Guest guest36187

I hesitate about predicting timelines for communications from the PVC, as I can make myself a hostage to fortune.
Nevertheless, I recommend you work on the basis that visa grant will happen, and should take place by Xmas.
Given your timeline I think there is also merit in enquiring of the PVC whether you can progress the AoS.   I have a client application lodged at the beginning of Dec 2014 where an AoS request was issued in early July.
Remember that a watched pot never boils, and all good things come to those who wait!
Best regards.

My lodgement date was the 1st Dec 2014. I received my invitation to supply further details at the beginning of July. Having heard nothing from Centrelink for several weeks I asked my sponsor to contact them. A coincidence or not, my sponsor was interviewed within the following week and we are now awaiting a letter from Centrelink regarding the payment of the AOS bond.

This morning I have had an email from DIBP asking for further info which boils down to the lodgement of the AOS. At some point we should get a letter of acceptance for the AOS which we have been asked to scan back to DIBP. THEN, we have to await a formal written request to pay the second VAC. Still a few weeks away yet I reckon but the essence of this thread is to phone up and chase Centrelink.

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

I hesitate about predicting timelines for communications from the PVC, as I can make myself a hostage to fortune.

Nevertheless, I recommend you work on the basis that visa grant will happen, and should take place by Xmas.

Given your timeline I think there is also merit in enquiring of the PVC whether you can progress the AoS.   I have a client application lodged at the beginning of Dec 2014 where an AoS request was issued in early July.

Remember that a watched pot never boils, and all good things come to those who wait!

Best regards.

11 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

Thank you again for your help and advice. I hope your presence here drums up support for Go Matilda as It is great reassurance having someone so knowledgeable around!.

I have today had my invitation to get medicals and police checks plus AOS started. Yippee ( I think )  as now have to finance the 2nd vac and house sale is messy.

Thanks again

Geoff

• Like 7

Hi All ,

Our lodgement was 18th December 2014 ( not 14th as I have on my timeline) and we have today had our invitation email.

Meds/ Police/ Aos  ......after a long wait its happening !

I found this forum only a few months ago but thank you to all for the information offered and stories shared.

Any newcomers , there is great support here !!

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, gafuk said:

Hi Alan,

Thank you again for your help and advice. I hope your presence here drums up support for Go Matilda as It is great reassurance having someone so knowledgeable around!.

I have today had my invitation to get medicals and police checks plus AOS started. Yippee ( I think )  as now have to finance the 2nd vac and house sale is messy.

Thanks again

Geoff

Hi gafuk, so it's started moving for you at last.  Don't stress too much about the second vac - my AoS was finalised 4 months ago, and I still haven't been asked for the  second vac yet.  So you probably have quite a while to get the finance in place.  

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

Hi gafuk, so it's started moving for you at last.  Don't stress too much about the second vac - my AoS was finalised 4 months ago, and I still haven't been asked for the  second vac yet.  So you probably have quite a while to get the finance in place.  

Thanks Catlady that helps, especially no need to panic about the house.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gafuk said:

Thanks Catlady that helps, especially no need to panic about the house.:rolleyes:

I became homeless when my house completed on 22nd June.   I expected to be living in my sister's house for only a month, or two months at the most.  However, it'll be three months soon and I'm still waiting for that final step.  It's almost impossible to get the timing right.  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

I became homeless when my house completed on 22nd June.   I expected to be living in my sister's house for only a month, or two months at the most.  However, it'll be three months soon and I'm still waiting for that final step.  It's almost impossible to get the timing right.  

Its so difficult to judge. If we sell to early we have to rent or burden relatives, to late and risk starting over or a bridging loan £££ . If we get the house sold we have decided to go on holiday to eat up the time.   It will all be worth it in the end, waves lapping on the white sand, babysitting,try and fing a job, a house, medicare forms and more... yes itll all be worth it

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Best regards.

Hi Alan, I've heard some news that in this November, the immigration won't receive any contribute parents visa anymore, they will only accept the 5 years, 10 years visa. Is that right? sorry about my English

16 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

That timeline doesn't sound quite right to me ... while I'm not wholly across your file I would have thought you should have had a request to pay the second VAC by now.

Best regards.

• Like 1

I might try this luggage tip. Sports direct bags weigh 1kg. Large suitcase weighs a lot more. Then use plastic vacuum bags for your clothes with silica gel packs in them. Every kg spare helps!

Especially since my 40kg allowance has gone down to 30kg with Qatar as I haven't been going to Oz twice a year whilst saving, they have put my privilege club has gone down a grade ?

IMG_0567.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

That timeline doesn't sound quite right to me ... while I'm not wholly across your file I would have thought you should have had a request to pay the second VAC by now.

Best regards.

I spoke to my agents again yesterday and expect to get the 2nd vac request any day now. But they do say that applications at the moment are generally taking about 3 months from finalisation of the AoS to grant of visa and at this stage DIBP don't seem to be dealing with cases in strict date order either.  I'm over a month past that 3-months general timescale but I suppose i could be unlucky enough to have had my application allocated to a very slow Case Officer?  

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bre said:

Can you ask for more time? How does the department expect you to make such a big payment in 28 days?

There is nothing stopping you asking for a further 28 days, and I would expect this to be agreed.

However, in my experience most CP visa applicants are well aware they have a large payment to make to the Department of Immigration, and have made arrangements to have funds available in anticipation of the request being issued. 

Best regards.

12 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

28 days.

Best regards.

5 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

There is nothing stopping you asking for a further 28 days, and I would expect this to be agreed.

However, in my experience most CP visa applicants are well aware they have a large payment to make to the Department of Immigration, and have made arrangements to have funds available in anticipation of the request being issued. 

Best regards.

Thanks Alan!

Our application was lodged on 6/6/2016. Can you roughly estimate when our visa will be granted?

7 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

I'd expect it to be a 2020 visa grant based on presently available info.

Maybe keep a lookout for info about the new temporary parent visa, if you want to be living in Australia sooner.

Best regards.

Also, 

Like to know what is the gestation period between the Aos and Final Instalment of the Ca143 visa?

Thanks