176 Issued 19/01/2010

Good Morning Fellow PIO'ers!,

I thought I had posted my news earlier this morning, but it does not seem to have registered? Anyway, I thought 'what the hell' and checked my e-mail this morning (5:30am), no news, but there was some movement regarding my online status. Then at about 6:30ish I checked my e-mail again and 'Holy Smoke!!' 176 visa issued. Wow, a quick rub of the eyes and thought could this be true??? Are there any conditions attached, but no it was a 'pucker' letter from our friends at DIAC.

In the short space of 10 minutes all manner of thoughts was going through my mind, but the biggest feeling of euphoria was the fact that this visa has been issued even though my son is diagnosed with Autism.

I would like to pass on a number of thank you's etc...

1. This forum and its members. It is a great site, and a great place to meet and exchange thoughts, opinions, and general support.

2. To Gill and the senior members of this forum. There are those who I would deem to be classed as Oracles, due to their wealth of knowledge.

3. David Wilden and the team at DIAC (UK & Aus.). We all know that there are times we are frustrated with how the wheels turn so slowly, but to take the time to meet with PIO and engage in a meeting. This has been followed up with further requests/questions with our concerns.

4. My family. Its amazing the amount of times my son has asked, 'Have the Australians contacted you yet dad?' Thankfully he is unaware that our visa pretty much depended on the outcome of his assessment.

Well most of my details are within my signature, however the parts missing are visa issued 176, 19/01/2010, Latest date of entry 21/11/2010 and the team dealing with it were team 4. In a nutshell the whole process took roughly 7.5 months from start to finish.

I would like to further add, that I would like to offer my continued support to this forum as well as providing support to especially those going through the process of emmigrating with a dependant with autism. I hope that this news offers hope to those that DIAC do process those with disabilities and issue visas, without the need to get a new diagnosis. Please PM me if you wish for any help/advice.

To sign off the bubbly is on chill and no matter how bad a day at work it will be, its going to take a lot to knock me off of this cloud 9 moment :biggrin:

Keep the faith

Ronnie Rocket

Well done Ronnie, must be a great feeling. Good luck in Australia to you and your family. THank you too for all your help with David Wilden, being one of the Famous 5. Much appreciated!

Quick question - did you PLE, call Diac or do anything to push your visa along (if that is the right way to put it?!). Or did you just sit tight and be patient?

I assume you did it without an agent?

THanks and congrats again!

Well done Ronnie, must be a great feeling. Good luck in Australia to you and your family. THank you too for all your help with David Wilden, being one of the Famous 5. Much appreciated!

Quick question - did you PLE, call Diac or do anything to push your visa along (if that is the right way to put it?!). Or did you just sit tight and be patient?

I assume you did it without an agent?

THanks and congrats again!

Hi Sam,

All done without an agent. I did a few PLE's but at times there was no response, but i guess the workload is huge at DIAC and I guess where my impatience got the better of me, I would call, so my PLE was answered via the phone.

I know we are all guilty of DIAC bashing at times (Mine more towards the Rt Hon Member of Govt.), but these guys do a good job with the tools available to them. There were instances in my case where the right foot and left foot were not working together.

I as well as many others have been frustrated when you make mutliple attempts to speak with someone at DIAC, however when I have spoken to anyone at DIAC, either David Wilden or a junior colleague of his at DIAC, they have always shown understanding and compassion when helping with my application.

I think the only 'gripe' I had at the time was the issue where I was requested by my case officer to complete meds and police checks etc and then be hit by the 23rd Sept 09 announcement. But I guess events since then (Minister Directive 42) and the newer version of application acknowledgement would go some way to correct these sore points.

Sorry about going on there. Many thanks for your best wishes. If I can help, then please drop me a line

Kind regards and best wishes with your application

Ronnie Rocket

Guest Gollywobbler
Good Morning Fellow PIO'ers!,

I thought I had posted my news earlier this morning, but it does not seem to have registered? Anyway, I thought 'what the hell' and checked my e-mail this morning (5:30am), no news, but there was some movement regarding my online status. Then at about 6:30ish I checked my e-mail again and 'Holy Smoke!!' 176 visa issued. Wow, a quick rub of the eyes and thought could this be true??? Are there any conditions attached, but no it was a 'pucker' letter from our friends at DIAC.

In the short space of 10 minutes all manner of thoughts was going through my mind, but the biggest feeling of euphoria was the fact that this visa has been issued even though my son is diagnosed with Autism.

I would like to pass on a number of thank you's etc...

1. This forum and its members. It is a great site, and a great place to meet and exchange thoughts, opinions, and general support.

2. To Gill and the senior members of this forum. There are those who I would deem to be classed as Oracles, due to their wealth of knowledge.

3. David Wilden and the team at DIAC (UK & Aus.). We all know that there are times we are frustrated with how the wheels turn so slowly, but to take the time to meet with PIO and engage in a meeting. This has been followed up with further requests/questions with our concerns.

4. My family. Its amazing the amount of times my son has asked, 'Have the Australians contacted you yet dad?' Thankfully he is unaware that our visa pretty much depended on the outcome of his assessment.

Well most of my details are within my signature, however the parts missing are visa issued 176, 19/01/2010, Latest date of entry 21/11/2010 and the team dealing with it were team 4. In a nutshell the whole process took roughly 7.5 months from start to finish.

I would like to further add, that I would like to offer my continued support to this forum as well as providing support to especially those going through the process of emmigrating with a dependant with autism. I hope that this news offers hope to those that DIAC do process those with disabilities and issue visas, without the need to get a new diagnosis. Please PM me if you wish for any help/advice.

To sign off the bubbly is on chill and no matter how bad a day at work it will be, its going to take a lot to knock me off of this cloud 9 moment :biggrin:

Keep the faith

Ronnie Rocket

Hi Ronnie

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!

I do agree with you that meeting with David Wilden and his helpers was worthwhile. They gave DIAC a "human face" which was very important, I feel.

Some while back you asked me about going to Sabah for a year....

You have some oddities in your UK/Oz security clearances for the sort of work that you do. Don't mess those up. If going to Sabah would not mess them up, you might want to go to Oz to validate your visas and then off to Sabah for a year? It would certainly be an experience if it wouldn't mess up your security clearances?

Cheers

Gill

Hi Sam,

All done without an agent. I did a few PLE's but at times there was no response, but i guess the workload is huge at DIAC and I guess where my impatience got the better of me, I would call, so my PLE was answered via the phone.

I know we are all guilty of DIAC bashing at times (Mine more towards the Rt Hon Member of Govt.), but these guys do a good job with the tools available to them. There were instances in my case where the right foot and left foot were not working together.

I as well as many others have been frustrated when you make mutliple attempts to speak with someone at DIAC, however when I have spoken to anyone at DIAC, either David Wilden or a junior colleague of his at DIAC, they have always shown understanding and compassion when helping with my application.

I think the only 'gripe' I had at the time was the issue where I was requested by my case officer to complete meds and police checks etc and then be hit by the 23rd Sept 09 announcement. But I guess events since then (Minister Directive 42) and the newer version of application acknowledgement would go some way to correct these sore points.

Sorry about going on there. Many thanks for your best wishes. If I can help, then please drop me a line

Kind regards and best wishes with your application

Ronnie Rocket

Ronnie - thanks for your reply. Like you, we are trying to be patient - after all we only applied in July 09 and there are plenty of earlier applicants ahead of us.

That said, people are getting their visa through who applied at the same time as we did, and my patience is turning into niggling doubts that we are being overlooked - or have we omitted something etc. etc. Should I call DIAC? Contact Mr Wilden? We think we have a straightforward application.

All this isn't helped by the fact that all our documents have got 'required' next to their status - with the exception of our 'finalised' meds. But surely our CO wouldn't have told us to get the meds/pccs done if checks weren't finished or at least underway? Who knows?

I sent a PLE in early Jan and received the standard response - but at least it was an encouraging email and we do fit the MD42 brief. We had a CO, meds/Pccs were requested and they are all done and finalised so that has to be good news.

But we're all in the same boat, and I believe positivity brings rewards - but sometimes it's hard to keep smiling. Thank goodness for the sanity and encouragement that PiO brings.

Anyway many thanks for sharing your experiences along the DIAC road. Enjoy Australia and happy celebrating. Long may the non-CSL SS 176 Visas keep rolling in!

Sam

Guest VickyMel

Excellent posting Ronnie - really touched my heart.

So pleased it worked out well for you and that you did not have to go through long delays after your sons assessment.

All the best to your whole family for the move and a big hug to DIAC for not dragging it out :hug:

VickyMel

Guest Magnetic6

Ronnie Rocket....Wow what a fantastic and i'm sure much deserved outcome!

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when you told your son that yes, the australians had contacted you!

Good luck for your future

Natalie x

Fantastico!

Gives us hope ronnie as we applied a month after you

Watching progress on here gives us an idea of approval

Although we not have CO yet so has anyone else got one near our time line?

when did you get your CO

Where are you going to , we are melbourne bound.

Best wishes and good luck

Simon Tracey Beth And Em

Archived