OMG we really are going (next week)!!!!!!

racht

Well for those of you who didnt read my last post, my OH was contact last week with a job offer - completely out of the blue. Anyway, they offered it to him formally today and he's accepted it!

We fly to Australia next week (we had already booked a two week holiday to Perth to validate visas) so we are going on that and then flying on to Melbourne after that to start our new lives in Australia!!!!

I feel so much better now we have made a decision and told all the family. Now I can start trying to organise things with a limited amount of time!!!

Anyway, will keep you all posted as to how we get on and just wanted to thank everyone for all the advice they have provided us with over the last year or so through this process.

Rach x

:hug:

Guest oggie1

Great news,go and enjoy Perth it's a fantastic City,you'll fall in love with it,do all the touristy stuff like the boat trips,feed the Quokkas and make sure you visit Fremantle beautiful place.

Then you can settle in to life in Melbourne jet lag free and enjoy your life.

Chris.

PS. Don't pull the plug on the UK.At least wait until we have left:biggrin:

Guest andrew_obrien

Good Luck hope it all works out for you. I moving to Adelaide on the 6th on my own so i know how you must be feeling. All the best x

Just had a family afteroon and it really does hit home what you are leaving behind. Made me feel better coming on here seeing other people in the same position. I think (hope) that once these next few days are over with we can focus on our futures in Oz. Thanks again to all on here. You have provided me with a calmness/comfort I didnt have earlier.xxx

Guest The Pom Queen
Kate

Could you make sure all this rain you are having at the moment stops in 3 weeks time?!!!

Rach x

Your wish is my command, it is blue skies and sun today:cute:

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update. We had a great holiday in Perth. Fabulous city, extremely clean and we loved it. Arrived in Melbourne - completely different. Love it too. It is like a different country in VIC to WA. Found a rented house in first week of arriving. Will have been in Melbourne 2 weeks tomorrow. Enjoying it. Found you need to scratch the surface more than you do in Perth to appreciate it, although I feel we have barely seen anything yet. Will do a proper update once I have seen more and have more time but suffice to say so far so good.

Archived