SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi I applied on 8th Sept and still waiting on appointment of Case officer I went ahead before Christmas and done my medical and applied for my police check.

My wife and children are Australian so I'm now just waiting on my visa so as we can all start our new life in Adelaide. it's getting a bit frustrating as before I applied people seemed to be getting a case officer in the UK 3 months I have now been waiting just over 4 months and while I accept that was over Christmas and New Year holidays but I'm really hoping things will start to move soon.

I applied 2nd September and like yourself I've already done medical,police checks etc. I was thinking the same, no notification of casecofficer being allocated but I spoke to the European Service Centre yesterday and was advised that I do have a case officer assigned so I don't think they always let you know :-)

Sent in my application last week, uploaded all the documents and have started the ball rolling for a medical but might now defer that by a month or two based on the time it seems to take to even get a case officer.

I would hope my case is straight forward. Wife is an Aussie, we've been married nearly a year but only known each other just over 2.5 years.

Hoping to move at the end of October so that should be time enough to get things sorted. Does make it very hard to get motivated for the new year at work though!

Hi,

It's up to you when you do medical and police check, they do say to wait to be assigned to a CO, thats what we have done and we are at the 3 month mark next week and not heard a thing from a CO.

Medical and police checks a valid for 1 year after the day it taken, so you would need to enter Australia by that date.

Sent in my application last week, uploaded all the documents and have started the ball rolling for a medical but might now defer that by a month or two based on the time it seems to take to even get a case officer.

I would hope my case is straight forward. Wife is an Aussie, we've been married nearly a year but only known each other just over 2.5 years.

Hoping to move at the end of October so that should be time enough to get things sorted. Does make it very hard to get motivated for the new year at work though!

I applied 2nd September and like yourself I've already done medical,police checks etc. I was thinking the same, no notification of casecofficer being allocated but I spoke to the European Service Centre yesterday and was advised that I do have a case officer assigned so I don't think they always let you know :-)

Had the same from them when I called end of last week - just waiting for the CO to make contact or give us a grant now.

Had the same from them when I called end of last week - just waiting for the CO to make contact or give us a grant now.

I sent them an email yesterday but if they don't come back it looks like a phone call could prove quite successful in obtaining at least a little news regarding case officers!

Curious to know on the immiaccount if anyone knows what happens to document status after they have been marked as 'received'. All my uploads are green (received) and a few irrelevant sections are yellow (recommended). I keep looking at my immiaccount for change but not sure what I'd be looking for!

Just checked the the border.gov.au website for processing times and it has changed, prospective marriage is 5 months from low risk. Partner temp 309 is now 9 months from low risk and partner perm 100 says N/A from low risk it has a number 3 beside permanent. Does anyone know what this means?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just checked the the border.gov.au website for processing times and it has changed, prospective marriage is 5 months from low risk. Partner temp 309 is now 9 months from low risk and partner perm 100 says N/A from low risk it has a number 3 beside permanent. Does anyone know what this means?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Not sure about the "N/A" part - maybe they're going to update that later?

The numbers beside relate to the 'notes' section later down the page - if you click on the blue bold number 3 or 4 etc., it takes you directly to the notes section later down the page - they're hyperlinks.

Notes:

The terms 'Low risk' and 'High risk' show whether passport holders are eligible to apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA).

1. Low risk applies to nationals from countries which issue ETA eligible passports. A list of these can be found on the department's website.

2. High risk countries are those which are not ETA eligible.

See: ETA Eligible Passports

3. Partner (permanent) visas: The service standard applies from the time the application for the permanent Partner visa becomes eligible for decision. In the majority of cases, this is two years after the lodgement of the combined temporary/permanent Partner visa application.

4. Parent visas:

Contributory Parent visas: We process applications for this visa in date of lodgement order and according to the planning levels set in the Migration Programme each year. Given the ongoing strong demand for this visa processing times might vary between programme years. As these visas are not capped and queued, you will not be given a queue date and there is no queue calculator provided. Contributory Parent visas are categorised as a Priority 2 Group in the order of considering and disposing of family stream visas.

Parent (Non–Contributory) visas: There are a limited number of places available each year for Parent category visas. If you are a new applicant for a Parent (non-contributory) visa, your application will be queued and you can expect to wait approximately 30 years after your queue date until visa decision.

A queue calculator is available to Parent (subclass 103) visa and Aged Parent (subclass 804) visa holders.

See: Parent Visa Queue Calculator

More information on the waiting times and processing arrangements for all for parent visas is available.

See: Parent Visa Queue

5. Other Family visas: There are a limited number of places available each year for queued visa applicants in this visa category. Carer visas are given priority over Aged Dependent Relative and Remaining Relative visas in this category.

More information on these arrangements is available.

See: Other Family Visa Queue

More information about migrating to Australia as a family member is available on the department's website.

See:

Family Member - Overview

Processing Applications

Edited by Guest

Yeah sorry Ozzie. My husband applied 18th October. Have you had any contact?

No probs :-) We haven't had any contact, I wouldn't expect it yet I think, based on others experiences on the forums. It would be lovely tho if we did and they said go get your medicals and police clearance!

Hi all.

I just called the Europe service centre, My husband has been assigned a case officer, she could not tell me his or her name but said they will be in contact if they needed anymore info and when its time to do the medical and police check. I asked about the processing times on the border.gov.au site and she said that time scale is universal and in Europe it is 10/14 months but all cases are different.

She said to sit tight and they will contact if they need to.

Hi all.

I just called the Europe service centre, My husband has been assigned a case officer, she could not tell me his or her name but said they will be in contact if they needed anymore info and when its time to do the medical and police check. I asked about the processing times on the border.gov.au site and she said that time scale is universal and in Europe it is 10/14 months but all cases are different.

Thanks for the update, that's great you have a CO, must mean things are moving and, in theory, should mean I have one too! Long processing time but as I said, I haven't seen anyone on here from the UK taking that long.

Yes, you should have one as well, she said it was busy and C\O have to look at the application first before they do anything. I asked how long we had been assigned a C/O but she couldn't tell me that.

Feel less stressed now, knowing we have a C\O.

Thanks for the update, that's great you have a CO, must mean things are moving and, in theory, should mean I have one too! Long processing time but as I said, I haven't seen anyone on here from the UK taking that long.

Yes, you should have one as well, she said it was busy and C\O have to look at the application first before they do anything. I asked how long we had been assigned a C/O but she couldn't tell me that.

Feel less stressed now, knowing we have a C\O.

Probably something to do with Brexit the fact that it's so busy... I don't mind if mine's not granted by the time we leave for aus so long as they allow me a tourist visa as I'm happy to wait it out and have sufficient funds to do so. Might apply for my evistior visa now as they're valid for 12 months. At least I'll be able to make alternate plans if it gets rejected... Sorry, thinking aloud!

Drinks all round tonight I think!

I think it is something to do with Brexit and also Trump. Can you apply for another visa on top of this one?

We need to sell the house and i want to get it on the market asap, we want to leave by September so we don't have to put the kids back in school here, and get them into the last term in OZ.

We are moving to Noosa and staying with my family for a few months, and all depending on where Husband gets a job, Hoping its on the Sunny Coast though.

I do think a nice White wine is in order tonight.

Probably something to do with Brexit the fact that it's so busy... I don't mind if mine's not granted by the time we leave for aus so long as they allow me a tourist visa as I'm happy to wait it out and have sufficient funds to do so. Might apply for my evistior visa now as they're valid for 12 months. At least I'll be able to make alternate plans if it gets rejected... Sorry, thinking aloud!

Brexit? really do people really move to the other side of the world because of one vote?

Hi all.

Glad you called and had some positive news - annoying they couldn't give you more though. Still, at least the ball is rolling.

Uhtred i had to call, i would have been so stressed over the weekend if i didn't. It is very annoying that they can only give certain info out. but like you say its the ball rolling.

Glad you called and had some positive news - annoying they couldn't give you more though. Still, at least the ball is rolling.

I think it is something to do with Brexit and also Trump. Can you apply for another visa on top of this one?

We need to sell the house and i want to get it on the market asap, we want to leave by September so we don't have to put the kids back in school here, and get them into the last term in OZ.

We are moving to Noosa and staying with my family for a few months, and all depending on where Husband gets a job, Hoping its on the Sunny Coast though.

I do think a nice White wine is in order tonight.

I have seen plenty of people in these forums travelling on tourist visas to aus whilst they wait. I believe you must inform your C/O and if it is granted whilst you are in aus they notify you to leave the country. You must leave and re-enter to activate. I saw somebody say that their visa was granted just hours after they left the country.

Understandable about starting a new term. Fingers crossed for you, I think Sep should be more than fine!

Brexit? really do people really move to the other side of the world because of one vote?

Just one vote?! The implications are huge. All of my savings are worth considerably less than they were before the vote. We don't know when/if the pound will recover and with the Aus economy being pretty stable I know which currency I'd like my wages in!

Having said that it wasn't my motivation to move there although I can see it tipping the scales for people on the fence for sure!

Thats something to think about , we can't leave till September anyway as we have 3 weddings to attend.

I have seen plenty of people in these forums travelling on tourist visas to aus whilst they wait. I believe you must inform your C/O and if it is granted whilst you are in aus they notify you to leave the country. You must leave and re-enter to activate. I saw somebody say that their visa was granted just hours after they left the country.

Understandable about starting a new term. Fingers crossed for you, I think Sep should be more than fine!

Just one vote?! The implications are huge. All of my savings are worth considerably less than they were before the vote. We don't know when/if the pound will recover and with the Aus economy being pretty stable I know which currency I'd like my wages in!

Having said that it wasn't my motivation to move there although I can see it tipping the scales for people on the fence for sure!

well we all face the exchange rate problem I suppose... We wont sell our house and rent it instead because we refuse to move our money for less than $2.00 It's cheaper to rent for 5 years then move your money at $2.00 than move it at $1.50 now

thing is it was $1.47 when I lived in oz in 2011-2013 it went back to $2.05 ish in 2015 now its $1.63 it only needs Donald trump to say Australia is a stupid country and it will be back over $2.00 within a month ;)