Guest guest36187

I think what they are trying to say is that they tried changing the way they did things and some applicants were given time frames for medicals and police checks. Immi then got so far behind and now some applicants are complaining that their meds and police check validity is almost out of time. They could say "sorry, we got it wrong" but they won't so they are going back to the old way where you have to wait to be asked for these. Hope this makes sense!

Regards, Val

Hi Val,

Yes this does make sense :)

Thnks

Nassim

Hi Everyone,

I 've applied for visa 143 Last year and still waiting for CO. I am wondering if anyone know that whether there is any blood test including in Medical test or not ?

Cheers

Hi

Yes I believe there is a blood test as well as chest x-rays.

Regards

Steve

I am a hepatitis B carrier for more than 30 years. I am healthy and my liver function is normal

can I pass medical test ?

Hi Everyone,

I 've applied for visa 143 Last year and still waiting for CO. I am wondering if anyone know that whether there is any blood test including in Medical test or not ?

Cheers

I am a hepatitis B carrier for more than 30 years. I am healthy and my liver function is normal

can I pass medical test ?

You could get advice from a MARA registered migration agent, George Lombard is an expert on medical matters for migration.

My son has checked with immigration as they told me to get my police check for December 14 and my medical for February 15. I am still waiting for CO. immigration has said they will honour my checks if they go over the time limit.

That's interesting, out of interest what is your lodgement date?

Hello dear, We did our medical on 26 july 2015 . According to the co, as our file is now open, there was HIV test, urine test , blood test and chest x ray. All these tests were indicated by immi when they issued the HAP id mail. Our lodgement date was 11 sep.2013 . Everything has been submitted and waiting for 2 nd Vac.

Hi Everyone,

Cheers

just had our medicals last week yes there is a blood test chest xray urine test eyesight test and a physical examination we went as a couple but seen separately

Just received the e-mail requesting medicals, police report and assurance of support. Guess it's all happening at last. medical booked for Friday, police request made and daughter is on to assurance of support. But apparently they are taking more than 28 days currently to process the assurance of support so will not meet my 28 days for returning all the documents for my visa. I guess I'll need to request an extension. Has anyone else had a problem with this? Is it easy enough to get an extension, especially as it will be another government department causing the delay?

Contributory aged visa 864. It was only submitted at the beginning of March this year. Such a surprise today when the e-mail came asking for the various forms as above and the form 80 (also prepared ready to submit). I was expecting to wait at least another year.

I am still patiently waiting for information on my 143 submitted December 2013 - I have not gone through an agent - Police check and medical nearly running out, so it looks as if I may have to renew them shortly - Does anyone know of the implications of going over to Australia on an e-visitor visa whilst waiting for the 143 to come through?

Nope, they definitely don't. The 864 applications are at least a year quicker to be processed than the 143s.

Good luck!

Hi Alan do you know what the difference is between a 864 visa and a 143 visa other than one seems to be processed a faster .we applied end of September 2013 for a 143 visa and have only just been asked to go for and submit our medicals and police checks and a form 80 ,only just thinking there must be a big difference because of the waiting times many thanks cookfoody

We are in Australia now with an application submitted, as far as I know you have to be off shore when it's granted good luck

Suppose you are expecting a decision within a few months and you go to Aus on holiday. Do you get any warning when the visa is about to be granted, so that you can leave again in order for it to be granted? How does it work?

Guest geordie joe
Suppose you are expecting a decision within a few months and you go to Aus on holiday. Do you get any warning when the visa is about to be granted, so that you can leave again in order for it to be granted? How does it work?

We are planning to do the same flying out at the end of November to spend some time with the kids before the visa comes through and I can find myself a job. Apparently you need to inform IMMI that you are onshore and they get in touch prior to the visa being granted, we plan to go to Bali until we receive confirmation it has been granted. Just praying nothing goes wrong with the granting of the visa and we're not waiting too long in 2016.

regards

Joe