Perth Zoo

The Yuills

We decided to visit Perth Zoo today, as we did not go last week as hubby started work.

We left Secret Harbour at 8.45am and arrived at Perth Zoo at about 9.30 and then we parked up for free and paid just $50 for 5 us to get into the zoo. We wandered round, and the kids finally saw some kangaroos and 1 came right up and nudged the kids, almost asking to be stroked, which they did...my 2 year old kept trying to cuddle the darn thing!!!!

Eventually prized them away and continued round the zoo...stopped for a picnic...walked some more...everyone we came across was chatty and helpful pointing out where the koalas were hiding and where the baby monkeys were (in england you would be lucky to have someone open a door for you). Then at the hyenas my 2 and 6 year old were looking through the fence at them and then bump 2 year old on the ground on her bum and 6 year old being barged out of the way as 3 small boys (about 8) pushed him out of the way and stood up on the fence in front of where they were...I was gobsmaked..the mother said nothing about what they had done just asked if they could see now!!! Oh and guess what they were English!!! The next display there they were again commenting how Crap the place was and never seen such S**t in their life!! Held my tongue and stayed back for a while so we did not have to listen to them.

We came away from the Zoo at 3.30, have had a thoroughly enjoyable day as did the kids, great value for money and will def. be returning.

Sadly my camera decided to stop bloody working so got no bloody photos!!!!!!! Still had a good day though and would recomend Perth Zoo to anyone.

Sue

We decided to visit Perth Zoo today, as we did not go last week as hubby started work.

We left Secret Harbour at 8.45am and arrived at Perth Zoo at about 9.30 and then we parked up for free and paid just $50 for 5 us to get into the zoo. We wandered round, and the kids finally saw some kangaroos and 1 came right up and nudged the kids, almost asking to be stroked, which they did...my 2 year old kept trying to cuddle the darn thing!!!!

Eventually prized them away and continued round the zoo...stopped for a picnic...walked some more...everyone we came across was chatty and helpful pointing out where the koalas were hiding and where the baby monkeys were (in england you would be lucky to have someone open a door for you). Then at the hyenas my 2 and 6 year old were looking through the fence at them and then bump 2 year old on the ground on her bum and 6 year old being barged out of the way as 3 small boys (about 8) pushed him out of the way and stood up on the fence in front of where they were...I was gobsmaked..the mother said nothing about what they had done just asked if they could see now!!! Oh and guess what they were English!!! The next display there they were again commenting how Crap the place was and never seen such S**t in their life!! Held my tongue and stayed back for a while so we did not have to listen to them.

We came away from the Zoo at 3.30, have had a thoroughly enjoyable day as did the kids, great value for money and will def. be returning.

Sadly my camera decided to stop bloody working so got no bloody photos!!!!!!! Still had a good day though and would recomend Perth Zoo to anyone.

Sue

No what you mean about tourists lol, try marapana park near mandurah ish nearer secret harbour lots of animules buy sum food and watch out the buggers run you ragged its worth the money if you have kids we have not and liked it , kids can get get close to the wildlife and feed em , watch for the alpacas greedy gits lol

Guest Guruju

I also love Whiteman park out towards the Swan Valley lots of things for families to do but I went there with my brother and sister in law when they were here from the UK and we had a good time even without kids.

I also love Perth Zoo - the train, and the African Savannah are my favs.

Cheers

Julia

The zoo was on my list of things to visit when we were in Perth last year but sadly we ran out of time :( I will def make a point of getting there though when we return.

Glad to hear you didnt let that family ruin your day :)

Emma

x

Guest claire&fred

We love the zoo and have done it twice now. We never got round it the first time which is why we decided to do it again.

Yanchep is also a really beautiful place to go to. The Kangaroos roam wild and there is also a koala enclosure. The lake is just stunning and there is also a nice shop and tea rooms.

Claire

Guest bshootz

We also lved the zoo, my boys loved the croc, i loved the orangutang's, and the smallest monkeys i have ever seen....cant quite remember the name.....thought the zoo was well thought out and the staff very helpful.

Beckyx

I also love Whiteman park out towards the Swan Valley lots of things for families to do but I went there with my brother and sister in law when they were here from the UK and we had a good time even without kids.

I also love Perth Zoo - the train, and the African Savannah are my favs.

Cheers

Julia

Whiteman Park is superb ... take a picnic and the kids bathers because there's a great big paddling pool for them to play in. Cavesham wildlife park is there too - takes about half a day to go round. You'll love it

Ali

Hi,

Thanks for all suggestions, will def. have a go at seeing all of them over a period of time. Just love it that you can pack up a picnic get in the car and make of cheap day out.

Can't post any pictures of Perth Zoo but it would be great to see some pictures of the other places.

Thanks

Sue

Guest Emcooper

I know its a bit further out for you but if the kids are into seeing kangaroos etc try cohuna wildlife park. thats also pretty good and while your up that way armadale reptile cente is only about another 10 mins drive from there.

Guest mackemsok

Sue

Hi SUe

We visited the zoo with my parents and 2 kids. We had a fantastic day too and felt the whole day was so worth it. we went to Aqua in Hillarys the following week and that too was great value for money. This is the main reason we came here to have great days out with the kids and do more family things together

Sharon

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just thought I would add something about Perth zoo. They do an annual pass (Zoo friends) and you pay about $66 per adult, children under 4 are free anyway if I remember rightly!!! Anyway you can come and go as you please for 1 year with this pass. It also gives you discounts at the zoo shop and the restaurants.

Ask at the info desk, it was deffinately money well spent for us!!!

:hug:

Emma (34, stay at home mum)

Stuart (35, mechanic)

2 children (boy aged 3 and girl aged 19months)

Hi there,

I worked at a Zoo in the U.K. and found that some public behaved more like the wild animals and can easily spoil the day out for others. Glad you still enjoyed your day out. Please go back again and give your support to the Zoo

The Zoo's great. So is Whiteman Park/Caversham, in the summer anyway. You can go for a paddle in Whiteman, have a bbq, then go Caversham and stroke the Roos and stuff. When its hot though, its fierce out that neck of the woods.

Hi all, We did our validation trip in June, also visited Perth Zoo, Caversham wildlife park & the Reptile Park at Armadale. They were all great ( Caversham was our favourite) saving the rest until we make the move. We were very impressed with the prices & lack of parking fees!!! Our camera battery ran out at Perth Zoo too, but we did get a few pics. I will try & get OH to load some pic's on (or show me how to do it!!!) Joondaloop lake is fab too, loads & loads of parakeets & kookaburas ( prob spelt that wrong!) & we saw wild Roos. If you take some bird seed with you the ring necks & Galas will land on you to eat from your hand! Brill brill country! Can't wait to get back to see lots more.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived