Guest guest36187

Hi sadge

yes I was wondering what a HAP number is too. I suppose it's not an abbreviation of happy then? I also had a position number on my acknowledgment ... Mine is 00003480 ... I though maybe it was something to do with the person who processed our application, like their staff number or something. On reflection that was a bit daft.

We must have received our HAP numbers when we had our acknowledgment letter on 3rd November 2014. All had to be completed within 12 months from 12 th May 2014. It would be nice and wouldn't take more than a few seconds for an email to say medicals are ok or not. Feel that we have wasted 2 years of our lives not knowing anything.

Therein lies the issue with the pre-issued checklist approach the PVC used to take.

With a visa application acknowledgment letter issued in November 2014 and a processing timeline of 22 to 24 months for a subclass 143 application it is probable your medical examinations (which have a validity period of 12 months) will expire before visas are granted.

If your application was lodged in May 2014 it will be touch and go whether your visas are granted and your can enter Australia before the medicals expire.

Best regards.

Edited by Alan Collett

Guest Harrythompson1

Hi, asked a question a few days ago, hope someone can help. Me and my husband want to go for a 173, daughter, son in law and 2 grandchildren live in Perth, can't put in for 173 until August as that will be two year residency although they have been out there for 4 years. What I would like to know is when it asks for step brothers and sisters on the form does it mean blood related as both my mum and dad married again but step brothers and sisters are not blood related, also do we have to have medical school for a 173, would love some help on this, many thanks harrythompson1

Hi, asked a question a few days ago, hope someone can help. Me and my husband want to go for a 173, daughter, son in law and 2 grandchildren live in Perth, can't put in for 173 until August as that will be two year residency although they have been out there for 4 years. What I would like to know is when it asks for step brothers and sisters on the form does it mean blood related as both my mum and dad married again but step brothers and sisters are not blood related, also do we have to have medical school for a 173, would love some help on this, many thanks harrythompson1

My understanding is step brothers and sisters are never blood related, otherwise would they not be your half brothers, sisters?

Regards

Bev

Guest Harrythompson1

Yes, it's just me worrying about putting everything right on the application, it's a nightmare cos I know everyone's except one and it's so hard to find it, come from a large family, have five biological brothers and sisters and six step brothers and sisters, l know Aug is a long time off but want to get everything in order when the time comes harrythompson1

Yes, it's just me worrying about putting everything right on the application, it's a nightmare cos I know everyone's except one and it's so hard to find it, come from a large family, have five biological brothers and sisters and six step brothers and sisters, l know Aug is a long time off but want to get everything in order when the time comes harrythompson1

I also had 6 step brothers and sisters, that I hardly know, but one of them was helpful and game me the information of the others.

hopefully you can find one like that.

Nightmare with complicated family set ups. My husband has a full sister that he has never met who was adopted so we left her off since we aren't even properly sure of her name! I think you just have to do the best you can - after all it's always 'to thebestof my knowledge' when you sign these things.

Therein lies the issue with the pre-issued checklist approach the PVC used to take.

With a visa application acknowledgment letter issued in November 2014 and a processing timeline of 22 to 24 months for a subclass 143 application it is probable your medical examinations (which have a validity period of 12 months) will expire before visas are granted.

If your application was lodged in May 2014 it will be touch and go whether your visas are granted and your can enter Australia before the medicals expire.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

Could you please shed some lights on how this would affect the first entry after the visa is granted? Does the medical expiration affect that one too ? Our lodgement date is April 30th 2014 and I think the meds were done end of May 2015, so I really hope the visa would be granted by then, but not sure how long will my mom have to enter Aus with that visa due to the very little we have on her meds.

Cheers,

Nassim

Hi Alan,

Could you please shed some lights on how this would affect the first entry after the visa is granted? Does the medical expiration affect that one too ? Our lodgement date is April 30th 2014 and I think the meds were done end of May 2015, so I really hope the visa would be granted by then, but not sure how long will my mom have to enter Aus with that visa due to the very little we have on her meds.

Cheers,

Nassim

Hi Nassim.

The required initial entry date is usually 12 months from the earlier of the date the medical examination was undertaken and the police clearances were issued.

Hope this helps.

Hi I'm hoping that someone will be able to give me some advice; me and my sister both live here in Sydney I have PR and my sister is going through hers now and we want our mom to come out and live here with us. She is alone in uk with no other children/husband or family. Do you know what the easiest/quickest way of us doing this and if its possible? She is 65 and retired by the way. Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

As far as I am aware, unless things have changed recently it is not possible to sponsor a parent for a Remaining Relative Visa . You could sponsor your mum for a parent visa but you would need to be settled in Australia for 2 years. The options would be Contributory Aged Parent visa, which would be the quickest but is expensive. you can check here https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Fees but I think it's around $43.000 plus. Alternatively there is the 103/804 parent visa which is much cheaper but takes longer - the website says up to 30 years, but I have heard around 8 or 9. You can read here about the different options:

https://www.border.gov.au/Search and put parent visa in the search box.

I am now in the process of getting my dog booked up for everything she needs, quote provided by Petair. So it will be 7 months minimum before she can travel. I plan to put the house on the market in the Spring/early Summer and am expecting it to take about 3-4 months to complete the sale. If that happens to my expected timescale, I will then have sold the property and will be homeless by about August, so I've decided to go the same route as Skeelsy and Geordie Joe with a 600 visa and wait out my remaining time for the 143 in Australia. Can you two give me pointers on the health insurance cover needed and anybody you would recommend please?

Edited by Catlady2014

Hi all. We flew to out of Australia NZ after our temp visa ran out at end of Jan. My husband has been granted an electronic visa to return for a further max 3 month stay where hopefully we will be given CO within that time. I however bizarrely haven't got one after couple days delay and no response. We are due to fly in less than 24 hours so looks like he's going back and I might be here until they return when we are ready to be granted. Fingers crossed folks they show me some sympathy and not leave me here alone Kim

Hi, can somebody please tell me - does the CPV visa 143 entitle the holder to medicare such as lower prescription charges etc? - is this the Health Care Card? The IMMI site says that people holding a permanent visa qualify, but I've seen earlier mention on this forum of both 2 years wait and 4 years wait for eligibility, although I'm not too sure which visas these related to.

Hi, can somebody please tell me - does the CPV visa 143 entitle the holder to medicare such as lower prescription charges etc? - is this the Health Care Card? The IMMI site says that people holding a permanent visa qualify, but I've seen earlier mention on this forum of both 2 years wait and 4 years wait for eligibility, although I'm not too sure which visas these related to.

Hi Sadge,

143 is a PR visa and therefore comes with all the benefits of Medicare from day 1, no wait. The only restriction on this visa is with relation to Centrelink and that is where your AOS and the bond you place comes in. Meaning, that if you need to claim it comes out of your bond and once that is used then your AOS is then responsible until the 10 year probation period is up.

Cheers

Phil