Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'child'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Working and Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Studying and Training Visas
    • Other Visas
    • Repealed and Closed Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Citizenship
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 367 results

  1. Hi I'm 35 and my daughter is currently 5 and we are applyingvforbthe partner Visa subclass 300 intention to marry visa to be a famiky together with my finace in Cairns Trinity beach. I was wondering if there is a chat group or if anyone else moving ro the area or already established there with children of a similar age? We are just applying for our Visa so wont actually be there for another year. Would be nice to make connections with people with friends for my little girl as all the friends we have in Cairns dont have children.
  2. Hi Guys, Aussie posting here with a British husband and British 10 month old son (haven't applied for his Aussie citizenship yet). Just got to the part of the 309 partner visa application where it asks about members of the family unit. I had planned to do a separate citizenship application for my son who is 10 months old, which is only a few hundred dollars. I'm worried that if I list my son on the partner visa application, that I'll end up having to pay a bigger fee (looks like it's ~$9K instead of ~$8K). I don't know how to describe my son on the partner visa application in this case? Do I just leave him off? Does he come under the 'non migrating members of the family unit? Copied the definitions from the immi.gov website. I'm only a few pages into the application and already finding it to be a pain...!!! Thank you Migrating members of the family unit List only members of your family unit who are applying to migrate with you. Do not list your Australian citizen family members or Australian permanent resident family members. Non-migrating members of the family unit List all members of your family unit who are not applying to migrate with you. This includes your Australian citizen family members.
  3. Hi My ex and I came to Australia together. I was sponsored on a 457 visa and my partner was added to my application. Since then we have applied for the 187 visa and had a baby. Fast forward a few years, baby is now 3 our 187 application was rejected (usual reason - company couldn’t justify my position and afford to pay me..) - our migration agent said this was ridiculous and that many others had been rejected for similar reasons so we appealed in July 2017. We are now all on a bridging visa. However, pressures of uncertainty all just got too much and we are now going through a messy break up. He has moved away and the split is looking permanent. So I am now unsure what to do, I know I need to inform immigration/AAT of this and am planning to do so. But I am also worried about what will happen to my ex. Will he have to leave the country despite the fact his child is here, or will he be offered a way to stay when immigration get in touch with him? He has asked that I do not inform immigration if this, but am really worried that this could affect all our chances of staying and I know as soon as my employer knows that they will inform AAT anyway. Does it matter how long we were together before this or the fact we have been waiting so long for a decision? Or does the fact that it was rejected and it’s now on appeal work against us? Thank you in advance for any information you can offer it really is much appreciated.
  4. Hello friends, I have applied for child visa for my kid but now me and my wife are planning to apply for a tourist visa for my kid. My wife already have PR. We have been discussing how situations will be once we come there. And after all that, we are confused. We need suggestion\advice from experts or from someone who already experienced it. My son is now 4 months old and we are planning to travel somewhere in december\january (by that time my baby will turn 9-10 months). My wife may not work till our kid turns 1 year. After that we are planning for a daycare. Which daycare will be good and affordable (our budget 2000/month)? Is the daycare good enough to handle annoying kids :)? Which suburb is suitable to settle (considering the nearby vegetable market, grocery stores, good public school, etc)? Thanks in advance, Pratap
  5. Hi there, I have applied for a child visa for my baby who is 5 month old (as of august 2019). Me and my wife are planning to apply for a visitor visa while we get the child visa granted (my wife is also PR holder). I have gone through different visitor visa streams but could not find the one suitable. But these visas have a condition 8501 (health insurance) and 8503 (no further stay). Can i apply for a simple health insurance for a child that covers the hospital expenditure or there needs to be any specific thing like amount limit? Does the condition 8503 pose any risk on the stay in Australia? Can we apply for another visitor visa (or any visa) once the visitor visa is about to expire so that our child can stay with us? Thanks in advance
  6. Hiya all, I am looking to send my boy out to work already lol. I am wondering if anyone on here has a child with a modelling agent? I have found a few on the net and one local in Torquay but it would be nice to find if anyone else has had some success.
  7. Hi All, I just tried applying RRV for my family online. I reached the last page and there is no questions about the children. How does one apply RRV for children? Any help is highly appreciated. Regards Shisman
  8. Greetings, May someone pls recommend an experienced migration agent to work out the child migration strategy for a 21 y.o.? The case is not straightforward, as I've learned of the kid just last year. He lives in another country and I work in UK, planning to go back to Australia in September. Many thanks!
  9. I don’t know much about these types of visas... So my Dad lives in Cairns, Queensland. He moved over on a marriage visa I think, his wife is Australian. I’m 24, my partner is 28 and my son is 1 and a half. Is there any way I could move my family and I over permanently as my dad is a permanent resident?
  10. Good Morning! I have a question which has been asked 100 times on here but as ever my case is slightly different from all the rest! I am currently in the very early stages of getting a PR visa via sponsorship. Unfortunately I have just become aware of the issues which can arise from having leaning disabilities and having your visa granted. My son is just under 2.5 years old and has speech delay he was referred to a Speech therapist who decided he should attend a learn and grown group rather than having therapy at this stage. In general he does the majority of what a child should at his age it is really just his speech. So the big question is...are we likely to get our visa? Has anyone else had the same circumstance? as most I see on here are from people who's children have been diagnosed with Autism etc and are a little older. One other thing which I thought of was whether it is possible to agree to pay for any costs my child will incur due to his speech delay once in Australia such as paying for any therapy or extra schooling he may need? Is this even possible? Many thanks for anybody's input I have also emailed George Lombard but there is nothing like peoples personal experiences!
  11. Hi guys, Long story short. I moved to South Oz from Cornwall in 1992 at age 11 with my parents. My parents moved back in 2005 for work. I stayed - had a girlfriend (became my wife)/was @ uni, then I started a career......I had a very traumatic experience @ work in 2014 which destroyed my mental health, career and marriage, all no fault of my own; i've been heavily depressed and anxious for the better part of 2 years. I had a little boy with my wife (currently separated) who is 3. I have 1 Bachelor of Psychology degree, a Masters in Social Work and a Masters in Marketing, so i've got a wide net for employment. Right now i'm self employed, making TV commercials, graphic design - all media stuff. I live alone now and can't see myself ever being happy again, BUT, when I think about my family (mum/dad/brother/niece/cousins/friends etc etc) and Cornwall I get a strong sense of connection/hope and love; something i've been lacking for a few years now. My choice, which feels like Sophie's choice is this: 1. Stay in Oz for my son. I will have a relationship with my son but everything else will be pretty grim, especially when my wife moves onto the next guy, and i'm around to see my son living with him. 2. Move back to Cornwall and have a big family again, start afresh etc. Try and find a way of keeping my son in my life - Skype, holidays etc. So the choice is either to remain in Oz completely unhappy with the exception of my son, or move home to Cornwall where I have a sense of identity, family, a sense of community and belonging - something Australia doesn't really have. I guess i'm putting this down on virtual paper because I want to see what other's think of this - all opinions are fine. Please don't kick me while i'm down. If you knew the traumatic event that started everything you'd understand. I'm not one of those dads who wants to leave his son. I don't at all, but I also don't want to die alone in a country that isn't 'home', and continue being miserable. I've been trying to get better for 2 years now but the only light I can ever see at the end of the tunnel is Cornwall. Anybody had a similar experience?
  12. Hi everyone, i am a new member and would like to know if anyone can help me, we are looking at applying for visa, husbands is a brick layer, and we have a beautiful daughter who has down's syndrome she is 8 years old. does anybody know the situation regarding being successful in obtaining a visa, preferably permanent but any type of visa, when we have a child with mild downs syndrome. in advance thank you so much for your help. bev, donald, jess & harry
  13. Hi We have just joined and are in the process of getting my husband's skills assessed. We are now a little worried since I have read some posts on here about it being difficult to get a visa because of a child's condition. We have talked about it and decided we still want to go ahead but feel we need to do all we can to make sure we have the best possible chance. Therefore I wonder if anyone can give us any advice. Our 4 year old has global developmental delay, he has a statement of educational need and is about to start at the local special school as that is where we decided was best for him at this time. He has no medical needs and his main needs at the moment are speech and language and understanding. He is probably about a year and a half behind his peers at the moment in these areas. He continually makes good progress and we hope in the future he will attend a mainstream school with little support. What I would like to know is what we can do to make sure when he has the medical that he passes as it were? Also, we were wondering if people think it is worth front loading the medicals so once the case officer is assigned then there may be less problems as they will have been sorted out - or will this not make any difference as the problems only come up once the case officer is assigned? We are going to apply for a 175 skilled visa. Once the case officer is assigned do they give you a limited time to do the medicals or is it up to you? We were just thinking that it might be worth doing it before so we can spend time making sure we find a sympathetic panel doctor. Thanks Julia
  14. Dean Linz 5

    Dependant child aged 18?

    Hi everyone, If anyone could offer me some advice it would be very much appreciated. We are hoping to move to Perth in the not too distant future, but due to being 5 points short for a permanent visa we would unfortunately need to apply for a 457 T/V with a view to applying for the 887 P/V after 2 yrs. We have a daughter who will be 18 when we apply who would apparently therefore need to be in full time education to be able to be included on our visa due to her age? We have looked into a full time college course that interests her but she has also been offered the same qualification but as an apprenticeship which she would get a small wage for; £350 p/m. She would still be living at home and obviously would be dependant on us still on such a low wage. Therefore my question is... although this apprenticeship wouldn't be classed as being in full time education, as most of her week would be hands on in placement, it is still a learner course so would this still make her eligible to be on our visa? Sorry to make it long winded but thought I need to properly explain my circumstances. Thank you in advance.
  15. hi all, we were just wondering if anyone had any experiance of this dilemma.... my husband has a 16 year old daughter, who since the age of 4 has lived a 50/50 life between us and her mother. There has never been any formal custody arrangements as it was a mutal agreement with contact drawn up during the divorce, and therefore there has never been any finacial agreements made. We have always paid for what she needed when she was with us, and her mother when she was there. School uniforms/trips etc have been split or eneded up us paying them. Her mother gets all her child benefit etc for her. However, now we are on our way to oz, our daughter has been included on our visa with her mums permission but wants to stay and finish her schooloing in the uk. Now her mother has brought up that she wants maintainance for her as she would be living with her full time. We would love nothing more for her to come with us straight away, and wouldnt ask for a penny from her mother, just pleased with the fact that we had her with us. And as a mother, cannot understand why her mother is not just pleased to have her all the time. Sorry to go on, but my question is, how does it work with payments if we refused to pay? We have already said we would send our daughter money regularly, but i begrudge sending it to her mum, as she would spend it on herself! and not our daughter. Would the CSA chase us in oz for not paying her mother or what is a resonable amount to pay her to keep her sweet? any ideas? Thanks
  16. We are having a bit of a problem working out what a statutory declaration is. My partners’ daughter currently lives with her Mum but has decided that she wants to come to Australia too. In order to add her to my visa application we need a statutory declaration from her Mum (who has verbally agreed to allow her to come with us) proving her agreement and granting permission for the child to migrate to Australia. Can we write this declaration ourselves and have her Mum sign it witnessed by her GP or do we need to have this prepared by a solicitor? Does anyone have an example of one that you could PM me? I would really appreciate it. All assistance is gratefully received!! It is all very difficult and time is of the essence since we don’t want to delay the process even further!
  17. Hi guys! My husband and I, along with our 2 year old daughter are considering moving to Sydney. We currently live in a nice cottage in Mumbai, but would really give up everything if it would mean a better education and future for our little girl. and that's the tough decision we have to make right now. Will we have enough money to give her a comfortable life in Australia? My husband is getting offered a yearly salary of AUD 100,000. + super, before taxes. The company is giving my husband a PR visa. Please forgive my naivete, but i needed help understanding a few things: 1 - Is this a good enough wage to live comfortably in Sydney? I will need to be at home with the baby for awhile till she goes to school or we can afford daycare maybe. 2 - Would a Permanent Resident visa for my husband include the family? 3 - How much do utilities cost per month? water, gas, electricity, rent? (approx) We are really thinking very hard about this decision as we will have to use all our savings to go to Australia and make it work. So as you can imagine, we are so stressed out to make the right decision. Your advice and input will definitely help me! Thanks so much! warm regards from Mumbai.
  18. Stacy Cooper

    nursery fees in perth

    How much is it for nursery for a 2.5 year old in western Australia. Hillarys area? Does the government help towards child care costs or do you have to be there for a period of time before you can get any benefits like that, we are moving on a permanent visa. Thanks
  19. Hi everyone, I really hope you can point me in the right direction. I've been researching all day and my head is starting to hurt due to all the visa options. My husband, me and our three kids are all PR. We are currently in the UK for a year or so, and our fourth baby will be born here in the UK. We are likely to return to Australia next year. How do we go about 'adding' our fourth child to our PR visa? Is that even possible? I did see a 1022 Change of circumstances form? Or, do we need to apply for the child visa (101) to allow our unborn child to also be PR like us? Is there any ways around this - like taking baby to Australia under a temporary visa of some kind and applying once in Australia? We obviously can't do anything until the baby is born and we have a UK passport issued, birth cert for the baby, but I am trying to plan ahead before baby arrives.:laugh: If you have any advice, please do share your wisdom. Thank you!:wacko:
  20. Katrina Clark

    connecting with people with kids

    A friend and I have just started a new website called Connect4Care to help families find another family in their neighbourhood to share childminding. We dropped into a few playgroups around our area yesterday and were thrilled with the response. A few mothers who were new to Sydney said this site would be great for ex-pats without family living in Australia, offering a way to connect with local mothers as well as a chance to get a break from the kids. We're offering a 50% discount on membership to the first 100 people to "Like" us on our Facebook page so take a look when you get a minute.
  21. Hey guys DEPENDENCY - The date my father lodged this visa, i was 17 yrs old and on this September ( 2014 ) im turning 19 yrs old. As per the visa criteria, a dependent should be under 18 years old. My question is, What age is considered for dependency? the age when i applied for visa or the age when my visa is verified by the case officer ?. At the same time I would also like to know the factors which can do to prove my dependency on my parents ? I may also inform you that lst year i took admission in BA part !, under the correspondence course scheme conducted by the university. Pls suggest me the evidence i can show to prove it to my case officer and how detailed i have to fill dependency questionaire. cheers rich
  22. Hi we have been advised by an agent that we are likely to get turned down for a visa because our 3 year old son is disabled. He has global developmental delay and autism. He cannot walk or talk yet but is on his way to learning to walk. He is not on any medication and has no need of medical help apart from speech therapy and physiotherapy which we provide. He does have a statement for educaional needs. Just wondering if anyone else has been in similar situation and have you any advice? Riggers
  23. My Father wants me to apply for a Child Visa Migration Subclass 101. I am already 24 years Old and a recent graduate of a 4 year college degree. One of the main requirements for the visa is I should be attending in the school as a full time student. If I will enroll for a Masters degree, is it considered as a full time student in my visa application. Thanks in Advance.
  24. Hi all, I'm looking for some advice as I finalise my 820/801 Partner Visa application. I'm currently on a 457 visa and have entered my 3rd year with 20 months remaining. (Thus I need to get my finger out and get this applied for...) My wife is Australian and have lived together for over 3 years so I meet all the defacto requirements. I started collating information 12 months ago however it's been on the backburner and I just wanted to check there was no changes/developments I need to be aware of that could impact my application. 1 - I'm reading conflicting reports on here re: medical. Some people suggest not getting medical upfront and waiting until asked. Others say you must get it in advance. Can anyone help with this? 2 - What medical do I need to apply for? I cannot find the specific name of the medical in my visa application forms - again, any help is appreciated! 3 - Does the fact that I've got a child on the way help in any way with my application? (In terms of advancing me up the queue, prioritising me, qualifying me for an alternative visa?) Thanks in advance guys!
  25. Hi! I am looking for a Nanny in Perth in 2014. Work would be 1 day a week Jan to May then 3 days a week from Jun. Love to hear from you. James