Guest pakistan

Still waiting, its almost been 10 months. I called them on the 20th june they said its end of financial year, will get ur visa in july's first 2 weeks. Mine is in queue for final decision ..

Shez Malik are u a male applicant or a female applicant?

Shez Malik are u a male applicant or a ffale applicant?

Female applicant from peshawar .. applied online application based in islamabad

date of lodg: 12th sep 2014

Decision ready case .. qeue for final decision since start of June

Edited by Shez Malik

hi all

i am so happy today, my wife's visa got approved today. Thank you all so much for all the information and support throughout my journey....

Best of luck to all the people waiting on their visas.

many many congratulation

enjoy double eid,

stay happy

Hi All

I am so happy today, my wife's visa got approved today. Thank you all so much for all the information and support throughout my journey....

Best of luck to all the people waiting on their visas.

Great news!!!!! Congratulations!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

after weeks of stalking this forum I thought I'd finally sign up and put a few questions out there before I go insane.

My fiancé and I met in Perth in 2013, applied for our first visa in Perth in July 2014 and in May 2015 got our refusal letter, unfortunately as we didn't join lease till a few months in they deemed us not in the de facto relationship for a full year before lodgement. As he then legally had to leave the country we sold everything so we could afford the visa again and went back to England where we then stayed with his family while lodged an offshore visa. We lodged on the 30th of June (just before the price increase) but as of yet have not been assigned a CO. I'm dying to receive that email as currently I'm back in Perth (so I can be with my son) while he is stuck back in England. We're contemplating him coming back over on a tourist visa while we wait it out, obviously he won't be able to work but at least we'll be together, but from what I've read it looks like we need to advise a CO with travel plans (obviously has to be offshore when it's granted). Just wondering how long it took for everyone to get assigned a CO? I wont cope the quoted 10-14 months apart. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Congratulations to everyone receiving theirs! It's so good to see.

Hi everyone,

after weeks of stalking this forum I thought I'd finally sign up and put a few questions out there before I go insane.

My fiancé and I met in Perth in 2013, applied for our first visa in Perth in July 2014 and in May 2015 got our refusal letter, unfortunately as we didn't join lease till a few months in they deemed us not in the de facto relationship for a full year before lodgement. As he then legally had to leave the country we sold everything so we could afford the visa again and went back to England where we then stayed with his family while lodged an offshore visa. We lodged on the 30th of June (just before the price increase) but as of yet have not been assigned a CO. I'm dying to receive that email as currently I'm back in Perth (so I can be with my son) while he is stuck back in England. We're contemplating him coming back over on a tourist visa while we wait it out, obviously he won't be able to work but at least we'll be together, but from what I've read it looks like we need to advise a CO with travel plans (obviously has to be offshore when it's granted). Just wondering how long it took for everyone to get assigned a CO? I wont cope the quoted 10-14 months apart. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Congratulations to everyone receiving theirs! It's so good to see.

Hi Amandaandchris,

There is another thread which has thousands of pages of advice and support for Partner visa applicants

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/58449-summary-spouse-visa-processing-times-offshore-uk-please-add-your-stats.html

Currently the waiting time for applications is 10-14 months and people are finding it's taking several weeks now for a CO to be allocated. When I applied I had a CO in 24 hours, but just like the assessment period and cost, things are constantly changing! Lots of applicants go over on a tourist visa whilst they are waiting, just make sure your CO is informed. Your CO will contact you when the visa is about to be issued, so you can make arrangements to be out Oz. Most people make a side trip to Bali or NZ and then re-enter on their partner visa.

Good luck!

Aslam-O-Alikum

I have been reading this forum for a while and this is mi first ever post. I have a question. I am an Australian citizen and I got married in Sep 2014 and applied for my wife's partner visa online in Dec 2014 provided medical and biomatrics in Jan 2015 but we have not been contacted by the Islamabad high commission at all. I have called islamabad couple of times all they say is do not worry we will contact you when we need. should i be worried its been 7.5 months and not even initial contact by high commission or I should contact immigration department here in Australia to get any answers.

thanks in advance

The average processing time for Partner Visa is 9-12 months, your wife's case is still within the time frame so don't worry. Even if you try calling DIBP or AHC Isb you will get the same reply so you just have to wait till she is contacted by the department if they require any doc, otherwise she may get direct grant.

Aussie Girl Bay

Aslam-O-Alikum

I have been reading this forum for a while and this is mi first ever post. I have a question. I am an Australian citizen and I got married in Sep 2014 and applied for my wife's partner visa online in Dec 2014 provided medical and biomatrics in Jan 2015 but we have not been contacted by the Islamabad high commission at all. I have called islamabad couple of times all they say is do not worry we will contact you when we need. should i be worried its been 7.5 months and not even initial contact by high commission or I should contact immigration department here in Australia to get any answers.

thanks in advance

The average processing time for Partner Visa is 9-12 months, your wife's case is still within the time frame so don't worry. Even if you try calling DIBP or AHC Isb you will get the same reply so you just have to wait till she is contacted by the department if they require any doc, otherwise she may get direct grant.

Aussie Girl Bay

Ten month n twelve days completed, just waiting n praying :notworthy:

Thanks aussiegirlbay I just wanted to contact them because AHC ISB do not seem to care the way they talk and other members on the forum have at least got an interview call or CO assigned to them my wife visa medical was submitted in jan 2015 and will expire in 12 months she will have to travel for 7 hours each way to the closes medical center considering the fact AHC ISB did do any thing to the application.

Thanks aussiegirlbay I just wanted to contact them because AHC ISB do not seem to care the way they talk and other members on the forum have at least got an interview call or CO assigned to them my wife visa medical was submitted in jan 2015 and will expire in 12 months she will have to travel for 7 hours each way to the closes medical center considering the fact AHC ISB did do any thing to the application.

It seems that the AHC Isl are taking more time to assess online applications as compared to paper based application, which in my opinion is unfair. The fee paid for both the applications is the same and therefore the processing standards should be the same too. I have seen people who have sent a paper application get visas within 5 months, but am yet to see anyone who has applied online to get a visa within that time frame. This prioritizing of paper based application should be noted on their website so that people applying for these visas make an informed decision as to what kind of application to send.

Oh dear... Don't worry. It's not longggg.. To be honest, I am amazed how things have changed in past few years, when I applied I made a Decision Ready file except me medical & got grant in less than 6 months, no interview or anything so I don't know what is happening these days with regards to Partner Visa. I really pray all who are waiting, get their grant soon.

Aussie Girl Bay

Ten month n twelve days completed, just waiting n praying :notworthy:

I understand what you mean but I think CO can extend medical validity for 6 months if they need to, it's PCC that has to be upto date at the time of grant. I don't mean to say relax & don't worry but I would say you can't do much about it so take it easy.

Aussie Girl Bay

Oh dear... Don't worry. It's not longggg.. To be honest, I am amazed how things have changed in past few years, when I applied I made a Decision Ready file except me medical & got grant in less than 6 months, no interview or anything so I don't know what is happening these days with regards to Partner Visa. I really pray all who are waiting, get their grant soon.

Aussie Girl Bay

Thank you very much for your kind concern and prayers, you always been cooperative.

STAY HAPPY

• 2 weeks later...

Aussie Girl Bay

Hi aussiegirlbay just wanted to know some information about decision ready checklist. I followed all ISLAMABAD AHC visa checklist for 309 visa and provided all the evidence but I did not provided decision check list I needed to know how can I provide decision ready checklist.

There is no decision ready checklist. There used to be one for employer-sponsored PR visas, but they were discontinued a couple of years ago. To provide a decision ready application simply means you provide all documents including medical and police checks, at the time of application. But for partner visas it's usually recommended you wait until requested for the medical and police checks so they don't expire before the decision on the application is made. So in essense, it's not recommended to submit a decision ready application.