Guest pakistan

Hi,

My wife did ask AHC ISL earlier over the phone, SCO (Senior case officer) resides in AHC ISL and I am assuming he/she is the one making final decision. For online applications, I do not think there would be an email apart from usual application status change notification from ImmiAccount.

One day completed, one more Eid day off to go for AHC ISL (14 September 2016).

Best of luck!

Hello everyone.

any idea who takes the final decision? Isl office or Aus?and the grant letter is emailed by the same person?

Yes, you can. But remember the CO will not be able to grant partner visa unless you go offshore. So, I was advised by DIBP general enquiry line that we should be informing AHC ISL via email/phone if we plan to come for visit visa.

The CO will ask when do you plan to go offshore. When you tell him/her and go offshore, then they will be able to grant visa in few business days. Get more details durectly from AHC ISL to be sure.

Does anyone know if an applicant can enter Australia on a working holiday visa while their partner visa is being processed? My partner visa was lodged in Feb and wondering if I can enter on working holiday visa and switch over once it is approved?

Yes, you can. But remember the CO will not be able to grant partner visa unless you go offshore. So, I was advised by DIBP general enquiry line that we should be informing AHC ISL via email/phone if we plan to come for visit visa.

The CO will ask when do you plan to go offshore. When you tell him/her and go offshore, then they will be able to grant visa in few business days. Get more details durectly from AHC ISL to be sure.

This poster is in Canada. They should inform their DIBP processing office - be it Consulate or High Commission. NOT Islamabad.

Absolutely correct Nemesis! Apologies for the error, almost forgot poster's location completely.

Yes, please liaise with AHC Ottawa for accurate information.

This poster is in Canada. They should inform their DIBP processing office - be it Consulate or High Commission. NOT Islamabad.

Hello everyone.. Have been a silent reader.. I'm male applicant applied 3rd march 2016.. Medicals submitted only a week after. In July was requested for additional documents of the sponsor.. They were submitted within two weeks time given. Any idea how long should it take further. The sponsor has been living in Pakistan.

I just received an email from high commission and a women wrote to me saying she has begun processing my file and attached document asking for further document(s). I opened it and it only asked for one thing my certified police check. I apparently sent in the wrong one and went to police station and did correct way. It will be with me in 5-7 days and I will upload online. My question is this:

1) does the fact she only asked for one further document likely mean the rest of my documents are in order?

2) how long from here once contact is made and I am notified "I have began considering your visa"?

any advice or insight would be much appreciated.

I just received an email from high commission and a women wrote to me saying she has begun processing my file and attached document asking for further document(s). I opened it and it only asked for one thing my certified police check. I apparently sent in the wrong one and went to police station and did correct way. It will be with me in 5-7 days and I will upload online. My question is this:

1) does the fact she only asked for one further document likely mean the rest of my documents are in order?

2) how long from here once contact is made and I am notified "I have began considering your visa"?

They can still ask for other documents, they can ask at any point unti the visa is granted As to how long it takes from here, could be months yet. This thread is mainly peopled by applicants from high risk countries, as I think I've said before, and their timeline is totally different. You might have more luck in the UK-based thread I suspect the timelines are closer.

Yes mate I have one advice for you

next time you contact the department, please ask them to subscribe your email or even better your mobile phone number to an application event tracker.

everytime anything happens to your application, you should be notified immediately without any delay. try it and let me know how you go.

Food for thought - when you applied did you see the processing time for this application? likely yes you did, so just follow the process and enjoy the experience. Also do not forget that other people who applied before you, because of the way they applied and information they gave, we are now in this situation. so enjoy the ride mate

I called AHC Islamabad today and I asked them about the "Approved" status that's not showing in my Immi account against sponsor name even after 8 months of Interview. They said that it doesn't matter and its not mandatory that there should be the status on sponsor's name. However, they told me that my name is in Que and I'll get the final answer soon anytime between 1-2 months.