Guest guest36187

Guest Petina
Wow that's brilliant Petina, we have our Agent coming round tomorrow to complete all the property details so we have about 12 months to sell it before we probably get our visa.

Julie

Will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you Julie!

Guest Petina
That's brilliant news Petina, hope the sale goes through and you get your confirmation, it's got to be imminent hasn't it xxx

maisie xxxxx

It has to be imminent!!! As Steve mentioned - the last couple of days have passed very slowly! I know we have the visa but really need to get that official confirmation! And yes, it is getting scary!! Better make a start on the 'to-do' list.

Petina

Exciting times Julie, are you looking forward to seeing the for sale go up, hope it's sooner than 12 months before you get your visa. Keep thinking they will catch up on the backlog then realise I'm deluding myself.

Joe

Hi Joe

well it's a year today that our application was lodged at PVC! I was sort of thinking that they might send me an anniversary card or a request for medicals but I'm also deluding myself!:chatterbox:

anyway off to Oz on Saturday for the wedding next week, and then hopefully back to some requests for viewings - as you say Petina scary!

Julie

Guest Petina
Hi Joe

well it's a year today that our application was lodged at PVC! I was sort of thinking that they might send me an anniversary card or a request for medicals but I'm also deluding myself!:chatterbox:

anyway off to Oz on Saturday for the wedding next week, and then hopefully back to some requests for viewings - as you say Petina scary!

Julie

Have a great time in Oz - enjoy the wedding and forget all about the visa, house etc.

Petina

Hi Petina!

You and I are on the same boat as Im too waiting for my parents official grant letter. I got their 2nd payment request on Friday 12th. I bought the check and sent it by express post on Monday 15 of June. It's been delivered on 16...I'm waiting for their corespondent patiently.

I should mention I lodged my parents contributory visa on 27 of August 2013.

Best of luck to you and hope you get your visa soon.

Hi Perthpops I have so far done everything you have done and as yet not been asked for my aos. I am hoping it will be done at the latest September as I think time scale has increased slightly Hoping to fly out end of October fed up of waiting now.

Guest Petina
Hi Petina!

You and I are on the same boat as Im too waiting for my parents official grant letter. I got their 2nd payment request on Friday 12th. I bought the check and sent it by express post on Monday 15 of June. It's been delivered on 16...I'm waiting for their corespondent patiently.

I should mention I lodged my parents contributory visa on 27 of August 2013.

Best of luck to you and hope you get your visa soon.

Hi Anna

Thanks and hope your parents get the official confirmation soon.

Petina

Guest geordie joe
Hi Joe

Julie

Hi Julie

Time to forget about everything and enjoy your trip and wedding in OZ, and come back to lots of serious viewings.

Joe

Guest Petina
Hi Perthpops I have so far done everything you have done and as yet not been asked for my aos. I am hoping it will be done at the latest September as I think time scale has increased slightly Hoping to fly out end of October fed up of waiting now.

There is light at the end of the tunnel! We felt the same but just about there now..

Petina

Thanks everyone for your best wishes for our daughter's wedding. taking the iPad with us so I'll be keying an eye on you all!

Julie

Hi Julie

Hope the wedding goes smoothly and that the happy couple get their licence through quickly (saw your other post).

The "test" email reply, today, still says the 29 August 2013 for 143's so not any progress for about two weeks.

We have our bungalow on the market now, the "for sale" board went up this morning, told the chap to put a "sold" one up quickly!

Anyway have a great time and a safe journey, who are you flying with?

We flew with Qatar on our recent trip to Perth and they were very good.

All the best

Steve

Hello everyone,

Please can you help me. What I have to do to pay AOS. Do I need to fill same form?

Thank you

Not sure what you mean by the 'same form" ? You normally need to wait for the request from DIBP in order to pay the AOS (unless it's changed and if so I am sure others will correct me). We went from the 173 to the 143 and DIBP emailed the relevant forms along with the request and instructions regarding how to proceed. Hope this helps. I am not sure how long it is taking now for the 143 to be processed when you already have the 173. A few months I think - DIBP normally say between 4 and 6 months before you will hear anything but this may have changed.

Thanks Sylvia, yes we were hoping for September too but looking at how slow things are moving that is seeming like it will just come and go. Are you using a migration agent or going alone? I think we would feel more reassured if we were atleast asked to do the aos as it seems ages ago since we had anything to go by. Im sure you feel the same! I've lost count of the amount of times people say...ohi thought you were going to oz!! haha Seems neverending!

Hi Perthpops

No not using an Agent going it alone - I started at the beginning of the year thinking I would hear something in June and then more info came out and it just looks as if it could be September or even October, just hoping I hear something before October as my medical runs out then.

Yeah our medicals and police checks run out the end of the year too. I think the best thing to do is get the aos done as i've seen on some forums that that can take 5 weeks to complete! We don't want that requested in September as that would just stall the whole thing. We are using a migration agent but they seem in the dark too with all these delays. We contacted the department a couple of weeks ago but not heard anything back :( We have sold our house now and renting in very small place...!

Hi Steve

we're flying with Singapore Airlines with a 12 hour stop at the transit hotel at Changi airport. We're just not up to flying straight thro unless it's business class and don't want to spend money on that!

it's a strange feeling putting the house on the market without having had a visa granted but don't want to hang around waiting for it to sell either. Good luck with your sale hopefully you will have a sold sign on soon.

can't believe the test email still says 29 Aug, it's not been working for a while so I thought they would probably change the date. Got a sinking feeling that our applications are going to take 2 years! Anyway halfway there got to be on the downhill run!

Julie

Guest Petina
Hi Julie

Hope the wedding goes smoothly and that the happy couple get their licence through quickly (saw your other post).

The "test" email reply, today, still says the 29 August 2013 for 143's so not any progress for about two weeks.

We have our bungalow on the market now, the "for sale" board went up this morning, told the chap to put a "sold" one up quickly!

Anyway have a great tome and a safe journey, who are you flying with?

We flew with Qatar on our recent trip to Perth and they were very good.

All the best

Steve

Good luck with the house Steve!

Petina

Hi everybody! I got an acknowledgement email today for my 143! This seems rather soon as I only applied 10days ago! They haven't taken any money yet! I notice payment is usually taken first....??? They are saying it is taking approximately 24 months to process.

Hi Steve

we're flying with Singapore Airlines with a 12 hour stop at the transit hotel at Changi airport. We're just not up to flying straight thro unless it's business class and don't want to spend money on that!

it's a strange feeling putting the house on the market without having had a visa granted but don't want to hang around waiting for it to sell either. Good luck with your sale hopefully you will have a sold sign on soon.

can't believe the test email still says 29 Aug, it's not been working for a while so I thought they would probably change the date. Got a sinking feeling that our applications are going to take 2 years! Anyway halfway there got to be on the downhill run!

Julie

Hi Julie

Yes we're full of trepidation now we're on the market; wondering if we've done the right thing without the visa grant and what we'll do if we sell quickly.

I guess it's better to try and sell now rather than panic sell if/when we get our visas?

Have a safe journey

Steve

Hi everybody! I got an acknowledgement email today for my 143! This seems rather soon as I only applied 10days ago! They haven't taken any money yet! I notice payment is usually taken first....??? They are saying it is taking approximately 24 months to process.

That's great Karen, now it's a case of just sit and wait !

24 months!!! Urghhhhh! :cry:

maisie