Guest guest36187

Hi My mum has been requested to leave Australia so as her 143 visa  can be granted. She is a UK citizen and given the current crisis in the UK, we were wondering if flying to another country is possible? Our fear is once she leave australia, not being able to return. My mum has booked a flight for next Tuesday to the UK  but is very hesitant to go. Would appreciate any info,not speculation and only facts. 

15 minutes ago, Emmastephens1988 said:

Hi My mum has been requested to leave Australia so as her 143 visa  can be granted. She is a UK citizen and given the current crisis in the UK, we were wondering if flying to another country is possible? Our fear is once she leave australia, not being able to return. My mum has booked a flight for next Tuesday to the UK  but is very hesitant to go. Would appreciate any info,not speculation and only facts. 

@KathyN has just been to Singapore briefly. Perhaps she can help?.

4 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

@KathyN has just been to Singapore briefly. Perhaps she can help?.

I have replied to Emma in the Facebook group but for others' benefit I will repeat the steps here: 

1. Book return flights to Singapore that have a short transit period in Singapore.

2. Advise your case officer and asks them if your tickets look alright for your mum to be granted PR before her flight back to Australia. 

3. Your airline will likely contact you for visa documents that allow your mum to travel outside of Australia (as a temporary visa holder) and permit to come back as a PR. 

4. tell the airline of your situation. They will likely make arrangements with Australian Border Force, provided with your case officer's approval and cooperation, to let your mum go through customs in Singapore, then get granted PR before she boards the plane to Singapore. Otherwise she will not be allowed to depart at all. 

5. Then it is just a matter of keeping herself safe on flights, taking health precautions, etc. As a transfer passenger from Australia who does not go out of immigration clearance to enter Singapore, your mum can stay in the transfer terminal of Changi Airport before she gets on the flight back to Australia. 

6. Quarantine in Australia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Flangela100 said:

Hi 

I'm struggling to find a flight UK to Sydney (or Spain to Sydney), although I can see some Qatar flights that transit Adelaide or Perth.

Does anyone know if you can transit through these internal airports?

Cheers

Hi, you must quarantine in the city you arrive in for 14 days, even if you plan to travel elsewhere in Australia. 

• Thanks 1

I need some advice with regards to my parents 143 application - in the check list there is this item "Certified copies of birth certificates of all persons included in
the application" - Can some one please confirm the birth certificates are required just for the applicants (my parents) and not their siblings whose names have been listed as part of the application?

Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, Flangela100 said:

Hi 

I'm struggling to find a flight UK to Sydney (or Spain to Sydney), although I can see some Qatar flights that transit Adelaide or Perth.

Cheers

you would to read up those places. If you land in Perth as an international arrival , you have to do 2 weeks quarantine there then fly to Sydney 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, KathyN said:

I have replied to Emma in the Facebook group but for others' benefit I will repeat the steps here: 

1. Book return flights to Singapore that have a short transit period in Singapore.

2. Advise your case officer and asks them if your tickets look alright for your mum to be granted PR before her flight back to Australia. 

3. Your airline will likely contact you for visa documents that allow your mum to travel outside of Australia (as a temporary visa holder) and permit to come back as a PR. 

4. tell the airline of your situation. They will likely make arrangements with Australian Border Force, provided with your case officer's approval and cooperation, to let your mum go through customs in Singapore, then get granted PR before she boards the plane to Singapore. Otherwise she will not be allowed to depart at all. 

5. Then it is just a matter of keeping herself safe on flights, taking health precautions, etc. As a transfer passenger from Australia who does not go out of immigration clearance to enter Singapore, your mum can stay in the transfer terminal of Changi Airport before she gets on the flight back to Australia. 

Thanks so much KathyN

could you please advise how did you book flight through Flight Centre or Singapore Airlines.

please help..

thank you 

10 hours ago, sdubagunta said:

I need some advice with regards to my parents 143 application - in the check list there is this item "Certified copies of birth certificates of all persons included in
the application" - Can some one please confirm the birth certificates are required just for the applicants (my parents) and not their siblings whose names have been listed as part of the application?

Thanks in advance.

Birth certificates are needed Just for the applicants 

On 01/12/2020 at 16:34, Flangela100 said:

Hi 

Singapore Airlines are flying to Sydney (via Changi) from several UK airports next year - don't know about flights in the immediate future though.  Hopefully, when we get vaccinated, the rules might change with regards to quarantine so it might be worth waiting a few months?

• Thanks 1

On 01/12/2020 at 13:44, Alan Collett said:

I reckon he might be the man to talk with regarding the increasing parent visa backlog as well ...

Best regards.

Just written to him, along with McGowen, Alan Trudge and Peter Dutton. 

Time to treat parent as immediate family, be honest about waiting times and stop the crazy flights to nowhere. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ollie1234 said:

Just written to him, along with McGowen, Alan Trudge and Peter Dutton. 

Time to treat parent as immediate family, be honest about waiting times and stop the crazy flights to nowhere. 

I really like McGowan  but not sure he could help. If he does respond let me know and I will also write.

There is a petition on APH asking for parents  to be included, think this is from travel /visitor restrictions. It has been submitted with over 11000 signatures,  awaiting a response from APH 

On 02/12/2020 at 01:16, KathyN said:

Thanks for your info! 

However I have contacted Singapore Airlines today and they seems to not knowing anything about this and said this is Embassy’s work :( 

3 hours ago, JeremyNg266 said:

Thanks for your info! 

However I have contacted Singapore Airlines today and they seems to not knowing anything about this and said this is Embassy’s work 😞

That is so odd! I remember I only needed to call them to book a return trip on the phone, then about 2 days before my flights Singapore Airlines in Brisbane emailed me about visa documents.

On 03/12/2020 at 13:59, Kathss56 said:

I really like McGowan  but not sure he could help. If he does respond let me know and I will also write.

There is a petition on APH asking for parents  to be included, think this is from travel /visitor restrictions. It has been submitted with over 11000 signatures,  awaiting a response from APH 

McGowens admins said it was a federal issue and pointed me to peter.dutton.mp@aph.gov.au I have yet to receive a response from Peter Dutton or Alan Trudge. Power in numbers, so if anyone is keen to write please do! 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ollie1234 said:

McGowens admins said it was a federal issue and pointed me to peter.dutton.mp@aph.gov.au I have yet to receive a response from Peter Dutton or Alan Trudge. Power in numbers, so if anyone is keen to write please do! 

Thanks. Yep none of us who have written to Tudge have had a reply. Dutton is worse I’m afraid. Will just have to hope Julian Hill MP goes ahead with a private members bill for us