to Oz we never know what will happen and how it will pan out but it takes a very brave person to say enough is enough.

I'm glad the children are settling back in, mine have been very happy since there return and it's lovely to see them back with their friends and family.

Coming back for us has made us look at our life differently now and we'll embrace what we have in the UK, and retraining is a great start.

I really wish you all the happiness in the world Tanya and hope your family is reunited soon.

Keep smiling, and remember you tried it and thats more than a lot of people can say or to be brave enough to try.

With love

Jackie x x

Guest rayman1

Hi Tania.

Good luck with your return. We are going back after 5 months in Brisbane at the end of March. Wasn't for me and daughter. Wife and son liked it here but can see the advantages of living back in the UK (very expensive here). We too have got the kids back into the old school.

All the best.

Guest Julie Glenn

Wow Tania, it sounds like it has been a tough time for you lately. It is so difficult leaving friends and family when you have to start again and try and make your own friends and kinda "family", nothing can prepare you for that. I have a big family in the UK and I miss them all, although I have just recently wed an australian and took his family on board, its different to what iam used to. I have bin in Oz frm xmas '08' i dont have a job or a car and just 2 english friends! I have loads in the UK, hopefully I will get a job soon, but it will av to be different to what I did in UK, cos thr just isnt that type of work ere on the Mornington Peninsula! You have been brave to bring all your family to Oz and then go bck to the UK, it must of cost you 1,000's altho you wont want to think abt that will you. All your knowledge is wi the UK so you can settle right back in, the weather is a pain, but they can be nice days! I like the winter fashion! U can always get a cheap flight to the Canaries, altho the Euro aint cheap!! U have lots of choices, thats the main thing!! What do you think you have learned from your experience...if any? Great to read your mess...take care and gud luk wi hubby and dog reuniting wi you x

Guest Clairey b

Tania,

It takes alot of courage to admit somewhere just isn't right, and i have so much admiration for you all as it wouldn't be an easy decision to make, so all credit to you. At least you have gone home knowing that you took the opportunity and gave it a good go. Sometimes there are more important things in life to consider as you say rather than just good weather etc. I bet your children will love being at home with all their little friends!

I wish you and your family every happiness back at home.

Claire xx

I hope things work out for you Tania. I hope you and the kids settle back into life in the UK really quickly - it sounds like you are!!

Please keep coming on here and let us know how you are going.

I agree with others about the holiday thing. Doesn't sound right to me hun, Colin needs to push for what is rightfully his.

Love

Rudi

x

oh Tania!! sorry to have lost you for now back to the uk.

I hope you settle down quickly and get back into life. Two huge moved in 6 months will no doubt take their toll, so give yourself time. :hug:

Hope to see you out here again one day:cute:

kelly and co.xxx

This has only made you a stronger person than you were before, for a lot of us it is a very brave thing to Emigrate, a lot of us know and others are yet to find out, and you have done it twice already, you can only do what you think is right for you and your family. Welcome home xx

1 week update

Things are going good up to yet, children are back into school and really enjoying it. Cameron and Arwen have gone back to their old school so it feels like they haven't been away, they were really welcomed back and Arwen has a party invite already. Cameron has got his old best friend yet which is great. Arran has started high school he has only done 1 day so far, but i think he will be okay, it is quite a strict school with old fashioned values so hopefully it will do him good.

I went into a salon yesterday for a trial, i have to phone her on Tuesday to discuss my hours, i think it will be friday and saturday to start off with. I am trying to build my mobile business which i am confident i will do, i have 2 clients already and a few more have said they will come back to me.

It has been nice for my parents to look after the children a bit just to take the pressure off me and it has given me a break.

Today i went into Next and treated myself which is always a bonus. It doesn't feel like i have been to Oz. I caught up with some clients today and it was great chatting again, so roll on next week its my sons tenth birthday and it will be fab celebrating it with family and friends.

Tania x

Guest Julie Glenn

Aaarh, it all sounds like its going gud! Its just like a jigsaw puzzle wi one piece missing, but wen u get to Oz u av to make the jigsaw!! Soo u just slotted back n, like u av neva bin away, Oz will be like a dream! Talkn of dreams, i dream of the UK every nyt!! I do miss the place & love shopn in Next and all the rest that dont exist ere!! Glad its going gud & the kids r enjoyn themselves, all u need now is sum gud weatha...April can b gud!! x

Archived