Guest guest36187

8 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

@Alan CollettHi Alan

can you post your news on the family violence bill being passed, relating to the new temp parent visa please.

Hi Kath!   Sure can!

Here is a copy and paste from my blog post on GM Parent Visas (suitably edited).

The Migration Amendment (Family Violence and Other Measures) Bill 2016 has at long last had its second reading in the Senate, and was passed this morning.

Some will recall that this is the legislation that the Federal Government considers is required to pass into law before the long awaited temporary parent visa can become available.

We are anticipating the Bill will become law this week, at which point we can reasonably expect the new temporary parent visa pathway will open.

Hopefully this will be prior to the Parliament rising for the Christmas recess.

The legislation as drafted requires the approval of a sponsor before a visa application is lodged.

The Bill now returns to the House of Representatives for a vote.

If the Bill passes the House without any amendments it should receive Royal Assent and become law, after which the drafting of regulations will be necessary to give it practical effect.

Those who are interested in progressing an application for the new temporary parent visa with our help should feel able to send a PM or an email to me.

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if the approval of a sponsor will take Centrelink 6-8 mths like ours.

If they get priorty it may possibly delay other Parent visas? Doubt they have extra staff for the 20000?  they estimate may apply.

However, it is good news though for those desperate to be with their families.

Edited by Kathss56

1 minute ago, Kathss56 said:

I wonder if the approval of a sponsor will take Centrelink 6-8 mths like ours. If they get priorty it will delay other

Parent visas more. Doubt they have extra staff for the 20000?  they estimate may apply.

However, Good news though for those desperate to be with their families.

The sponsorship approval is done by the Department of Home Affairs - this is not the same process as for the AoS.

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/11/2018 at 07:50, Ashy B said:

I don't check the queue calculator that often but here's the dates/queue lengths since we lodged:

02/09/13 - 21,980

22/04/16 - 16,010

22/11/16 - 14,670

09/03/18 - 12,610

22/11/18 - 10,600

In an ideal world 10,600 in the queue at a rate of 1,500 per year makes it just over 7 years left. However seeing what has been happening; I think it could be another 10 years...

The ever shifting ending is making me lean more towards getting a subclass 600 visa to tide them over.

22 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

@Marilyn can you do me a favour? Have a look at the criteria for 600 as I can’t see anything that relates to 173 or 143 visa applicants. Seems to imply either you haven’t already applied for a parent visa or you’ve applied for 103? 

Obviously will dictate whether I try for it or not! 

HI its a tourist visa and I got info from others in this forum who applied in 2015 and are currently in Australia on an 143 so that was my thought of doing the same in the New Year.

Good news regarding the new temp visa. Has anyone got a link the relevant Home Affairs website page? There used to be a dedicated page, but it’s now disappeared.

I think I am right in saying your child needs to get sponsorship approval first, before you can apply formally for a new visa. And this is all done online via an immi account. Any info would be appreciated as I guess the first years 15k places are going to be snapped up quickly.

10 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Good news regarding the new temp visa. Has anyone got a link the relevant Home Affairs website page? There used to be a dedicated page, but it’s now disappeared.

I think I am right in saying your child needs to get sponsorship approval first, before you can apply formally for a new visa. And this is all done online via an immi account. Any info would be appreciated as I guess the first years 15k places are going to be snapped up quickly.

https://archive.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visi/temporary-sponsored-visa-parents/faq

Feel able to contact me with a PM if you would like to be added to my temporary parent visa database.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RealMVP said:

I got aos letter way back in april. I resubmitted all documents requested by DIBP over 2 months ago now still no news. I'm not sure if i'm the only may applicant 2015 who has not received the 2nd vac. The silence from department is killing me..

Call centre link whether they have submitted aos letter to immigration.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ryan 2017 said:

On 28/11/2018 at 06:38, Kathss56 said:

@Alan CollettHi Alan

can you post your news on the family violence bill being passed, relating to the new temp parent visa please.

Many thanks

10 hours ago, KATE PHUONG LAM said:

Hi All,

FYI 

i just got the 2nd payment request from immi today 🙂

i will send the cheque today , hopefully will PR will be granted soon

Good luck to you all.

How long you have to wait after aos approval dear??

12 hours ago, vicky bajwa said:

How long you have to wait after aos approval dear??

Hi Linda

i applied on 09/04/18  & got it the approval letter on 27/08/18

there is the direct number to the AOS team , which i found on previous post , you can call them directly to ask if your waiting is too long

Luckily , i called them and found out my application had issue, i had to adjust it and submit it again to them.

11 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Anybody have any idea how much the sponsor has to show in household income for the new temporary parent visa? Appears they have to fund anything health related even aged care if necessary. ? 

Maybe similar income as AoS I would have thought. With the annual cost of private ins (mine is £800 per yr) it’s a very expensive visa.  Especially when you can get a 600 valid for up to 3 yrs, makes me think they won’t issue any 600’s without the 12 in 18mth stay condition in the future.

if it’s whilst you await a 143 I think it’s best to wait it out if you can or do a 600 in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Anybody have any idea how much the sponsor has to show in household income for the new temporary parent visa? Appears they have to fund anything health related even aged care if necessary. ? 

At this time there is no indication there will be a requirement for the sponsor to validate his/her income.

I hasten to add that this does not mean there won't be such a requirement.   Until the Department's people in Canberra start drafting/publish the regulations one can never be certain as to what will eventuate ...

Best regards.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, KATE PHUONG LAM said:

Hi Linda

i applied on 09/04/18  & got it the approval letter on 27/08/18

there is the direct number to the AOS team , which i found on previous post , you can call them directly to ask if your waiting is too long

Luckily , i called them and found out my application had issue, i had to adjust it and submit it again to them.

What's that number to contact AOS team? Anyways congrats. Thanks