Guest guest36187

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering:

1) if everyone here had to wait pretty close to two years before getting their applications processed

2) if everyone who got an acknowledgement letter got a case officer? (Emails I got have a name and position number)

Thanks!

This is an extract from the weekly email from parents@gov.au.

"OFFSHORE APPLICATIONS (subclass 143/173)

Your application will be processed according to the order of lodgement date and once your application has been assigned to an assessing officer, they will contact you.

Please be assured that the department will endeavour to finalize your application as quickly as possible.

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents including but not limited to Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalize your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 23 May 2014 (no change from last week)."

So, as you can see, it's currently well over 24 months. Looking at people's timelines, it's closer to 26 months. You can send a blank email to parents.gov.au, just putting Test as the subject, and you will get an automated response giving the latest processing times. I send a test email once a week or fortnightly but it doesn't do any good to start stressing over the processing time - it's how it is and there's nothing you can do to speed it up. When I applied, it was 18 months but that has been stretching and stretching, so it will probably lengthen even more.

Quick update for those still in the waiting room. After 10 days in Perth we have secured a rental, and move in on Wednesday, purchased a small run about car, purchased a Nissan Pathfinder, bought new furniture, new white goods, ordered new phones & broadband, been asked to leave a beach in Scarborough, as we were walking our sons dog, on the wrong beach! yep been busy, but it also took our thoughts away from the slow moving IMMI progress :wink:

Edited by AlanSteel

Quick update for those still in the waiting room. After 10 days in Perth we have secured a rental, and move in on Wednesday, purchased a small run about car, purchased a Nissan Pathfinder, bought new furniture, new white goods, ordered new phones & broadband, been asked to leave a beach in Scarborough, as we were walking our sons dog, on the wrong beach! yep been busy, but it also took our thoughts away from the slow moving IMMI progress :wink:

Hi Alan

you have been busy, I've just taken a second to sit down on the last remaining sofa in the house. Removal men everywhere! Made me smile about the dog. We will also be dog walkers so will have to take note! As you say all of this really does take your mind off the waiting.

Julie

Here's something else to think about - just heard that an amateur weather forecaster says the southeast of England won't be getting a summer this year, apart from 2 weeks in July! I bet you don't wish you were here, hahahaha.

Hi Alan,

Glad to hear your settling in to you new life, perhaps you could answer a couple of questions for me.

You say you have bought a car, can you tell me if your able to do that on a temporary visa and holding a British driving licence, and register it, and insure it in your name, before you get your 143 visa granted.

Hi Alan

Glad to hear you are getting sorted, hopefully your visa will be through shortly. Not sure if you have answered this query earlier, but have you been asked for the form 80, if so at what stage?

I am flying out in November and hope we can meet for a drink and I can download your experiences and recommendations on various matters........cheeky I know.........but experience helps,

Hi Alan

Glad to hear you are getting sorted, hopefully your visa will be through shortly. Not sure if you have answered this query earlier, but have you been asked for the form 80, if so at what stage?

I am flying out in November and hope we can meet for a drink and I can download your experiences and recommendations on various matters........cheeky I know.........but experience helps,

Hi, we haven't been asked for anything yet but requested form 80, and completed these a few weeks back. Gone all in, going to look rather foolish if we are refused now :elvis:

Happy to meet for a drink anytime!

Hi Alan,

Glad to hear your settling in to you new life, perhaps you could answer a couple of questions for me.

You say you have bought a car, can you tell me if your able to do that on a temporary visa and holding a British driving licence, and register it, and insure it in your name, before you get your 143 visa granted.

Hi, so far we have done everything on visitor visa, and only had to show either driving license or passport to prove who we are. We are paying 6 months rent upfront, which in a stalled rental market, added massive sway to our lease agreement! By the way, thats not my opinion of the rental market, this was said by 3 of the 5 real estate agents we met!

Hello Fisher, interesting to hear that you are back in North Wales! I have just come back from a 5 day trip around there (Llandudno, Criccieth, Port Merrion, Bala), making the most of my time still in the UK to visit the many beautiful places that we have here. My visa is still at least 18 months away and, apparently getting further away by the minute with all the Immi delays.

With the EU referendum coming up, and the BREXIT talk of adopting an Australian points system to address the immigration "problem" (as they see it) here, it really makes me want to laugh. If only they really knew the problems such a system can cause, as we all know so well. It actually makes me very cross to think that Australia can be so picky and only really want the young, totally healthy, skilled migrants. It is such a discriminatory system and the fact that I may be turned down from joining my children if I have any health problems really worries me. And that is to say nothing of the price that Australia requires us to pay in order to get the visa!

Hi all. I am beginning to feel my 'drama queen' propensity has kicked in. An underlying heart condition kicked in due to the stress doc reckons and I have been under medical care for a week but getting better. Our sons uk police check through up a problem - some trouble he got into without our knowledge - he didn't want to admit to it as knew pain it would cause - stupid boy knew we would understand but didn't want to hurt us after all this time as happened when he was 14/15. So now Immi making us wait up to 40 days for further info on the details of the warning Harri received even though they freely admit won't affect our meeting criteria and is just a formality. Looks like my husbands job offer he had lined up is going to be withdrawn. Well positive note is one less family skeleton in the cupboard to find and at least I have had medical and passed before this recent relapse. Kim

Hello Fisher, interesting to hear that you are back in North Wales! I have just come back from a 5 day trip around there (Llandudno, Criccieth, Port Merrion, Bala), making the most of my time still in the UK to visit the many beautiful places that we have here. My visa is still at least 18 months away and, apparently getting further away by the minute with all the Immi delays.

With the EU referendum coming up, and the BREXIT talk of adopting an Australian points system to address the immigration "problem" (as they see it) here, it really makes me want to laugh. If only they really knew the problems such a system can cause, as we all know so well. It actually makes me very cross to think that Australia can be so picky and only really want the young, totally healthy, skilled migrants. It is such a discriminatory system and the fact that I may be turned down from joining my children if I have any health problems really worries me. And that is to say nothing of the price that Australia requires us to pay in order to get the visa!

Just want to point out that the 'price' of the visa, is there because as retirees moving to OZ it's unlikely that anyone has contributed towards Medicare, and it theoretically goes towards health care costs that become potentially more expensive the older you are and therefore needing Medicare.

Some good news for my fellow May 2014 applicants. My mom just got her visa grant email!!!! I thought we had missed this financial year (I know it's only a couple of weeks away at any case but still). So it's all systems go! Very excited!

That's awesome! Can I ask how long after you paid the 2nd VAC did you wait until you got the email? It's been 2.5 weeks for us ....still waiting!

That's awesome! Can I ask how long after you paid the 2nd VAC did you wait until you got the email? It's been 2.5 weeks for us ....still waiting!

We sent the 2nd VAC on the 24th of May. According to the tracking number it arrived on the 26th of May. The email just came a few hours ago to say it was granted. :)

Edited by Trevncrys

Hi all. I am beginning to feel my 'drama queen' propensity has kicked in. An underlying heart condition kicked in due to the stress doc reckons and I have been under medical care for a week but getting better. Our sons uk police check through up a problem - some trouble he got into without our knowledge - he didn't want to admit to it as knew pain it would cause - stupid boy knew we would understand but didn't want to hurt us after all this time as happened when he was 14/15. So now Immi making us wait up to 40 days for further info on the details of the warning Harri received even though they freely admit won't affect our meeting criteria and is just a formality. Looks like my husbands job offer he had lined up is going to be withdrawn. Well positive note is one less family skeleton in the cupboard to find and at least I have had medical and passed before this recent relapse. Kim

Hi Kim, really sorry you have had so much stress to make you ill, hopefully the time will pass quickly now to getting your visa and your son must be relieved that you now know and can put it behind you, and you passed your medical!

Enjoy your view and think calm thoughts, it will all work out I am sure.

Sue

Best wishes Kim, stay strong and healthy!

The good news today is, we have moved into our new home in Connelly. First backwards step also today, Optus have now decided to decline our request for internet and phone services, which as we had been approved via an on-line salesman, was unexpected. They don't say why, but I suspect it's the fact we are on a visitors visa! Not to worry, upwards and onwards!

3442167-12.jpg

3442167-01.jpg

3442167-02 (1).jpg

3442167-11.jpg

3442167-01.jpg

3442167-02 (1).jpg

3442167-11.jpg

3442167-12.jpg

The good news today is, we have moved into our new home in Connelly. First backwards step also today, Optus have now decided to decline our request for internet and phone services, which as we had been approved via an on-line salesman, was unexpected. They don't say why, but I suspect it's the fact we are on a visitors visa! Not to worry, upwards and onwards!

Looks fab! You lucky lucky things! A minor setback re the broadband, as you say, and I suspect it won't be too much longer before you're no longer a "visitor", so that issue should resolve pretty soon.

gosh that was quick Steely, looks really nice, not far from us in Jindalee or to the golf club or Joondalup shops .How cold it is here at night that fire looks good too. Try telstra for your internet, sometimes you have to bite the bullet , we did, got optus for the mobiles and they are useless. Just have a problem with them over the EPL next season. happy new home to you both.

Looks like a really nice place -- I'm envious!

Regarding broadband etc. and FWIW, I have a prepaid Telstra 4G device ($99 with initial 3GB/30day bundle) that I use for Internet access and to connect my Australian 'landline' phone number to my Android smartphone. It's easy to get a VoIP account and hardware that'll give you an Australian 'landline' (I have a Melbourne number that gets to me anywhere in the World with an Internet connection!) Overseas providers (e.g. https://www.localphone.com/) don't even need to run the identity checks that most Aus providers do. https://whirlpool.net.au/ is a good place to start looking for Australian providers (look for SIP providers). Nowadays, 4G is good enough in many areas that you don't need a landline or wired broadband unless you do a lot of streaming and you can have the advantage of taking your landline around with you!

HTH

Guest geordie joe

Hi Alan,

We're in Jindalee and had no issues signing up to Telstra on a visitors visa, went into their branch in Clarkson and the young lady there sorted it all out.

Joe

@AlanSteel - if you don't like bugs then don't forget to book bug sprayers - we pay about $150 twice a year. Also go to Bunnings - my husband loves Bunnings - staff know his name at local store!! - buy the strongest spray - says may cause numbness for few hours if comes in contact with skin!! You will need to do postbox regularly and the red backs love that railing you have. My sister was bitten by red back - luckily no severe reaction and brother in law bitten by male red back through his work boots - less reaction caused by male I believe but apparently very painful. On collecting mail from my box for first time I felt something on my arm and was red back crawling along - luckily I shook my arm and it fell off. Also the massive big spiders love to live in bathrooms behind mirrors and cupboards so check out with plenty of spray. Also snakes love the pool filters so make sure got good cover. Once done you can be assured you are the only occupants of your beautiful new home. if you are going to grow flowers, produce in garden you will need net fencing as the kangas will invade as consider you are offering free lunch. PS look on gumtree as usually can find loads free wood for that fire - we have never bought wood here - you will need to collect it Kim