Guest guest36187

Hi Steve, hope all's going well. I'm just wondering if your 1st VAC has been taken yet? Our application was sent not long before yours, but with a bank cheque sent for payment, we won't see when payment is taken the same as if we'd provided card details. I guess with the vast number of applications (and money!!) they received in June things may slow down - I wonder how they will deal with the volume!! More staff? Faster processing? I guess only time will tell now. It would seem unfair that the "faster parent visa route" which is now the only option could end up taking much longer, especially with the large 2nd fee we have to pay. Look forward to hearing your news regarding the 1st VAC.

Regards

Amanda

Hi Amanda

We lodged our 143 on 20th June 2014 and payment will be by credit card - still nothing taken. It's so frustrating!!!! When something is costing this much money you would think that out of common courtesy you would at least get any email saying OK we've received it, waiting time is.........for anything further. We're off to Oz for 7 weeks in December and I'm sure they'll want this that and the other answered whilst we are away from home!

Hi Amanda

We lodged our 143 on 20th June 2014 and payment will be by credit card - still nothing taken. It's so frustrating!!!! When something is costing this much money you would think that out of common courtesy you would at least get any email saying OK we've received it, waiting time is.........for anything further. We're off to Oz for 7 weeks in December and I'm sure they'll want this that and the other answered whilst we are away from home!

Hi Julie,

Ours was lodged during the week after yours, so it won't have been dealt with yet either. Very frustrating - we all knew there would be a long wait, but taking payment should be done by now. Like you say, an e-mail would be enough initially, I am sure they must be receiving a lot of queries which would be taking longer to deal with than sending out a standard e-mail to us all, or put something on their website. Lucky you, off to Oz in a few months :-) Like you say that'll likely be the time you hear anything, I'm sure you'll be keeping a close eye on e-mails while away. Let's hope something moves soon, so we can all look forward to the next step. I guess all we can do is keep busy and hope time flies!!

All the best,

Amanda

Guest jen1977

Update for my FIL visa. Medical done. My husband went and did assurance of support only to be rung up a week later to be told that he could not do it as he is already the assurer for his mum and step-father which does not run out until 2017. As I only work part time I don't earn enough to be the assurer on my own, so my mother-in-law (yes the one who is on a assurance of support bond) can be the co-assurer for her ex-husband. All getting a bit complicated now. Interview done for me, just waiting for my MIL and then bond can be lodged. Thankfully once it is lodged it is uploaded to Aus Immigration overnight.

Hopefully not not much waiting from now on.

Just for others who have lodged recently - visa lodged 4/2/13 - payment taken 27/2/13. Aknowledgment April 2013. First lot of communication 05/08/14 - this advised that we were due to get a CO soon - no further correspondence as yet. So total waiting time 18 months so far.

Hi Steve, hope all's going well. I'm just wondering if your 1st VAC has been taken yet? Our application was sent not long before yours, but with a bank cheque sent for payment, we won't see when payment is taken the same as if we'd provided card details. I guess with the vast number of applications (and money!!) they received in June things may slow down - I wonder how they will deal with the volume!! More staff? Faster processing? I guess only time will tell now. It would seem unfair that the "faster parent visa route" which is now the only option could end up taking much longer, especially with the large 2nd fee we have to pay. Look forward to hearing your news regarding the 1st VAC.

Regards

Amanda

Hi

According to an auto reply email from WA Perth immi yesterday, they are receipting (which I take to mean processing the 1st VAC)for applications lodged on 5 June and sending out acknowledgement letters for applications lodged on 18 March

They say there is a backlog of 5 months sending out acknowledgement letters but with extra manpower now employed,they hope to reduce the current 5 month wait period

Barry

PS. 5 June relates to offshore applications - onshore date is 21 August

Edited by Barry001

Hi

I decided to email PVC in Perth today as I had some extra info to add to our sponsors application and got an auto email back saying that they are currently receipting offshore applications lodged on 13th June 2014 and onshore lodged on 26th August 2014. They still have a backlog of 5 months for applications awaiting acknowledgement letters but now have a task force in place so this time will gradually reduce. they continue to say that applications are considered based on the lodgement date and the delay in registering an application will not effect the processing time for a decision on an application until assessment stage. They are currently acknowledging applications made on 20th March 2014.The current processing date is February 2013 for 143 where applicant does not hold a 173 - due to high volume it is currently taking 18 months from date of lodgement.

We lodged on 20th June 2014 so I'm watching my online credit card like a hawk!

Guest geordie joe

Hi Julie W

Thanks for the update I know there are a few of us who lodged at a similar time, all very frustrating but it's good to know they are being worked on.

Joe

Regards

Amanda

Hi Amanda

Good to hear from you.

As you would expect there's no news, I have to say that I do think it outrageous that they expect all this money but do not treat us with the minimum of respect or customer service.

They have been saying for a few months now that they have employed a "task force" ro deal with the backlog but it is so slow and frustrating.

Never mind it could be worse I suppose.

Hope to see some more positive news in the forum soon!!

Regards

Steve

Finally! For those still waiting, I received my confirmation of lodgement e-mail today (subclass 143), lodged 18 June 2014 :-) They reminded me of bank charges on credit card fees which don't apply to us as went sent a bank cheque, but perhaps those who filed around a similar time need to remind their bank of the credit card charge about to go out. It states there will be a 5 month wait from lodgement date to register an application and send the acknowledgement letter so that'll be end of November (it also mentions the delay in registering the application will not affect the processing time for a decision on the application). I am so glad this part is over, now for the next wait. Hopefully you will all be receiving the same e-mail shortly.

Have a great Friday

Amanda

Edited by AmandaJB

Hi Amanda

Good to hear from you.

As you would expect there's no news, I have to say that I do think it outrageous that they expect all this money but do not treat us with the minimum of respect or customer service.

They have been saying for a few months now that they have employed a "task force" ro deal with the backlog but it is so slow and frustrating.

Never mind it could be worse I suppose.

Hope to see some more positive news in the forum soon!!

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve, won't be long now before you hear from them.... no doubt you will have seen my earlier post.

Regards

Amanda

Hi Amanda

Great news - I can't wait until next week when hopefully will receive the same email. We are 2 days behind you with lodgement date we'll see if they are doing things in order. All this waiting for an email and now another wait, still a least you know they are on the case.

julie

Hi Steve, won't be long now before you hear from them.... no doubt you will have seen my earlier post.

Regards

Amanda

Hi Amanda

Yes I have seen your post - it's good to see some positive news on here and hopefully we will hear soon.

Time does seem to be dragging though.

Regards

Steve

Hi Amanda

Great news - I can't wait until next week when hopefully will receive the same email. We are 2 days behind you with lodgement date we'll see if they are doing things in order. All this waiting for an email and now another wait, still a least you know they are on the case.

julie

Hi Julie

We lodged ours on 1 July so we are a couple of weeks behind you and Amanda but at least this gives us hope that they are opening their post!

Best of luck

Steve

Hi Amanda

julie

Hi Julie - yes, next week for sure... keep us updated :-)

All the best,

Amanda

Finally! For those still waiting, I received my confirmation of lodgement e-mail today (subclass 143), lodged 18 June 2014 :-) They reminded me of bank charges on credit card fees which don't apply to us as went sent a bank cheque, but perhaps those who filed around a similar time need to remind their bank of the credit card charge about to go out. It states there will be a 5 month wait from lodgement date to register an application and send the acknowledgement letter so that'll be end of November (it also mentions the delay in registering the application will not affect the processing time for a decision on the application). I am so glad this part is over, now for the next wait. Hopefully you will all be receiving the same e-mail shortly.

Have a great Friday

Amanda

Hi everyone

Looks as though Perth immi have finally got their act together and doing what everyone thought they should have been doing from the start and informing applicants when they are about to charge the 1st VAC. One was just left in limbo, wondering if they had actually received the application and having to wait up to 5 months to get your 1st contact from them

Barry

Hi everyone

Looks as though Perth immi have finally got their act together and doing what everyone thought they should have been doing from the start and informing applicants when they are about to charge the 1st VAC. One was just left in limbo, wondering if they had actually received the application and having to wait up to 5 months to get your 1st contact from them

Barry

Yes it's about time we all saw some progress!

Hi, can i ask a question? I would like to know if our parent...in my case my father who has been filed under "Parent subclass 143 (Contributory Parent –Migrant) visa." going to get any welfare payments from centrelink? any advise is much appreciated. my email is sade_in @ yahoo dot com

Hi, can i ask a question? I would like to know if our parent...in my case my father who has been filed under "Parent subclass 143 (Contributory Parent –Migrant) visa." going to get any welfare payments from centrelink? any advise is much appreciated. my email is sade_in @ yahoo dot com

Hi

If you google "centre link online. payments estimator" and input your father's circumstances ie. age, seeking work?,retired, etc you get and indicator of the type of benefit he may be entitled to

My understanding is that anthing he does receive in the next 10 years will be deducted from the $10000 AOS Bond you have lodged with Centrelink

Cheers. Barry

I don't think he will be able to claim anything at all until he has been in Australia for at least 2 years. Hence the undertaking of the sponsor to be prepared to support the person they are sponsoring for two years.

Hi Barry,

What happens then when the $10K run out? Will they check on me as the sponsor when my mum gets centrelink payments? I think that works better than keeping that $10K with the government with them paying you a taxible interest! Am I right on this?

Hi

If you google "centre link online. payments estimator" and input your father's circumstances ie. age, seeking work?,retired, etc you get and indicator of the type of benefit he may be entitled to

My understanding is that anthing he does receive in the next 10 years will be deducted from the $10000 AOS Bond you have lodged with Centrelink

Cheers. Barry