SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest MM2Melb
Hi MM2Melb, It is still good that you got the 309, start Celebrating when are you off to Australia? We are going Jan 2012 I got the 100 but I have been married to my Aussie OH for 28 years and we have a daughter that moved over there 2 1/2 years ago. Hope all go's really well for you both and new baby. :biggrin: :hug:

Thanks very much yeah it is still great to have the visa through :biggrin:

Haha yes it pales in comparison to your time together! We are going to Melbourne in December but still need to sort out flights/exact date as oh is waiting on an answer after a second interview a few weeks back and if he was to get that they would cover all of our expenses. I also have a 12 year old who has started high school here this year but will start again in Oz in February.

Is your daughter in the same place you are moving to? Think I saw you were moving to QLD in another post - would love to be going there, weather should be amazing! Sadly have family only in Melbourne hence our choice of destination ;-)

Best of luck to you too. :hug:

Guest COOKIE50
Thanks very much yeah it is still great to have the visa through :biggrin:

Haha yes it pales in comparison to your time together! We are going to Melbourne in December but still need to sort out flights/exact date as oh is waiting on an answer after a second interview a few weeks back and if he was to get that they would cover all of our expenses. I also have a 12 year old who has started high school here this year but will start again in Oz in February.

Is your daughter in the same place you are moving to? Think I saw you were moving to QLD in another post - would love to be going there, weather should be amazing! Sadly have family only in Melbourne hence our choice of destination ;-)

Best of luck to you too. :hug:

I loved Melbourne, stayed there meay years ago. Yes our 27 year old daughter stay's in Queensland and has met a Aussie Man. Also OH family stay there. At lest you will miss out on the bad snow here. Sun here we come lol. :cool:

Guest johny1946
Hi Johnny,

Did WP reply to your email? What did you ask? I really need to unsubscribe from some email alerts as every time my phone beeps lately I get excited for no reason ha.:biggrin:

hi chesterbelle,

no reply as yet,dont expect anything today as it is a bank holiday in auss i think,and im sure the embasy in other countries get the same days off, so they will be closed today

so fingers crossed for fri!:goofy:

Guest johny1946
I am sure the rest of the June lot are coming v soon. ... we applied for hubbies visa 27th June and progress was all ok. Had an email back in August about change of case officer and were also told the visa would be granted at the beginning of November. Anyway, visa was granted last Monday but although we had hoped for a 100 only got a 309 (despite the fact that we are married, expecting a baby in march, and have lived together 3 years) so didn't feel like celebrating/posting "good news" at all!! Still, good to have a visa, and am sure yours will come through within the next couple of weeks!

congratulations MM2MELB,im sure you are disapointed only getting a 309 but at least you are in,wont take much to get the 100 when you are there,

realy happy for you though,well done:wink:

Guest Chesterbelle
hi chesterbelle,

no reply as yet,dont expect anything today as it is a bank holiday in auss i think,and im sure the embasy in other countries get the same days off, so they will be closed today

so fingers crossed for fri!:goofy:

ha - yep what is it with Fridays???? I was so gutted last Friday when I didn't hear anything - felt better though when you told me she'd been on hols for a week! I'll be on here as soon as I hear to let you know if I do hear anything:wub:!

Visa granted!!!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Just on 4 months. We got engaged about 6 weeks ago and I have hardly thought about the visa since then so was such a shock when the email came through this morning.

Thanks so much for all the help and advice on here - couldn't have done it without you guys.

Guest johny1946

YES yes yes!!!

got that lovely email when i got home,with a big fat visa stuffed inside!!

i am so happy,havent even told my mrs yet as she is still working,but had to let it out!!

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

think i need a drink!!!

thank you guys,yours are coming real soon

johny:hug:

Guest Chesterbelle
Visa granted!!!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Just on 4 months. We got engaged about 6 weeks ago and I have hardly thought about the visa since then so was such a shock when the email came through this morning.

Thanks so much for all the help and advice on here - couldn't have done it without you guys.

Me too me too!!!! My oh my WP was a busy lady today 3 in a row!

309 VISA GRANTED @ 12.28 today - I am sooooooooooooooo happy right now!

Thanks to you all for keeping me sane (well as sane as I could ever be:wink:)

Good luck to everybody still waiting!! See you on the other side (of the world :biggrin:)

xx:goofy: Bit delirious now ha ha :jiggy:

Guest johny1946
Me too me too!!!! My oh my WP was a busy lady today 3 in a row!

309 VISA GRANTED @ 12.28 today - I am sooooooooooooooo happy right now!

Thanks to you all for keeping me sane (well as sane as I could ever be:wink:)

Good luck to everybody still waiting!! See you on the other side (of the world :biggrin:)

xx:goofy: Bit delirious now ha ha :jiggy:

no way! well done,how good does this feel,:arghh::twitcy::unsure:glad you got yours today as you were a few day before me in appliyng,when do you intend to go?

Guest Chesterbelle

:jimlad:

no way! well done,how good does this feel,:arghh::twitcy::unsure:glad you got yours today as you were a few day before me in appliyng,when do you intend to go?

It feels amazing!! We're getting hitched over here in April then jetting off in May - got the added drama of changing my passport but it all seems straightforward enough!

Not even hte thought of applying for permanent again in 2 years could bring me down ha ha :)

Where are you off to? x

Guest johny1946
:jimlad:

It feels amazing!! We're getting hitched over here in April then jetting off in May - got the added drama of changing my passport but it all seems straightforward enough!

Not even hte thought of applying for permanent again in 2 years could bring me down ha ha :)

Where are you off to? x

Thats sound like a great start to a new life for you guys,

we are leaving in dec and going on a trip around southeast asia and wll get to auss in march,we are heading for melbourn as thats were my partner has family.

i am feeling very lucky as we managed to get the 100 visa.:notworthy:

Guest Chesterbelle
Wow congratulations to all three of you! Great they all came at once like that!! :-)

Indeed! Wednesday is the new Friday!:biggrin:

Guest bu22inb

Whooooooooooooooooooo VISA 309 GRANTED YESTERDAY!!!!!!! Where flying out to Oz Monday morning !!! So happy.

visa submitted-27th june 2011.... medical and pc requested.... medical done-3rd august.

got informed visa would be granted on 27th Nov......... VISA was GRANTED 4TH NOVEMBER 2011 !!!

4Months and 1 week.. ( our co was SV )

Hey congrats, happy for you on your visa.

I am also applying for the partner visa 309 this month and move to Australia with my husband. Will you kindly let me know, if I have to submit photocopies or originals of the family letters, cards and photographs along with other important documents (photocopies, I am aware of this)? If I submit the originals of letters,cards & snaps, will they post it back? Also, approximately, how much funds one has to show in the bank?

How many months it took for you to receive your visa? Did you receive a letter stating that you have received your visa as they don't need the passport to stamp the visa!

Will appreciate if you can answer my queries.

All the very best.

Cheers

SangsM

Will you kindly let me know, if I have to submit photocopies or originals of the family letters, cards and photographs

Just photocopies should do - that's what we did and the CO had no problem with that. However, I'm pretty sure that this type of evidence holds very little weight so don't go overboard - we just submitted a max of 8 or 9 photos of us together at family events, foreign landmarks etc.

Also, approximately, how much funds one has to show in the bank?

As far as I know this isn't a requirement for the partner visa - but I may be wrong - I'm sure someone here will put me right :wink:

hi sangsm,

we did all our documents as photocopies but you do need to get them certified as true copys our photographs we sent originals and they sent them back to us straight away.not sure on the bank savings but i know what you mean i also had to show my savings with me sponsoring my partner i think it so they know if you will have the funds to support your o/h when you get to oz but not sure on that one we are still waiting we put ours in on the 1st july 2011

Guest COOKIE50
hi sangsm,

we did all our documents as photocopies but you do need to get them certified as true copys our photographs we sent originals and they sent them back to us straight away.not sure on the bank savings but i know what you mean i also had to show my savings with me sponsoring my partner i think it so they know if you will have the funds to support your o/h when you get to oz but not sure on that one we are still waiting we put ours in on the 1st july 2011

You are right sparrow9999 they only need to know that your sponser has the funds to support the person they are sponsoring. :v_SPIN:

:jiggy:OMG .... just switched on the computer and there it sat!!!!!

My Partner has the visa as do my three children!!!!!

SOOOOOO Happy.....

HUGE thank you to everyone who has helped and advised us on the way as well as the lovely Maree at Go Matilda and SV , our C.O !

Now let the fun begin xxx