Guest guest36187

Afraid so

Would be better to have a more personal service, especially with the amount of money we are having to part with!

What part of Perth are you heading to, we're hoping to be there too.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve we are moving to Ridgewood nor as my two daughters and four grandchildren are living there and we will be staying with them to start with but I also have a 12 year old son so I am busy looking at schools for him and the schools where they are don't look too good so not sure quite what to do ! What area are you going to? We will also have to find jobs as after paying the 2nd vac there is not enough left to buy house outright so will have to get a mortgage which is a bit sad as we are mortgage free here

Linda

Guest Phalarope83

Hi Steve2, We are heading for Brisbane as our son lives there. Have visited several times and love it there so a lot to look forward to. Where will you be heading for or are you already located?

Hi Steve we are moving to Ridgewood nor as my two daughters and four grandchildren are living there and we will be staying with them to start with but I also have a 12 year old son so I am busy looking at schools for him and the schools where they are don't look too good so not sure quite what to do ! What area are you going to? We will also have to find jobs as after paying the 2nd vac there is not enough left to buy house outright so will have to get a mortgage which is a bit sad as we are mortgage free here

Linda

Hi Linda

We're intending to stay with our son and his wife at first in Wannaroo, then we hope to buy in the Yanchep area, don't know anything about schools in the area as we don't have that issue.

We too will have to get some work, so in a similar position to you.

We're going over in January for yet another recci!

When are you going over there?

Good luck

Steve

Hi Steve2, We are heading for Brisbane as our son lives there. Have visited several times and love it there so a lot to look forward to. Where will you be heading for or are you already located?

Hi

We're heading to Perth if we get our visa's.

Currently stuck in sunny Colchester!!

Take care

Steve

Hi Linda

We're intending to stay with our son and his wife at first in Wannaroo, then we hope to buy in the Yanchep area, don't know anything about schools in the area as we don't have that issue.

We too will have to get some work, so in a similar position to you.

We're going over in January for yet another recci!

When are you going over there?

Good luck

Steve

Hi Steve

we are going on 30 December on visitor visa and hoping we get our 143 before 23 March when we will have to leave or get the tourist visa which lets you stay longer. Fingers and everything else crossed. Happy to meet up with you in Jan if you like to see how we all getting on

Linda

Hi Steve

we are going on 30 December on visitor visa and hoping we get our 143 before 23 March when we will have to leave or get the tourist visa which lets you stay longer. Fingers and everything else crossed. Happy to meet up with you in Jan if you like to see how we all getting on

Linda

Hi Linda

That would be good I'll PM you if that's ok

Cheers

Steve

Hi you can send items using international tracked from the post office. This doesn't get a signature but has electronic tracking all the way. It tells you each step of the journey is when's it reaches Aus when it gets to Perth then when it is out for delivery and finally when it has been delivered.i have used this service to send important documents to my daughter and tracked it all the way. Hope this helps

Linda

That's interesting - Post Office told me it couldn't be done because international tracking wasn't available for Australia! That's why I used the Signed For service - at a cost of £7.95 for an ordinary sized envelope, weighing no more than 100g. And more than 4 weeks to reach is destination! Crazy. I'm going to do what Steve2 suggests - send money to my daughter in Australia so that she can take care of it from there.

That's interesting - Post Office told me it couldn't be done because international tracking wasn't available for Australia! That's why I used the Signed For service - at a cost of £7.95 for an ordinary sized envelope, weighing no more than 100g. And more than 4 weeks to reach is destination! Crazy. I'm going to do what Steve2 suggests - send money to my daughter in Australia so that she can take care of it from there.

Yes, I was told the same thing at the Post Office. I ended up sending my payment via a courier at a cost of about £25 if my memory is correct.

You can deffo do this as I worked at the Post Office until I left this year ready for the big move. It costs about the same as for the signed for but you get electronic tracking. But yes I agree the easiest way is to get the bank chq from your daughter and get them to send it securely from there. It's all a huge stress isn't it. Three weeks today and we will be on the plane. Can't wait??????

Guest Phalarope83

Hi Steve, Well it's a small world as we are in Mersea. Perhaps we too should meet up and compare notes? PM me if interested although I know time is now short.

Edited by Phalarope83

Thanks for all the helpful info.

Yes, I think a courier is the answer - worth the money for a bit of peace of mind. Its all a bit stressful isn't it? Still we don't really need to worry about sending the money yet - we've only just swapped from the 103 to the 143 list so I expect it will be some time yet. :-)

Thanks for all the helpful info.

Yes, I think a courier is the answer - worth the money for a bit of peace of mind. Its all a bit stressful isn't it? Still we don't really need to worry about sending the money yet - we've only just swapped from the 103 to the 143 list so I expect it will be some time yet. :-)

Just a word of warning I don't think they'll accept a sterling bankers draft it has to be a bankers cheque in Australian dollars.

Hi Steve , we are currently in Wanneroo on a house swop which finishes on 19th Jan . Sounds like we have similar plans as we are looking to relocate Yanchep/two rocks/quins rock area . This is our 5th swop north of Perth which includes car and makes long term visits much easier on the wallet .House prices seem to be falling as there are loads on the market so that's good news for you

Keith

what is going on???? Is everyone going to Perth? Sounds like there's going to be quite a community of Pommie CPv's in Perth.

Time to start a new group......Anyone heading for Mornington Peninsular VIC???

Julie

Hi Julie,

I'm another......heading for Perth

I have to say that if both our boys hadn't chosen Perth to live, then Victoria would be our pick.

Would be good to see Immi processing into March before the New Year

Phil

Hi Steve , we are currently in Wanneroo on a house swop which finishes on 19th Jan . Sounds like we have similar plans as we are looking to relocate Yanchep/two rocks/quins rock area . This is our 5th swop north of Perth which includes car and makes long term visits much easier on the wallet .House prices seem to be falling as there are loads on the market so that's good news for you

Keith

Hi Keith

That sounds interesting, hadn't thought about house sitting.

Perhaps you could pm me some details?

We're over in January for a few weeks.

What's your timeline for the long wait?

Regards

Steve

Hi Phil

Sounds like there's going to be one big party in Perth!

Eagerly awaiting tomorrow's Test update, March should be edging closer. I just wish IMMi would contact us regarding meds and Police reports then I would feel like something is happening.

Julie

Hi Julie

Yes I agree with all that.

By the way Perth is beautiful, but all of Australia is by the looks of it.

Any joy on your house sale?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

well we've had a fair number of viewings and several offers but nothing that we wanted to accept. There's plenty of time yet as i cannot really see that we will get our grant until at least May (and that's if we are lucky). It's sort of got past the point now where it would be viable to rent something so if we are fortunate enough to sell before our visa comes through then we will probably take some time to holiday in France and Spain. we've been learning Spanish for our upcoming trip to Colombia for the second part of the wedding celebrations.

feliz Navidad (happy Xmas) to you and everyone else in the waiting room, coming on IMMI we are all numb with the waiting!

Julie

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the warning - you're right, they definitely won't accept a sterling cheque. We are going to transfer the money to our daughter as recommended by several people. Already have a bank account in Sydney so it should be relatively straightforward - it was just the actual delivery of dosh to immi that was worrying me. :wink:

what is going on???? Is everyone going to Perth? Sounds like there's going to be quite a community of Pommie CPv's in Perth.

Time to start a new group......Anyone heading for Mornington Peninsular VIC???

Julie

My mum will be on the other Peninsular - we are in Drysdale on the Bellarine. A beautiful part of the country.

My mum will be on the other Peninsular - we are in Drysdale on the Bellarine. A beautiful part of the country.

Hi Stephanie

Nice to hear from you. We went to Drysdale last January to visit a classic car show and also visited Port Arlington and Indented Head. It is a lovely area. And we hope to explore it more when we eventually move out to Oz.

Julie