*Newsflash* States meeting with DIAC tomorrow (Tuesday) on GSM priorities

Guest Mach

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rachbarlow
Hi

I just hope we hear something soon,the stress of this situation is killing me.I am mentally not prepared to stay here another 2-3 years.I hope we have some contacts down under to keep us informed on what happens in the meeting.

me to!!!!:arghh: I'm a GSM GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!

Dear Daniel

Thank you for your email.

The Government of Western Australia will participate in a meeting in November with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) to put a position forward that making State and Territory sponsored skilled applicants with occupations although not critical but still in demand wait until 2011 or 2012 to have their visa finalised is basically making the State sponsored program irrelevant and having very little influence in attracting skilled migrants.

The State will reiterate that sponsored applicants not on the CSL must be given a degree of priority and have their visa finalised within 12 months cutting the time lag so that they can arrive sooner and fill the occupations in demand, at the time they are in demand.

I empathise with you. We have received many e-mails with the common theme of disappointment and bewilderment to the changes introduced by DIAC.

Regards

State Migration Centre

Government of Western Australia

Small Business Development Corporation

553 Hay Street, Perth WA 6000

phone: +618 9220 0254 or +618 9220 0279 | fax: +618 9221 1132

www.sbdc.com.au

www.migration.wa.gov.au

This is the reply I received from WA yesterday in response to asking them what on earth was going on with state sponsored applicants shunted after 23rd September announcement and if they were happy to wait for their 'skills in demand' to be put off until at least 2012. hopefully they will be fighting our corner in the meeting whenever it takes place and hopefully bring enough pressure to bear to make a difference. fingers crossed

Donna x

Hi Guys,

This is exactly the same email i received today also...

Lets all hope that the states go in there fighting for us all.

And heres hoping for a great outcome

Tina:arghh:

Dear Daniel

Thank you for your email.

The Government of Western Australia will participate in a meeting in November with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) to put a position forward that making State and Territory sponsored skilled applicants with occupations although not critical but still in demand wait until 2011 or 2012 to have their visa finalised is basically making the State sponsored program irrelevant and having very little influence in attracting skilled migrants.

The State will reiterate that sponsored applicants not on the CSL must be given a degree of priority and have their visa finalised within 12 months cutting the time lag so that they can arrive sooner and fill the occupations in demand, at the time they are in demand.

I empathise with you. We have received many e-mails with the common theme of disappointment and bewilderment to the changes introduced by DIAC.

Regards

State Migration Centre

Government of Western Australia

Small Business Development Corporation

553 Hay Street, Perth WA 6000

phone: +618 9220 0254 or +618 9220 0279 | fax: +618 9221 1132

www.sbdc.com.au

www.migration.wa.gov.au

This is the reply I received from WA yesterday in response to asking them what on earth was going on with state sponsored applicants shunted after 23rd September announcement and if they were happy to wait for their 'skills in demand' to be put off until at least 2012. hopefully they will be fighting our corner in the meeting whenever it takes place and hopefully bring enough pressure to bear to make a difference. fingers crossed

Donna x

Thanks for sharing....excellent to read such a response from the state we are hoping will sponsor us!!!! Let's just hope we hear some positive news soon!!! :arghh:

Guest jains005

Dear Friends

My friend got a forwarded mail from agent which he got from DIAC when he brought to thier notice the changes in the application status.

in the mail there was a pdf file attached about the new processing arrangements. this was file dated 10 November 2009.

Few sentences were found in this new one which was not there in the fist one:

"As the economic situation changes, the Government will review its measures to ensure that the

program target and objectives are achieved."

"Please note that these application processing times are based on the current visa application rate, the

Processing Priority Direction (in effect from 23 September 2009), and the availability of places in the

Migration Program."

"Processing priorities are subject to change. Any changes to these priorities or processing times will

be updated on the Department’s website. See: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilledmigration/

whats-new.htm"

it indicates that there can be changes in the present rules as situation changes.

does it mean nothing different came out of nov 7 meeting?

I think we have all been waiting a long old time for one of the states to step up like this. And before the balloon poppers on here post a fifteen-page cut and paste explaining it still doesn't amount to anything concrete, yes I realise it's only a declaration of intent rather than policy. But didn't it feel bloody good to read it?! I'd almost forgotten what good news felt like in an immigration context!

Top marks to our sponsors, WA.

Guest Off to the Sun

I just wish QLD would pull the finger out - we are in week 24 now waiting for SS. I suppose if WA are fighting for their migrants and get any positive response it will extend to all states??? (hopefully) :wink:

I think we have all been waiting a long old time for one of the states to step up like this. And before the balloon poppers on here post a fifteen-page cut and paste explaining it still doesn't amount to anything concrete, yes I realise it's only a declaration of intent rather than policy. But didn't it feel bloody good to read it?! I'd almost forgotten what good news felt like in an immigration context!

Top marks to our sponsors, WA.

I feel the same too.

As Winston Churchill said after a successful battle in Africa:

"It's not the end of the war, it's not even a beginning of the end, but it's definitely the end of the beginning of it" or something like that.

Guest Thecairneys

At last a glimmer of hope, We are all scanning these forums for something, anything to hold on to and at least WA have replied with a positive answer. Wither anything gets done or not remains to be seen, but I agree with the above posts it`s just great to read something which may be in our favour. Good luck to everyone waiting.:skeptical:

Dear Steve

On behalf of Senator Adams thank you for your email in relation to your visa application. Could you please provide your full residential details.

Kind regards

Cheryl

Cheryl McMillan

Office Manager for Senator Judith Adams

Liberal Senator for Western Australia

Deputy Opposition Whip in the Senate

Electorate Office:

48 Ventnor Ave

West Perth WA 6005

PO Box 930 West Perth WA 6872

ph: (08) 9481 0349 Fax: (08) 9321 4876

mob: 0417 874 954

Canberra Office:

Suite SG98 Parliament House

Canberra ACT 2600

ph: (02) 6277 3646 fax: (02) 6277 5774

Hi guys this is just one of the replys i recieved back from WA today

I wonder residential what for

Dear Steve

On behalf of Senator Adams thank you for your email in relation to your visa application. Could you please provide your full residential details.

Kind regards

Cheryl

Cheryl McMillan

Office Manager for Senator Judith Adams

Liberal Senator for Western Australia

Deputy Opposition Whip in the Senate

Electorate Office:

48 Ventnor Ave

West Perth WA 6005

PO Box 930 West Perth WA 6872

ph: (08) 9481 0349 Fax: (08) 9321 4876

Canberra Office:

Suite SG98 Parliament House

Canberra ACT 2600

ph: (02) 6277 3646 fax: (02) 6277 5774

Hi guys this is just one of the replys i recieved back from WA today

Dont No, so i sent them my home address i think thats what she ment [hope so] will post if anything happens but like i said this is only one of the E-Mails that i have had back from WA the others say thank you for your E-Mial we will do our best to help so you never no things might start to move but i wont hold my breath

Regards

pom64

Guest TheHollies
Hi

I just hope we hear something soon,the stress of this situation is killing me.I am mentally not prepared to stay here another 2-3 years.I hope we have some contacts down under to keep us informed on what happens in the meeting.

We are the same!! :arghh::biglaugh:

Hi all

Great to see the response from WA re. their intent to challenge the timescales.

I'm WA SS so I emailed all the WA Senators I could find an email address for last night. Only one response so far though ...

++++++++++

Hello – Senator Bishop has asked that I advise that your email has been forwarded to the Minister for Immigration for his consideration and advice. We will again contact you when a response is received.

Kind regards

Office of Senator Mark Bishop

Archived