Guest guest36187

Hi everyone

Just thought I would give an update - which has left me quite stunned !!!. After only 3 weeks on the market I have accepted an offer on my house. Yesterday I was allocated a Case Officer who has requested medicals and they wish to finalise my application before 30 June. I just cannot believe how this is all working so well. I thought I would not get a Case Officer for several more months. My daughter was saying that June is the end of the financial year and they will be pushing through as many as possible to get the figures up and also get more money in.

Cath

Fantastic news Cath. If it goes like it did for us, everything will progress very quickly now. All the best! Angie

Me again! :biggrin:

My parents have lodged an application for the 173. Are they able to switch this application to the 143 as they haven't yet been allocated a case officer? They previously thought it would be better to have split payments, but now are thinking of selling up and coming over on a tourist visa whilst they wait for their parent visa to be granted - which means they'll have the capital to pay for the 143 in one go now.

Me again! :biggrin:

My parents have lodged an application for the 173. Are they able to switch this application to the 143 as they haven't yet been allocated a case officer? They previously thought it would be better to have split payments, but now are thinking of selling up and coming over on a tourist visa whilst they wait for their parent visa to be granted - which means they'll have the capital to pay for the 143 in one go now.

Hi, I would stick with the 173. You can upgrade it to the 143 as soon as you like once you have the 173 and that one can be done onshore and its usually quick too. You might have to start all over again if you switch.

​Hope this helps, Val

Hi, I would stick with the 173. You can upgrade it to the 143 as soon as you like once you have the 173 and that one can be done onshore and its usually quick too. You might have to start all over again if you switch.

​Hope this helps, Val

Ah ok then, thought they kept their place in the queue! They applied in August last year so they won't want to go to the back again! They are desperate to get out here now, house is going on the market in July & they want to be here for Christmas.

Guest Cathwotherspoon
Hi Cath

That is very nice news

Congratulation!

Please can you tell me for which visa 173 or 143 and when you applied for visa?

I have applied for 173 and will upgrade to 143 sometime after arriving in Australia. I applied in June 2012

Many thanks to everyone for the good wishes.

Cath

Guest guest72525

Congratulations Cath! My parents' date of acknowledgement (for a 143) was the day before yours so I am hoping that something will happen soon for us!

Did you receive anything from DIAC before hearing from your case officer last week (as some people were notified to get medicals etc done as they would have a CO within 4 months)? And did you get an email or a physical letter from your CO, please?

I note there are a lot of gaps in the visa tracker - am hoping that this doesn't mean that Cath's isn't an isolated case of early CO allocation for the sake of the rest of us who are waiting...!

​Michelle

Guest Cathwotherspoon
Congratulations Cath! My parents' date of acknowledgement (for a 143) was the day before yours so I am hoping that something will happen soon for us!

Did you receive anything from DIAC before hearing from your case officer last week (as some people were notified to get medicals etc done as they would have a CO within 4 months)? And did you get an email or a physical letter from your CO, please?

I note there are a lot of gaps in the visa tracker - am hoping that this doesn't mean that Cath's isn't an isolated case of early CO allocation for the sake of the rest of us who are waiting...!

​Michelle

Hi Michelle

This is the first I have heard from DIAC since acknowledgement. Their email came out of the blue as I was not expecting to hear until at least August at the earliest.

They asked that I get medicals, police clearance etc. Can't quite figure out how they work things as there are a lot of gaps on the tracker.

Hope your folks hear soon

Cath

​Michelle

Michelle,

Our 143 acknowledgement was on 12.4.2012. We had an email from PVC on 25.4.2013 stating they had 'commenced processing our CPVs' and requesting Health & Police checks, progress on AoS and form 80s. We were given 28 days to respond. The email contained an attachment purporting to come from 'the officer responsible for processing this application' though this, as the email, simply came from PVC TEAM 2.

Regards

​Mike

Guest guest72525

Thanks Cath and Mike. Like Cath, we were expecting August - who knows what will happen??? My parents have done their medicals and are awaiting their police clearances. Watch this space....

Guest piramida
Hi Cath

My experience was that the Medical Centre I went to could not do it without the HAPD number (it was the centre in London). I had submitted a paper application to DIAS I do not know if that makes a difference. Given my time again I would phone around and find a centre that would do it early.

Best wishes Moira

Hi Moira,

I see that you and me have very similar case with medical like me. I had submitted a paper Medical application to DIAS. I give Envelop with Medical exam to Australian Embassy, and now I have to wait so long. Please can you tell me what was problem for long time waiting in your case. I think this my case never finish. Thank you very much

​Lepa

Hi Moira,

I see that you and me have very similar case with medical like me. I had submitted a paper Medical application to DIAS. I give Envelop with Medical exam to Australian Embassy, and now I have to wait so long. Please can you tell me what was problem for long time waiting in your case. I think this my case never finish. Thank you very much

​Lepa

Hi Lepa

The panel doctor I saw sent the results of my medical to DIAC over the Internet. I think it took nearly 2 months before I heard that I had got my visa. I don't think there was a particular reason for them to take that long. It does end finally.

​best wishes Moira

Hi Everyone

I and my husband are applicants for 143. Acknowledgment letter of Jan 2013 says to commence character verification in Nov 2013 and health checks in Jan 2014. I understand that one more email emanates from PVC when actually the above are required and then only one should get them done. Am I correct? I will be happy to hear from the members of the forum their experience on this point. Any collateral information is welcome.

In the meanwhile there has been a change in our circumstances as my husband has got a three year contract with an international organization here in London. He does not want to let it go because this exposure and experience will be helpful later on in Oz if he decides to work there.I have some questions on which any help will be welcome.

1] I will go in the normal course as and when my turn comes in 14-16 months.My husband does not wish to proceed with visa along with me. Withdrawl by co-applicant does not lead to withdrawal of the original application??

2] Can my husband who is co-applicant make a request that in his case the CO should not be appointed before April 2016.If it is requested I hope that our application shall not be cancelled as withdrawn and my husband can remain a valid applicant as per our original application of Jan 2013.

3] One of my Pom friend in Oz advised that my husband should apply for conversion to visa 103 by filing fresh application and pay the prescribed fee requesting retention of queue/turn as per January 2013 application. As and when he is ready to move in April/May 2016 he can again apply for conversion back to 143. Only downside is that he will have to pay the fee twice while the upside is that the conversion from 103 to 143 will be quick. I don't know how practical is this advice.

I look forward to know the views of others and if any one has similar experience then what was the outcome.

With warm wishes

​MMANT

Edited by mmant

Parents applied for a 173 in August 2012, on the application they included my sister as a non migrating dependant (she's 20) - but said that she was living in Australia with my brother (the sponsor) on a student visa and studying at Perth university. Since then she's returned to England and is now planning on going to uni there with no intentions to return to Australia at the moment.

Would you file a change of circumstance form in this case?

Hello mmant.

Before you start contemplating removing your husband from the visa application you should be aware of the inability to then sponsor him for 5 years - from the DIAC Parent Migration booklet, bottom of page 7 (http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1129.pdf):

If you have a married or de facto partner, and you are considering applying for a contributory parent category visa, you should include your partner as a migrating family member in your visa application. If you choose not to include your partner in your visa application, and you are then granted a contributory parent category visa, you may not be able to sponsor your partner under partner migration for 5 years.

=> Maybe continue with the subclass 143 application, with your husband to validate his visa upon grant, but does not then make the permanent move straightaway?

Re the procedure from here: you can expect the DIAC case officer to contact you asking for medicals, police clearance checks, and the progressing of the Assurance of Support process about 10 to 12 months following the submission of your visa application. Any other documents that have not been already submitted and that are required by DIAC will be requested at the same time.

Best regards.

Edited by Alan Collett

http://guidesacts.fahcsia.gov.au/guides_acts/ssg/ssguide-9/ssguide-9.4/ssguide-9.4.3/ssguide-9.4.3.30.html

Income requirement for assurers ...

See the Centrelink site for Newstart Allowance rates.

Remember also that you can use a Pty Limited with no income as a corporate assurer - my previous postings on this subject refer.

Best regards.

Hello mmant.

Before you start contemplating removing your husband from the visa application you should be aware of the inability to then sponsor him for 5 years - from the DIAC Parent Migration booklet, bottom of page 7 (http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1129.pdf):

If you have a married or de facto partner, and you are considering applying for a contributory parent category visa, you should include your partner as a migrating family member in your visa application. If you choose not to include your partner in your visa application, and you are then granted a contributory parent category visa, you may not be able to sponsor your partner under partner migration for 5 years.

=> Maybe continue with the subclass 143 application, with your husband to validate his visa upon grant, but does not then make the permanent move straightaway?

Re the procedure from here: you can expect the DIAC case officer to contact you asking for medicals, police clearance checks, and the progressing of the Assurance of Support process about 10 to 12 months following the submission of your visa application. Any other documents that have not been already submitted and that are required by DIAC will be requested at the same time.

Best regards.

Dear Allan

Thank you indeed for your prompt response. My Husband is not looking forward to me to sponsor him as partner some time in future [after 5 years]. The issue at present is that if he withdraws now then can he come to Oz on 143 in 2016 either on the basis of current application visa grant sometime in june 2016 or will he have to make fresh application for 143 again in 2015-16. Your point to obtain visa now in usual course and to validate it quickly and not move permanently before 2016 is well taken. Please also advise if request for delay in appointment of the CO for one of the two applicants is maintainable or not. Many Thanks.

Regards

MMANT

Hello again mmant.

I think it is highly improbable that you will be able to delay a visa decision for 3 years.

I also think that asking DIAC to withdraw your husband from the visa application is likely to be more troublesome than simply continuing with the existing application and him validating it upon grant in the way I have described above.

Remember also that Visa Application Charges for this subclass of visa tend to increase by a couple of '000 $'s per applicant each year => another reason to continue with the present application.

Best regards.

Yes, I think this should be advised to DIAC given the balance of family requirements attaching to parent visa applications.

Best regards.

Thanks for answering that for me.

I've just been going through the information that's changed, and virtually the whole of the form 47A that they submitted for my sister "Details of child or other dependant family member aged 18 years or over" is now totally incorrect. Can they submit a whole new form or withdraw this form (saying she's no longer dependant) or do they have to try and fit all the changes on the notification form?