Guest guest36187

Guest janusj
Dear Petine!

Woww...my parents have just got their visa granted.

I hope you'll get your soon.

Anna

Hi Anna,

May I know when did you pay for the 2nd VAC? I posted the cheque since 17/06 and still not received the grant letter yet.

Guest geordie joe
Dear Petine!

Anna

Great news Anna, at last some positive news, thanks for sharing..

Joe

I.

Yes Freesia, it must be annoying for you all. They used to do things differently when I got my visa; you actually knew the name and email address of your very own case officer but I don't think they do that now. Its all very impersonal. Also, all those weeks waiting for the official nod must be eating into the time allowed for validation. Its not good enough!

Perhaps its time to start Tweeting..........I've always had a reply when I've complained via Twitter to other service providers.

Regards, Val

Hi Val

Makes you wonder if something is going seriously wrong at immi.

Any joy with your house sale yet?

All the best

Steve

Brilliant news - I can't recall when your parents lodged.

Hi Steve!

My parent lodged on 27/08/2013

i got their payment request on the Friday 10/06, sent the bank cheque on Monday 15/06 by express post.

they must have received it on the next day, because today when they send me my parent notification it dated on the receipt 16/6.

Best of luck everybody.

Tina

Hi Steve!

My parent lodged on 27/08/2013

i got their payment request on the Friday 10/06, sent the bank cheque on Monday 15/06 by express post.

they must have received it on the next day, because today when they send me my parent notification it dated on the receipt 16/6.

Best of luck everybody.

Tina

So, 22 months from lodgment to grant. Congratulations, Anna08! So exciting for you.

I.

Hi Val

Makes you wonder if something is going seriously wrong at immi.

Any joy with your house sale yet?

All the best

Steve

Hi Steve,

No news on the house sale front. Its like living in the land that time forgot! It isn't only me - there are 2 more on my avenue and 3 on the next. They've all been for sale as long if not longer than mine. We have decided to visit Brisbane for Christmas this year though so at least we'll see the grandchildren again.

I have no idea why the visa centre became so impersonal. Perhaps it was a cost cutting measure but it seems, to me at least, that their customers are mostly dissatisfied with the service they are getting in view of the vast sums they are handing over. I'd follow them on Twitter if I were you and make my grievances known. They might just start taking the feedback on board if enough people let them know they're not happy. It can't hurt to try!

All the best! Val

Hi Anna,

May I know when did you pay for the 2nd VAC? I posted the cheque since 17/06 and still not received the grant letter yet.

There is a strike affecting DIBP as well as it being end of the year. And if you posted the cheque by ordinary mail........you have to allow time for that too -takes at least an extra day after the mail reaches DIBP for it to be security scanned, opened, registered etc. Ozzie govt is slow when dealing with mail.

Edited by Nemesis

Guest Petina
Dear Petine!

Anna

Many congratulations Anna. So pleased for you and your parents. Don't think we will get ours today - tomorrow??:rolleyes:

Petina

Yikes---I've just drawn ticket zillion and 1!!!!! hello to you all.

We've along way to go as we are only getting our paperwork together and waiting for our 2nd son or our daughter's PR to come through late this year. We naively thought that when we visit this Xmas we could bring our completed 143's with all the certified Doc's, Police Checks for UK and Spain and even have the medical done--Bish Bosh here's the dosh--Hello Australia early 2017.

Now having read all your replies I'm In a quandary about whether to apply for a 173 and let our money accrue some Interest or bite the bullet and go for the 143 and accept the fact that It's likely to be two years min. before we have to pay the second Installment.

Also have I read this correctly that It's pointless doing all the police checks as they will be out of date before the file Is looked at!!!! will Immigration ask for all and any document beyond the Initial form after the Intial lodgement.

I feel like a new boy at a new school of the first day of term, however I think I may end up a prefect by the end of all this---or mad!!!!

Bridgie

Edited by bridgie
poor wording

Guest Petina
Hope you hear tomorrow Petina, you must be so frustrated - keeping fingers and toes all crossed for you xxxx

maisie

It hasn't happened today but still smiling!!

If anyone is looking for a friendly efficient and reliable international removals company go no further than John Mason International.

We had them last week for our move from NE England to Perth . Everything went without a hitch - BRILLIANT

If anyone is looking for a friendly efficient and reliable international removals company go no further than John Mason International.

We had them last week for our move from NE England to Perth . Everything went without a hitch - BRILLIANT

Hi Veronique,

Yes, we were very impressed with them when they came to quote - pity our sale fell through and not had any offers since but we'll definitely use them when we're ready to ship out.

Regards, Val

Guest Petina
Hi

it's 10.00 am in Oz on the 1st July I'm sure IMMI must be doing it today!

Julie

:( not smiling so much today!

Guest Petina
Petina, do you know if your cheque has been cashed at the bank yet? Just wondering if there wiuld have been a delay in it going through because of the strike, and I assume you won't get your visa until the cheque clears.

Our son will check tomorrow. Just very annoying

Guest Petina
YAY YAY YAY !!!! 173 VISA GRANTED TODAY. (1.32AM)

good luck everyone. x

Congratulations Tabitha! You must be very pleased.

Guest Petina
Thanks...we are pleased.

It will be your turn in the morning i can feel it in my bones.... good luck.

Whooooohooooo!! Your bones are right Tabitha! Finally, at long last. Our son did phone the bank and all he was told was that it had been received and we knew that! Anyway, it is champagne tonight - the next one will be somewhere in Brizzie with Maisiedaisy, Vava and who ever else is around!!

Good luck everyone and will be in touch soon.

Petina

Guest geordie joe
Whooooohooooo!! Your bones are right Tabitha! Finally, at long last. Our son did phone the bank and all he was told was that it had been received and we knew that! Anyway, it is champagne tonight - the next one will be somewhere in Brizzie with Maisiedaisy, Vava and who ever else is around!!

Petina

Thats fantastic news Petina, finally made it to the end of the long tunnel. Time to give up your seat in the waiting room, but keep popping back with updates. Enjoy your champagne tonight.

Kind regards

Joe

Petina

That's fantastic Petina, I'd been looking for the wooohooo :-)

Lots and lots of congratulations to you, and as Joe says, please keep in touch and definitely meet up for a drink or two, or three or .....

maisie xxx