Guest guest36187

We went to the one in Manchester earlier this year - fantastic guys! They even gave my husband a copy of his x-ray on a CD! The doctor also rang him at home to warn him about his blood sugar being a little high, recommended to see our own doctor to get medication upgraded.. They're brilliant and have our highest recommendation!

Oh thanks, that's reassuring.

Visa Evidencing

Hi everyone when I got the email to say a needed to pay 2nd VAC they also asked which overseas mission I would get my visa evidencing of the visa grants into my passport.

I email Australia House in London to see if we could send the passports or would we have to go in in person, the reply I got was that they no longer put a label in your passport it is all done though your passport number, I emailed my CO just to check this was the case and she replied that yes, some countries have started to use the electronic number system which includes the UK, but she did say that we can still get the label put in the passport if we wish as some people including me like the piece of mind knowing it is there. I just have to follow the instructions on the visa grant letter when we get it.

Maybe some of you knew this already but I didn't and I like hard proof that it there before I go to the airport.

Wilma

We wish people in Queensland the best of luck with the pending cyclone. Sadly news in South Africa barely mentiones the cyclone - the siutuation in Egypt takes centre stage at the momnent - expecially in Africa.

Best wishes to all

Ernest

Visa Evidencing

Hi everyone when I got the email to say a needed to pay 2nd VAC they also asked which overseas mission I would get my visa evidencing of the visa grants into my passport.

I email Australia House in London to see if we could send the passports or would we have to go in in person, the reply I got was that they no longer put a label in your passport it is all done though your passport number, I emailed my CO just to check this was the case and she replied that yes, some countries have started to use the electronic number system which includes the UK, but she did say that we can still get the label put in the passport if we wish as some people including me like the piece of mind knowing it is there. I just have to follow the instructions on the visa grant letter when we get it.

Maybe some of you knew this already but I didn't and I like hard proof that it there before I go to the airport.

Wilma

Hi

You don't need the label to get into Australia. However, I found it useful once I arrived to prove that I had permanet resident status to RTA, estate agents for property rental etc. I know that some others found the label unnecessary but it helped me. It is so easy to get the label so why risk any hassle?

Charlie

Visa Evidencing

Wilma

Hi Wilma,

We have just in the last week sent our passports together with a copy of our Visa Grant Letter together with a stamped addressed envelope as per the instructions in the reply email as follows

Dear Barbara

Thank you for your enquiry. If you would like a visa label placed in your passport you can queue for assistance at the counter between 9:00am and 11:00am from Monday to Friday except for public holidays as observed by the Australian High Commission.

Alternatively you can post your passports and a stamped, self addressed envelope to:

Migration Branch

Australian High Commission

Strand London WC2B 4LA

Hope this helps. For the cost of a couple of stamps we now have a visible label in our passports.

Visa Evidencing

Wilma

Hi Wilma

For us, that label was the focus of great excitement (we don't get out much admittedly), and visible, tangible proof of where all that money went. It's the same reason I prefer turning the pages of a book rather than reading a screen. Join with me in resisting the electronic erosion of our extraordinary organic senses. Get a label!

Right - back to my spreadsheets.

Best wishes

Steve

I know what you mean Steve we have waited, what seems a long time for THE LABEL so I want it there just for my own satisfaction, even if we dont need it !!

Thanks Wilma

Its a lovely big label and covers a whole page. Makes you feel legal....... Someone who hasn't got access to a chip checker might want to see it and you don't want to carry your letter around all the time!

Best Wishes to you and we are off to Perth 24th Feb and getting excited now it is only 21 sleeps

Barbara N:jiggy:

Hi there Barbara

Hope you have a safe journey will look forward to hearing about it on here.

We will hopefully be leaving in the summer off to the Gold Coast to see my Grand Daughter for the first time, in the flesh so to speak, she was 1 in January, cant wait.

Wilma x

Our little label has cost about £60,000 - no way did we want an empty passport! We got our label without asking - posted the passports Wed evening and got them back Fri morning (unbelievable!) - I cried when we got them, I was so happy! 18 months of agony and a small fortune - it's well worth it!!

Its a lovely big label and covers a whole page. Makes you feel legal....... Someone who hasn't got access to a chip checker might want to see it and you don't want to carry your letter around all the time!

Best Wishes to you and we are off to Perth 24th Feb and getting excited now it is only 21 sleeps

Barbara N:jiggy:

So exciting! Maybe we will see you there. We are hoping to get our CO around June, maybe sooner and will be visiting our new granddaughter.

Hi there Barbara

We will hopefully be leaving in the summer off to the Gold Coast to see my Grand Daughter for the first time, in the flesh so to speak, she was 1 in January, cant wait.

Wilma x

Hi Wilma you must be beside yourself wanting to cuddle that little one. We are due our first grandchild at the end of June. All planned I might add - can't wait to be a Nanna. We have such a lot to look forward to.

To those that are paying their final vac at the moment the pain of the exchange rate does go away when you start planning your exit. Sitting surrounded by brown boxes and the anticipation is so exciting yet unbelievable. The waiting and journey is coming to an end or is the BEGINNING? Good Luck Wilma x

Guest sirmatt101
Hi

You don't need the label to get into Australia. However, I found it useful once I arrived to prove that I had permanet resident status to RTA, estate agents for property rental etc. I know that some others found the label unnecessary but it helped me. It is so easy to get the label so why risk any hassle?

Charlie

I quite agree with that as we have only been here one week & several people have looked at the visa labels including Centrelink! Its saved a lot of hassle.

Cheers

Matt

Thank you so much Barbara we cant wait to hold Sacha for the first time Skype and photos are great but you just want to touch her.

Good luck with your Grandchild hope all goes well.

Wilma x

I agree with that. One of the things which spurred us on was the thought of being able to spend time with our first grandchild, due in May. It's hard, as we will be leaving our son behind in the UK (hopefully he will follow in due course). But we figured, you can't get that time back again with the little one. I can't wait and seem to spend all my time in Mothercare at the moment - inbetween decluttering!

Good luck with the new baby Linday

Where you headed?

My 2 girls are 16 and 14 so there was no chance of them not going,thank god !

My husband had 2 boys from his first marriage, they went over to OZ with their Mother some 20 odd years ago,after visiting oz for one of the boys weddings in 2004, we decided to make to move too.

Guest mombie58@hotmail.com
Hi there Barbara

Wilma x

hello WIlma - (Clubby!)

I keep opening up PIO and seeing your pic................I used to have a cocker spaniel just like yours - he was such a character - are you able to take him with you? he has a typical cocker pose - doesn't he - spaniel eyes!

my granddaughter was born on january 6th - and they live on the gold coast too! a new one is due in june - we will be busy when we get there in april

take care

audie