Mother & screaming child kicked off a plane in USA

Guest siamsusie

Guest siamsusie

Crying child kicked off plane - Armchair Traveller

This poor mother must have been so embarrassed. The captain is in charge of his ship so to speak and I do appreciate the security aspect (in a way) but many planes have have individual Tv's nowadays to watch the security announcements, even if the Attendants are giving the brief, passengers should be able to make out where the exit doors are, the life jackets etc. over the screaming I would have thought. Thai airways actually have specific "baby attendants" on board to relieve the mother/father which I found a great idea. I sincerely hope that this isnt setting a precedence.:mad:

I had something similar, but not so bad on a Ryanair flight years ago. My daughter was screaming and there was nothing I could do to stop her, so I was unable to watch the safety thingy. OMG this mental air hostess, who must have been about 12 came up and yelled at me and threatened to kick me off the flight if I didn't stop my daughter crying and watch the safety thing!!!

Love

Rudi

x

Guest siamsusie
I had something similar, but not so bad on a Ryanair flight years ago. My daughter was screaming and there was nothing I could do to stop her, so I was unable to watch the safety thingy. OMG this mental air hostess, who must have been about 12 came up and yelled at me and threatened to kick me off the flight if I didn't stop my daughter crying and watch the safety thing!!!

Love

Rudi

x

Rudi how dreadful, children are in a new scary environment and they are bound to be upset. Preparing for this evenutality is important but there is so little you can do seated with a belt wrapped around your waist. Some of my happy memories were travelling with British Midlands to Amsterdam, the stewards were actually better than the female attendants!:wubclub:

Rudi how dreadful, children are in a new scary environment and they are bound to be upset. Preparing for this evenutality is important but there is so little you can do seated with a belt wrapped around your waist. Some of my happy memories were travelling with British Midlands to Amsterdam, the stewards were actually better than the female attendants!:wubclub:

Ah well, it was a very long time ago now!! Maybe Karma will dish out a screaming baby, who doesn't sleep through the night until he/she is at least 10, for her one day LOL :cute:

Love

Rudi

x

Guest siamsusie
Ah well, it was a very long time ago now!! Maybe Karma will dish out a screaming baby, who doesn't sleep through the night until he/she is at least 10, for her one day LOL

Love

Rudi

x

:laugh: lets hope so, anyway any airline that was considering charging for the use of their loos on board deserves 200 screaming babies on board:biglaugh:

Last year I was on a Tiger flight from Melbourne, screaming small child in the next row and the steward couldn't have been better; he took the child on a tour of the aeroplane, showed it how to work the aircon, basically spent the entire flight entertaining it, he was wonderful.

Aeroplanes are painful for some kids, short of pumping the child full of Baileys to get it to sleep what can you do?

Last year I was on a Tiger flight from Melbourne, screaming small child in the next row and the steward couldn't have been better; he took the child on a tour of the aeroplane, showed it how to work the aircon, basically spent the entire flight entertaining it, he was wonderful.

Aeroplanes are painful for some kids, short of pumping the child full of Baileys to get it to sleep what can you do?

It's nice to have sensible people around isn't it?

Diversion, distraction, bribery, and the threat of the Captain all work with my two!!

We make him seem like a big police man who has control over everyone - he sits behind THAT door, but he can see and hear everything going on :laugh:

(Oh, and some light sedation helps)!!!!

Sue x

I am absolutely disgusted by that story. I have 3 young children who are mostly well behaved, but as people have said in a strange environment even the best behaved child can become troublesome. I am a nervous flier so I find it quite difficult to control the children on a flight, I get quite irritable and just zone into me, so gawd knows what would happen if one of mine kicked off. But like pp has said a distraction, some great staff and possibly some members of the public offering to help (heavens forbid anyone step in and offer assistance) and it could make it more pleasant for everyone. How anyone can say that children that age shouldn't travel. Ok it could be argued that holidays don't need to be abroad. But what about travel for other reasons. Medical, family enagements etc. We are not all just jet setting off around the world for 2 weeks on the beach. I also think people are very narrow-minded when it comes to children. fair enough they may not want them for themselves, and yes I too have had times when I have escaped the children and feel irritated to find a small child screaming in the vicinity as I wanted a break. however that sort of thing is out of my control. After all these children will be growing up to pay for our health care and pensions (ok maybe not ours as we are leaving the country lol) but you get my jist. Whilst it may be your choice not to have children, some people have to have children just to continue our society and economy. So don't make it harder on those that have made that choice.

Guest Brigs43

Sounds like a good move to me.If parents cannot have respect for other people who dont have kids and want to fly in peace and quiet,then they shouldnt be allowed to fly..

I was on a flight from Perth to Singapore not so long ago.I specifically asked on check in for a seat away from any screaming brats,as I dont have any and neither do I want any,and dont want to listen to their noise.When I took my seat on the plane,I was surrounded by parents and their brats,screaming and carrying on.The parents up and down every minute to pull nappies,rattles and god knows what else out of the overhead cupboards.I eventually turned round to one of the parents and politely asked her to stuff a dummy in its mouth.Well that didnt go down well.I eventually had to ask the hostess to move,which she did..God what a nightmare..

Guest Brigs43

And to say we must have brats to carry on our economy and society is utterly stupid.My wife and I dont have and dont want kids...

Guest guest33730
Thats quite obvious by your narrow minded post. Just remember you were a kid once and dont even try and tell me you never cried or made a noise.

Cal x

Seems like he was saving that for his adult years!!

Sounds like a good move to me.If parents cannot have respect for other people who dont have kids and want to fly in peace and quiet,then they shouldnt be allowed to fly..

I was on a flight from Perth to Singapore not so long ago.I specifically asked on check in for a seat away from any screaming brats,as I dont have any and neither do I want any,and dont want to listen to their noise.When I took my seat on the plane,I was surrounded by parents and their brats,screaming and carrying on.The parents up and down every minute to pull nappies,rattles and god knows what else out of the overhead cupboards.I eventually turned round to one of the parents and politely asked her to stuff a dummy in its mouth.Well that didnt go down well.I eventually had to ask the hostess to move,which she did..God what a nightmare..

I think I'd have asked for you to be moved too. You seem to expect people to show you some respect without offering it return. I'm a parent, so that makes me pro children .... but i've never called any children brats even if they're badly behaved.

Guest proud2beaussie

Brigs43,

Please remember that PIO is a forum for people of all views and therefore just because you don't agree with someone that does not give you the right to personally insult them.

In future please abide by the rules of the forum.

I must admit that now my children are older I do find it does grate when sat next to a crying child, but the only time I get annoyed is when the parents dont try to placate the child.

I once was on a 4 hour flight to Gran Canaria and this couples 2 year old girl screamed through the entire flight, the parents did nothing and just ignored her the whole flight, when the air hostess came to ask if there was anything she could do the mother merely stated, well if you can shut her up be my guest!!!

I feel more pity for the poor parents than anything else, it ,must be a nightmare on a long haul flight and a tutting rude person sat next to you would be the icing on the cake!:shocked:

And to say we must have brats to carry on our economy and society is utterly stupid.My wife and I dont have and dont want kids...

Its not utterly stupid.

When you are 80 and rushed into Hospital for an emergency operation and its going to cost you/ Nhs/ Medicare (whatever applies) £xxxxx where is that money going to come from? It is very naiive to think your money is sat there waiting for when you need it, in reality your money has been used to pay for the million of other things the government spends it money on. Yes you are paying into an insurance policy but the money that will pay for yooouosts will come from the tax payer of the day, just as your tax money is paying the 80 year olds pension and medical costs of today. So no its not stupid, we do need children to carry on the economy and society. Fine you have your own choice not to have children. If you told me to stuff a dummy in my childs mouth on a plane I would stuff it in your mouth.

Guest proud2beaussie
I apologise for my remarks.I will keep my views to myself in future and stick to the forum rules..

You are perfectly entitled to your views and nobody denies you that right,however you need to express them in such a way as to not offend or insult others-if you do that then you we have no problems.

Guest HappyTravels

I can see both sides of the story. I dont have children (yet)- and I am always relieved to discover I'm not sat near a young child or baby on a long flight. However the last flight I took I ended up next to an 10 month ish old - and yes he screamed!

But, I made a bit of effort and chatted to the parents, and actually found the little lad entertaining (once he had stopped screaming). I can see how hard it is for parents but those who come prepared with toys and treats (like the parents I had sat next to) the tots settle down really quickly.

I agree that the ones who leave their children to scream and cry with little amusement when the young child is obviously distressed really don't deserve to upset all the other passengers.

I have also noticed that often the babies will cry a lot at the start of the journey (with me thinking OH NO!!!! ), but within the first 30 mins they settle down. So it seems REALLY unfair to kick them off at the start of the flight. Like others have mentioned I hope this does not become the norm.

Guest siamsusie

Yes I agree Happy Travels, also the engine noise can be quite frightening and then the air pressure on their wee ears can be painful for the little ones, hence giving a bottle/dummy to suck on can help.

ss x

I can see how hard it is for parents but those who come prepared with toys and treats (like the parents I had sat next to) the tots settle down really quickly.

LOL if only it was that simple :confused:

Love

Rudi

x

THANK THE LORD FOR THAT..

:cute:

Guest guest17301
THANK THE LORD FOR THAT..

:cute:

and so say all of us....kids and planes don't mix...unfortunately short of not going overseas or not having kids not a lot we can do about that one! Tolerance is key...

Archived