We've been chosen for new Wanted Down Under series!

Guest garynhelen

Guest garynhelen

Can't believe it! Not sure where we're going, (hoping to move to Perth) but they might send us to Darwin or Queensland! Still, it's a free trip down under, so not complaining!!

Positive skills assesment back, (Welfare Worker), waiting for IELTS results, then will complete visa application online. All looking good at the moment.

We're on facebook: Gary Ward (leeds network) and Helen Ward (Leeds Network)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest garynhelen

Thanks for all your encouragement, I guess it's just one of those things that works out once in a lifetime. We had to fill in an application form, then the second stage was a 30 min phone call with all the family (Hubby 42, me 40, Dan 14, Becky 15 and Rachel 11). Then they wanted to visit with a camera and a fuzzy microphone on a stick! They stayed about an hour, then a couple of days ago they contacted us to say they wanted to use us and asked how flexible we were about destination and dates. They're gonna start filming in about 7 weeks time, with the new series going out in new year. It's possible they might film 2 series back to back so will still be looking for people to be on it.

Still can't believe it, we never win anything!

Guest donovan

Great news for you, it's a great opportunity for you and your family, we were the Jones family on the first series and then revisited on WDU and although it was only for 1 week it was a great experience.

Good luck to you all

How many more on here have been picked for the this series?

Sarah x

Great news for you, it's a great opportunity for you and your family, we were the Jones family on the first series and then revisited on WDU and although it was only for 1 week it was a great experience.

Good luck to you all

Sarah x

Were you not on it Sarah a while ago? - I know that Cal was!

Good luck to you all

Sarah x

We were just watching your episode again the other night. We kept it 'cos we "knew" you!!!

It's lovely to watch it and to know that you are there now and helping others.

Guest yankee

Congrats! We've been asked if we could do a similar stint on German TV. I said... if they pay us, then fine. If they want to help with boxes... even better. :laugh:

Guest garynhelen

Thanks for that! I'll try to look concerned about my hubby at work whilst I'm checking out a white sandy beach whilst (hopefully) working on a tan!

Archived