Guest guest36187

The immigration website says:

You will not automatically receive the age pension or social security payments in Australia. You will have to wait:

1. Two years for most social security payments

2. Ten years for age and disability pension payments.

So what is covered under "social security payments" and under age and "disability pension payments"

The immigration website says:

You will not automatically receive the age pension or social security payments in Australia. You will have to wait:

1. Two years for most social security payments

2. Ten years for age and disability pension payments.

So what is covered under "social security payments" and under age and "disability pension payments"

It means you can't get a disability pension or the Australian aged pension (which is means tested anyway) for ten years.

Means tested for the parent? or for the sponsor?

also, what comes under social security payments?

Means tested for the parent. I would assume that anything that is not a disability payment or an aged pension and comes from Centrelink would be classed as a social security payment.

However, this lists the type of payments which are deducted from the AOS. I am not sure which of these a parent might want to access:

http://www.dss.gov.au/about-the-department/international/policy/assurance-of-support#9

UPDATE FOR CPV143 :-

March 2013 Applications are being processed now.

Applications of march 1- march19 (2013) will be processed this month and Case officers will be allotted accordingly.

Rest of the applications of march 2013 will be processed next month.

MY LODGEMENT DATE IS MARCH 18..so hopefully , ill get my co in sept end or first week of octuber. Finally the long wait is gonna be over. :')

UPDATE FOR CPV143 :-

March 2013 Applications are being processed now.

Applications of march 1- march19 (2013) will be processed this month and Case officers will be allotted accordingly.

Rest of the applications of march 2013 will be processed next month.

MY LODGEMENT DATE IS MARCH 18..so hopefully , ill get my co in sept end or first week of octuber. Finally the long wait is gonna be over. :')

Can you advise where you obtained this update, this indicates that it is taking 2 months to process 1 months applications indicating full years allocation of CPV will only be half processed this year.

Hey Cassie

I got this info from Perth Immi. My agent contacted the immi and told us to be prepared for case officer now :)

Thanks Richard, my wife and I lodged end May 2013 and were acknowledged 14/06/2013

trying to get an idea of timelines as origionally advised 15 months by agent and have read posts advising 18months minimum due to escalation of applicants.

We are going to Sydney, do you know if regional immi offices are used for different locations or all from same offices.?

Good luck with application

Thanks Richard, my wife and I lodged end May 2013 and were acknowledged 14/06/2013

trying to get an idea of timelines as origionally advised 15 months by agent and have read posts advising 18months minimum due to escalation of applicants.

We are going to Sydney, do you know if regional immi offices are used for different locations or all from same offices.?

Good luck with application

Hi Caddie

I believe that all parent visa applications are dealt with by the Perth immi office.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards

Steve

My mum in law submitted her application and cash directly to Oz consulate in London in May this year and still hasn't heard a single thing from Perth by email. We're all fried hahhaa just acknowledgent of monies received would be nice.

We heard that we can get her over now on a 600 visitors visa (12 month) for now while she waits on processing of her CPV. Anyone heard anything to the contrary???

Long old, painful wait!!

Good luck every one :)

My mum in law submitted her application and cash directly to Oz consulate in London in May this year and still hasn't heard a single thing from Perth by email. We're all fried hahhaa just acknowledgent of monies received would be nice.

We heard that we can get her over now on a 600 visitors visa (12 month) for now while she waits on processing of her CPV. Anyone heard anything to the contrary???

Long old, painful wait!!

Good luck every one :)

Hi Cheeky Rascal

Everyone is having a long wait at the moment. we lodged in early April and are awaiting our acknowledgement which is taking 5 months at the moment. We have also considered the 600 visitors visa but I don't want to have to try and renew it if it's taking longer than that to get our CPV143. We also don't want an 8503 (no further stay) being slapped on our 600. I'm sure somebody will have more information to give you.

Good luck - maisiedaisy

Health care entitlement under Contributory parent visa

Can anybody advise what the extent of medicare / health services cover is under visa, and is anything covered under reciprocal agreement with UK

The 143 (contributory Parent) and 864 (Contributory Aged Parent) visas are Permanent Residence visas. If you hold one of these you are entitled to full Medicare from day one. The same applies to the (now closed) 804 visa. I am not sure about the temporary versions of the visas. Medicare is about equivalent to NHS cover in the UK, with a few minor differences.

The only relevance of the RHCA with the UK is if you visit back to the UK. Like any other person covered by Medicare you are entitled to basic NHS cover whilst visiting the UK.

Regards

Good morning/evening, depending where you are :-) I am just wondering if anyone knows a rough estimate of the cost of the medical required (UK)? I have seen someone mention £750 but surely not?? I assume that perhaps each clinic can set their own charge?

Any recent experiences would be good to know, as I'm sure they likely increase each year.

Many thanks,

Amanda

Good morning/evening, depending where you are :-) I am just wondering if anyone knows a rough estimate of the cost of the medical required (UK)? I have seen someone mention £750 but surely not?? I assume that perhaps each clinic can set their own charge?

Any recent experiences would be good to know, as I'm sure they likely increase each year.

Many thanks,

Amanda

Not particularly recently, we came over almost 4 years ago, we shopped around and paid 220 GBP at Maidenhead.

Many thanks,

Amanda

Hi,

I called a clinic the other week and was quoted £300 per person, im hoping it hasnt gone up that much lol:chatterbox:

Tab

Thanks Julian, Barry, Tabitha,

It seems to depend where you live too then; those are about the costs I had originally assumed they might be (maybe the £750 was for two people). Ours won't be due for more than 12 months so things will no doubt change a lot in that time too - I'm just thinking, I must start a plan or table of each and every cost we can expect - because there will be a lot of them (and unexpected ones too no doubt!).

Happy weekend to you all :-)

Cheers,

Amana

Processing times for Temporary Contributory Parent Visas - subclass 173

Due to the high volume of applications received, it is currently taking approximately 18 months from receiving an application for a contributory parent visa application until the assessment stage. The current processing date is February 2013.

just saying lol !!

Guest Phalarope83

February 2013 ? Oh I see, submitted in Feb 2013! Bit of a dumbo I'm afraid. We submitted our in November 2013 and were told to be ready for police check and medical in March 2015. Time passes so slowly waiting, doesn't it????

Edited by Phalarope83

Guest jen1977

My FIL just had his medical I think it was roughly £300 - but don't know the exact figure

finally after about 4 trips to centrelink the assurance of support has been paid and lodged. My FIL lodged his visa on 04/02/13 and even though he is up to assessment stage he hasn't received a case officer as yet. We are hoping that now that all requirements have been fulfilled it won't take too long to get a CO and a final decision. At at the moment we are at 19 months.

Just a bit of a heads up for those doing the assurance of support. Firstly you don't need the original letter asking for the assurance of support. The assurance of support is lodged at any centrelink office and they generally don't have a clue and will take whatever you give them. Second you can only do an assurance of support for 2 people. My husband originally lodged the assurance of support for his dad and was knocked back as he is already the assurer for his mum and step-father. You need an income of just over $31k per year to qualify for assurer. I work part time so didn't earn enough to do it on my own so my MIL (yes the same person who is already on an assurance of support) can do one jointly with me - total income now increases to $48k per year. Once you lodge paperwork it will take about a week or so (depending on whether the person at centrelink lodges the correct paperwork) to get a call from the dept of centrelink to call you for an over the phone interview. If they are happy with your answers they will send you instructions to lodge the bank guarantee. For us because of all the mishaps it has taken about 5 weeks - generally it shouldn't take that long

Hi Julie - yes, next week for sure... keep us updated :-)

All the best,

Amanda

Hi Amanda

At last got my receipt this morning - interestingly they said I'd lodged on 23rd June even though docs were signed for on 20th June in the afternoon. it would appear that Friday afternoon post becomes Monday a.m.

Got to say I'm so relieved. My email says that the application is validated and receipted so at least I know the forms were all OK and I hadn't made any silly mistakes. Had to admit to dancing around the room in excitement!

Not ot long to go for everyone else - it's so hard to be patient but it's such a relief to know that we are now in the system. they are still saying 5 months for acknowledgement etc so no changes to timeline.

Julie

Guest geordie joe

"At last got my receipt this morning - interestingly they said I'd lodged on 23rd June even though docs were signed for on 20th June in the afternoon. it would appear that Friday afternoon post becomes Monday a.m.

Got to say I'm so relieved. My email says that the application is validated and receipted so at least I know the forms were all OK and I hadn't made any silly mistakes. Had to admit to dancing around the room in excitement!

Not ot long to go for everyone else - it's so hard to be patient but it's such a relief to know that we are now in the system. they are still saying 5 months for acknowledgement etc so no changes to timeline.

Julie"

Thanks for the update Julie, that's great news. and it's nice to see thing starting to happen

We lodged on the 4th of July so a couple of weeks behind you. I will need to keep my phone with me as my credit card company have told me they will probably reject the payment the first time for security reasons, but will ring me to confirm the payment request is genuine (hopefully not in the middle of the night). I will then need to let the relevant department know in Perth so they can re-apply for it.

I know everyone keeps saying be patient but like you it would be nice to get over the first hurdle of paying the first VAC and receiving some form of acknowledgement.

Joe