Guest guest36187

I am interested to bring my parents in oz permenantly. Can any one guide me how long it will take if they will apply from oversease.i am australian citizen.

There are a series of hoops they need to satisfy. Including a balance of family test - if you have brothers / sisters not in Australia. Then it is expensive - about $123k for two parents. They will also need to pass medicals.

Guest geordie joe
2nd VAC requested 31/12/14. Paid on 02/01/15

Nearly there

WOW what a way to end the year, that's fantastic news . Always nice when someone moves closer to the finishing line, it also means the rest of us get a little closer.

Thanks for your kind words, hope the timelines give all a good idea of how immi is progressing at the moment, all has gone exactly as our agent advised in the 1st place with the exception of the initial timeline being estimated at 12-15 months to case officer.

as we all know the extended time to 18months is down to the government changes and excessive additional numbers jumping over to 143.

in conclusion we are more than happy with the progress and looking forward to the processess final conclusion

good luck all and a happy and prosperous new year to all.

Edited by Cass1e04

There are a series of hoops they need to satisfy. Including a balance of family test - if you have brothers / sisters not in Australia. Then it is expensive - about $123k for two parents. They will also need to pass medicals.

just to confirm our 143 charges

2 parents on a joint application = $14000.00 aud AOS and $84440.00 aud 2nd vac following the initial 1st vac application charges $2060.00 aud

total $100500.00

so in total approx £55000.00 GBP using the approx exchange rates at time of each part of money transfur

Edited by Cass1e04

Well 'the eagle has landed' as someone said last year, strongly disguised as a Case Officer; Team 1. I am congratulating myself on my accurate predication of today, the 5th January 2015, for this to happen, although I was beginning to doubt myself after reading Cassie's timeline, who we are now hotly pursuing.

We just have to email Immi our police checks and passport pages (yes, as Alan Collett said the other day the 21st century has arrived!).

My daughter will then pay them within the 28 days specified.

Just need Ernie to come up trumps and my cup will certainly be running over!!

Your turn next Veronique ?

my best wishes to you all, carob

Well 'the eagle has landed' as someone said last year, strongly disguised as a Case Officer; Team 1. I am congratulating myself on my accurate predication of today, the 5th January 2015, for this to happen, although I was beginning to doubt myself after reading Cassie's timeline, who we are now hotly pursuing.

We just have to email Immi our police checks and passport pages (yes, as Alan Collett said the other day the 21st century has arrived!).

My daughter will then pay them within the 28 days specified.

Just need Ernie to come up trumps and my cup will certainly be running over!!

Your turn next Veronique ?

my best wishes to you all, carob

Hi Carob

Great news for you - so your timeline is roughly 19 months in all.

Regards

Steve

Hi everyone,

Wondered if anyone had got a 173 to 143 recently? Parents lodged their 143 back in April time I think, lodged the AOS back in October last year and haven't heard anything since. I thought once they'd requested the AOS and got that it would go through pretty quickly then - but has been very quiet!

Hi everyone,

Wondered if anyone had got a 173 to 143 recently? Parents lodged their 143 back in April time I think, lodged the AOS back in October last year and haven't heard anything since. I thought once they'd requested the AOS and got that it would go through pretty quickly then - but has been very quiet!

Hi According to Perth immi auto reply email today,they are assessing 173 to 143 applications lodged on 24 June 2013

So perhaps they applied later than you can recall

Cheers

Hi According to Perth immi auto reply email today,they are assessing 173 to 143 applications lodged on 24 June 2013

So perhaps they applied later than you can recall

Cheers

June 2013? So they are taking 18 months to process the 173 to 143 visas now? I think they were under the impression it was 8 months or something...

Yes you're right, the did apply a bit later (just checked my emails), end of June 2014 their application went in and the AOS and police checks were requested in August 2014 and completed in September 2014.

Edited by nicolac34

Hi everyone,

When you say 'lodged the AOS' I assume you mean their sponsor submitted the paperwork to Centrelink ? It is generally down to the time each individual Centrelink office takes to process it and this varies depending on where the sponsor is. In our case it took 10 weeks in SE Queensland. Maybe get the sponsor to check with Centrelink to see what's going on?

When you say 'lodged the AOS' I assume you mean their sponsor submitted the paperwork to Centrelink ? It is generally down to the time each individual Centrelink office takes to process it and this varies depending on where the sponsor is. In our case it took 10 weeks in SE Queensland. Maybe get the sponsor to check with Centrelink to see what's going on?

We've submitted the bond money ($14k) at Commonwealth and they send the confirmation to Centrelink and immigration I assume? Sorry I thought that once the money was paid over that was it done and dusted! Do we need to follow up with Centrelink again?

Edited by nicolac34

June 2013? So they are taking 18 months to process the 173 to 143 visas now? I think they were under the impression it was 8 months or something...

Yes you're right, the did apply a bit later (just checked my emails), end of June 2014 their application went in and the AOS and police checks were requested in August 2014 and completed in September 2014.

Hi you're dead right, should be 2014

Must have had a senior momemt

We've submitted the bond money ($14k) at Commonwealth and they send the confirmation to Centrelink and immigration I assume? Sorry I thought that once the money was paid over that was it done and dusted! Do we need to follow up with Centrelink again?

Oh OK, not sure what the delay might be. After we had paid our AOS, we got the request for the second VAC within 2 weeks. Maybe the process is taking longer now.

Thanks Barry, assumed it was a typo! That means they shouldn't be too long then hopefully!

Hi

Got 2013 on the brain at the moment Our 143 was lodged 13 June 2013 and if we follow the timeline of Carob (who posted earlier today) we should receive our CO assignment within a day or so

Cheers

Edited by Barry001

Hi Carob

Great news for you - so your timeline is roughly 19 months in all.

Regards

Steve

Thanks Steve. Yes according to the Gainwave tracker site, it has taken 496 days to Case Officer, so shorter then some. They are probably hoping we don't 'pop our clogs' before we get out there!! Always a slight worry too when emailing stuff to them, that it might not actually have arrived. All the best

I think the amount of days on the tracker from acknowledgement to case officer is going to be a bit confusing in the coming months because of the delays it went through between Lodgement to acknowledgment. Ours took six months so will be difficult to compare as the tracker doesn't show lodgement date in that section.

Hi everyone,

Assuming a case officer requested the arranging of the AoS, it is now worth an enquiry of the PVC, I think.

Best regards.

Wheyyyyheyyyyyy visa granted 06/01/15. Just the flight to book now then off to OZ.

4 days from 2nd VAC to grant

Hi

Brilliant news - many congratulations and good luck.

Let us know how you get on over there.

Not at all jealous - no really I'm not!!

Very best wishes

Steve