Onshore Partner Visa Application time frame

Guest skiingbadger

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Sent it this morning, it was received this afternoon! Now just got to wait to hear from them....

Fab that it's finally sent in :) here is hoping it doesn't take too long for you

good luck munro!

How long did it take for people to get a letter or email? Do they sometimes not send one at all? Call me impatient but we sent it off 11 days ago, the money came out 5 days ago, no letter yet though, surely they would have sent the letter out the same day?

Eugh! I've still not heard anything....should I be worried? My tourist visa runs out next month, do I assume I can still stay in the country after that time? Or should I give them a ring? Obviously i have no reference number the only thing i could give them is my passport number.

I lodged my 820 Partner Visa Yesterday and sent it into the Perth Office. Anyone else posted it to Perth? And what was the time frame like?

I still need to do my Police Checks and Medical checks though.

Hey Hallie,

My husband and I took his in on Monday 20/01 to the Perth Office.

No payment has been taken yet, and we have heard nothing - as we just dropped it in the dropbox. His PMV expires on the 1st Feb, so hoping to hear something or at least have the money taken before then!!!

Perfect - thank you!

This is exactly what I have been planning for, but it is great to have some assurance from someone with experience - thank you again!

I have one last question, which may seem silly but I'm not too aware of how marriage & name changing all works... So, when my name changes on marriage and is stated on my marriage certificate as such, shall I then put my 'new' name on my visa application form? Obviously my police checks and passport will be submitted under my maiden name as my name will have only changed 3 weeks prior. Is that standard practice?

Many thanks.

Hey kkr, I think I remember you from the Offshore PMV thread :)

We applied for our 820/801 on Monday 20/01 - hubby's PMV expires on the 1st Feb.

No money take out yet, desperately checking our account.

We're not too concerned about how long the 820 takes, just kind of want that bridging visa and the money to be taken so that my mind is at ease that hubby's fine to stay here til PR's granted. I think the unknown and the uncertainty about being able to be in Aus together while waiting for the PMV has me anxious about the 820/801, which should be pretty straight-forward because he's on the PMV.

I've never wanted someone to TAKE our money so badly in my life hahaha

Hey guys..

i just send send by application Off Last friday,

It has been delivered on monday and payment was taken out today..

I applied in Perth decision ready.. Should be a good sign but heard so often they took the money and then no answer in months, this whole thing is driving me nuts :) but I am really keen to hear from you how it goes, especially from the other Perth applicants :)

good of luck to everyone!!!

Hey guys..

i just send send by application Off Last friday,

It has been delivered on monday and payment was taken out today..

I applied in Perth decision ready.. Should be a good sign but heard so often they took the money and then no answer in months, this whole thing is driving me nuts :) but I am really keen to hear from you how it goes, especially from the other Perth applicants :)

good of luck to everyone!!!

We sent ours off to Perth on the 20th Jan and it arrived this morning (22nd) With next day express delivery! Still no money taken out of the account yet but will keep you posted.

Looking forward to hearing everyone else's timelines from Perth. From what I can gather it seems to be a fairly quick process from there. Keeping my fingers crossed anyway.

Yeah they will take it out this week, give them

about 2 days.. Hopefully Perth is quick in processing, heard lot of stories but also with long waiting times..

you just have to be damn lucky I think :/ where are you from hallie3000?

How much evidence did u send? I sent all the police checks and medicals but now scared that it takes forever and I have to renew them..anyway, let me informed please...what visa are you on atm??

Money has been taken out this morning, checked hubby's emails for him and 820 has been granted!!!! awesome!!! so much for being freaked out with the amount of evidence and not having the bridging visa by the 1st Feb!!!!

So happy!!!!! Hopefully you guys hear soon!

super quick| congrats!

Yeah they will take it out this week, give them

about 2 days.. Hopefully Perth is quick in processing, heard lot of stories but also with long waiting times..

you just have to be damn lucky I think :/ where are you from hallie3000?

How much evidence did u send? I sent all the police checks and medicals but now scared that it takes forever and I have to renew them..anyway, let me informed please...what visa are you on atm??

im currently on a working holiday visa that runs out on the 6th feb. I'm from Oxfordshire in the UK. Where are you from?

We sent about an inch or two thick worth of evidence. What about you?

I was told to wait to do my medical s and police check until your case officer asks for them. So just waiting.

Money has been taken out this morning, checked hubby's emails for him and 820 has been granted!!!! awesome!!! so much for being freaked out with the amount of evidence and not having the bridging visa by the 1st Feb!!!!

So happy!!!!! Hopefully you guys hear soon!

How was your 820 visa granted in like 2 days??? We sent ours at the same time and our money hasn't even come out yet.

I guess being married makes a huge difference.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

im currently on a working holiday visa that runs out on the 6th feb. I'm from Oxfordshire in the UK. Where are you from?

We sent about an inch or two thick worth of evidence. What about you?

I was told to wait to do my medical s and police check until your case officer asks for them. So just waiting.

Im on my second whv which expires February 7th ;)

Yeah I had about 200 sites or so included forms..but sent police check and medicals straight away because I thought its quicker that way, so they can't ask for more, it was decision ready..

just waiting for the bridging visa now so i

can start work again, don't really care if visa takes longer to grant.. Have they taken money out yet?

Archived